UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Emo? USA V UK...

Trinket

Wanderer
Re: Emo? USA V UK...

_Choru_ said:
People dress how they feel comfortable dressing, people also follow trends, everyone does it, a goth picking out the new cool shade of black lipstick is no different from someone else buying the latest Nike trainers.

You clearly lack the intelligence to comprehend the fact that people DON'T get judged on their appearence once they are past the age of say 20.

rofl ur a fucking dumbass. your what maybe half a year older than me rofl people dont get judged on how they look past 20? wrong, they get judged more.
nike > your black lipstick.

_Choru_

Master of the Interweb

Grand Alchemy said:
rofl ur a fucking dumbass. your what maybe half a year older than me rofl people dont get judged on how they look past 20? wrong, they get judged more.
nike > your black lipstick.

I dont wear black lipstick and that half a year obviously makes a big difference in maturity.

Trust me, when you go for a job interview your boss wont care what you like to wear in your spare time, its your qualifications that care.

When you go for a bank loan, the bank manager wont care what you look like.

Please explain how people get judged more post 20?

Trinket

Wanderer

because kids can dress how they want and look like dickheads but thats pretty much normal cause all kids are dickheads and they all go through their little gothic hippy phases.
would you judge a kid more or less than a 30 year old man dressed like a charva or a goth?
and yes, when your going for an interview and your dressed like a 13 year old emo fag, your not going to have the same chance as someone dressed in an armani suit.
if you go to a bank looking for a loan and your dressed like a scruffy little cunt with a poor credit history i dont think you'll get the same attention someone dressed well would.
appearances DO matter.

_Choru_

Master of the Interweb

Grand Alchemy said:
because kids can dress how they want and look like dickheads but thats pretty much normal cause all kids are dickheads and they all go through their little gothic hippy phases.
would you judge a kid more or less than a 30 year old man dressed like a charva or a goth?
and yes, when your going for an interview and your dressed like a 13 year old emo fag, your not going to have the same chance as someone dressed in an armani suit.
if you go to a bank looking for a loan and your dressed like a scruffy little cunt with a poor credit history i dont think you'll get the same attention someone dressed well would.
appearances DO matter.

You cant look like someone with a bad credit history, you either have one or you dont, and it takes about 30seocnds to find out.

If you go to a job interview dressed like a 13year old then its not your appearence that the problem, its your brain. I interview people regularly, I know how it works.

A potential employer would not judge a potential employee on how they like to dress in their spare time.

For the record I'm wearing a gucci suit right now tht my parents bought me when I first got my job ^_~

Trinket

Wanderer

yeh but armani > gucci
i dont mean they look like they have a bad credit history, i meant if they HAD one.
yes... therefore if you appear to be a dumbass (dressed like a kid at a interview) your not going to get the job.
yes, but theyre not in their spare time. theyre at a job interview. thats the point.

_Choru_

Master of the Interweb

We are talking about their appearences in their spare time...

I listen to metal, when I went for my interview I still went in a suit, like any person would, regardless of how they would normally dress.

You cannot link credit history to appearence.

I met a gentlement who only buys his clothes from Saville Rowe, guess what, he is in an amazing amount of debt, from looking at him you would never have guessed so.

Trinket

Wanderer

yeah, but how they dress in spare time has nothing to do with that. you see them at the interview first. if they showed up dressed like a twat, theyre not going to get it.
and do you think someone dressed like a twat would get the same treatment as someone dressed respectably in ordinary day to day whatever? no.
theres a reason people say appearances matter.

You went in a suit because you know you WILL be judged by your appearances. Thats the world, we judge books by their cover no matter how many times we say not to. Everyone does it, and if they claim they don't, they are a liar. Don't try and tell me about maturity, and about "the real world" because you obviously don't know much about it.

I agree, ideally, we shouldn't judge based on appearances, but it is only human to do so. No less human than the need to eat, sleep, and fuck. When YOU gain some maturity, you will come to terms with this and maybe not dress like your mom mixed up your laundry with your sister's.

Sam-hybrid

Knight

lol what a faggot.. bad credit history, dude i could dress in what ever i want i chose to dress in the clothes i like and i feel happy in, unlike the faggots who wear the " trend " nd look like a sheep. fuck that id rather be hated for who i am not loved for what im not ( quote ).

Trinket

Wanderer

whats bad credit history gotta do with that
lol
that was an example... nothing to do with how he looked. i meant what he had.

_Choru_

Master of the Interweb

bodangly said:
When YOU gain some maturity, you will come to terms with this and maybe not dress like your mom mixed up your laundry with your sister's.

You insult my maturity then drop to insults about the clothes I wear, its a real shame because the contents of my closet probably cost me more than your annual income.

_Choru_

Master of the Interweb

bodangly said:
You went in a suit because you know you WILL be judged by your appearances. Thats the world, we judge books by their cover no matter how many times we say not to. Everyone does it, and if they claim they don't, they are a liar. Don't try and tell me about maturity, and about "the real world" because you obviously don't know much about it.

No, I went in a suit bevcause that is the look that anyone taking their life at-least semi seriously must conform to, its a generic appearence and not a shotpoint of someones true appearence, if I go and stand outside my office now for an hour, I would be able to count the number of people not in a suit on one hand, thats not how they all truely dress, its just the correct look for those surroundings.

People wear a suit to work the same way they wear swimming trunks when in a swimming pool.

Sam-hybrid

Knight

ye its like if your goin for a swim u aint gona jump in clothes are ya? you wear a swimsuit like every one else...

Lightning

Wanderer

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS EMO.

Emo does not refer to the music you listen to.
Emo does not refer to how you dress.
Emo does not refer to how you act.

Emo has been stretched and skewed so much that it is meaningless anymore. You can argue all you want, but in all actuality, it no longer serves any meaning. gg