UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Dont Get Scamed Outa Your House!

foolish said:
not being stupid = not being scammed

I think thats a silly thing to say, in fact stupid even.

Brand new player Never played OSI, gets given a free disk, Hey get ya arse into this game I will set ya up m8! come on!!

Brand new player gets offered that sort of cash for a house that was given to him/her.

They arnt stupid, they are new, and not aware that the server has soem people with very low morals on it.

I have done that a few times over the past months, only a couple have taken me up on it. So dont say it does not happen.

Kethinov

Sorceror
Honda, all we're saying is that this game is dog eat dog. This isn't little league where every player gets his hand held. I'm sorry you're offended at how people are reacting, but you really are asking for it. Take this thread as a lesson learned, and use the experience to protect yourself the next time someone tries to scam you.

strtrk

Wanderer
Rogueci5 said:
I think thats a silly thing to say, in fact stupid even.

Brand new player Never played OSI, gets given a free disk, Hey get ya arse into this game I will set ya up m8! come on!!

Brand new player gets offered that sort of cash for a house that was given to him/her.

They arnt stupid, they are new, and not aware that the server has soem people with very low morals on it.

I have done that a few times over the past months, only a couple have taken me up on it. So dont say it does not happen.

Darwins Theory
Survival of the fittest. I was never stupid enough to do anything like that when i was new to UO.

And when people do, they learn from their mistakes. It's just UO, it's not real at all, it's not like he's now evicted and living out of a trash can.

If he quits the server, no big deal. He was stupid anyway, and we have enough stupid people in this playerbase as it is.

The effects of a minor scam like that isn't going to cause mass hysteria and make everyone quit the server, so it's really not a big deal as some of you are making it out to be.

Scribe_mage

Wanderer
Noah's Ark said:
No one "deserves" to get scammed. Telemarketers take advantage of the misfortunate and elderly all the time, doesn't mean they deserved it. There are loosers in this game just like real life..and for that you have to beware.

yea how do telemarketers scam people out of there money?

i was a telemarketer and all i did was ask people if they want to get there carpets cleaned and then gave the phone to my manager who would talk to them about prices and how we clean it.

And to the people who say this is dog eat dog and survival of the fittest shit go to hell. THIS IS A GAME!!! *GASP* i give out money to lots of newbs mabey total of 100k, idk because i got money and i made it the hard way, selling tramme shit you the other rich people =)

I like cake was exploiting people, he is exploiting the idoits brains.

Your right about that. UOG's player base has very low moral. The worst of any MMORPG i have EVER played. I think its beause of the PK system. Someone pisses you off, killl them. Makes every one go on the offenseive. :( its sad really.

Phantom16

Wanderer
mabey if the GM's would go with it their could be a vote.......
how many people want this kind of scam to be a bannable offence, and how many dont.....
i think that would settle it once and for all.....just fucking vote.....

jesus, we need a goverment in this game now......

Fulgore said:
Darwins Theory
Survival of the fittest. I was never stupid enough to do anything like that when i was new to UO.

And when people do, they learn from their mistakes. It's just UO, it's not real at all, it's not like he's now evicted and living out of a trash can.

If he quits the server, no big deal. He was stupid anyway, and we have enough stupid people in this playerbase as it is.

The effects of a minor scam like that isn't going to cause mass hysteria and make everyone quit the server, so it's really not a big deal as some of you are making it out to be.

So you would not mind at all if tomorrow somebdoy hacked into your account and deleted every thing in it?

Now I know I would not really care, but I would be annoyed at the time lost. And its not real life no, but acting like an A**hole in game reflects on your RL morals.

And I think the loss of players from the server is bad, because it Reflects on the server, I have lost count of the boards that say "UO Gamers?? no they are a bunch of A** HOLES!! man stear clear!!

I have played many free games. And just because its free doesn’t condone the way people act and how disgustingly horrible people are acting. I’m not saying every one is a complete ass, but the vast majority of you are.

foolish

Wanderer
stop complaining.. im saying if you dont like the server leave.. if we are all assholes then dont play with us.. its that simple

foolish said:
wow.. stop flaming the server.. if u dont like it dont play it.. its fkn free! wow

You are a Moron!

We are not Flaming the Server we love the server and want to promote it.

We are flaming the Assholes!

Now stop your whinging and act like an adult wanker!

I can never understand why the 1 per-centers can never understand *shakes head*

Enough for me, ya try and ya try but these wankers just do not get it.

foolish

Wanderer
wanker? wtf is that?

EDIT: im just saying there are assholes on the server and u have to deal with it.. you cant change them and u cant make them leave.. i am actaully agreeing with you guys, but you are ignorant :(

EDIT #2: I may have been unclear but i am not associating myself with scammers.. I think its a cheap way to earn money, however the subject at hand is not exactly a "scam" its more like please be stupid and let me have your house for free =/

Rogueci5 said:
So you would not mind at all if tomorrow somebdoy hacked into your account and deleted every thing in it?

Now I know I would not really care, but I would be annoyed at the time lost. And its not real life no, but acting like an A**hole in game reflects on your RL morals.

And I think the loss of players from the server is bad, because it Reflects on the server, I have lost count of the boards that say "UO Gamers?? no they are a bunch of A** HOLES!! man stear clear!!
That there is crossing a fine line, scamming... is scamming, its easy to prevent if you think ahead.. getting hacked, well if you're stupid ( again think ahead) you'll give out your pw.. but if someone is desprate enough I'm sure they could "hack" using some pw cracking app. If they use an app of somesort, there is absolutly nothing you can do, except hope the fool didn't use an ip spoof. So, you can get his account banned.

"but if someone is desprate enough I'm sure they could "hack" using some pw cracking app."

No need to crack anything. Simply install a key logging program on the persons computer, watch what he type remotely. And bang. You got his user name and password. I even know of a program that disguises it self as a funny picture of Bush slapping Kerry.

Could I most likely get his account user name and password? Yes. Will I? No. I’m a bigger man than that asshole thief. But I sure would of, if he scammed me.

foolish

Wanderer
yeah, but what hes doing is just game shit.. that could be breaking the law.. and how dumb would you feel abotu going to jail for comp hacking... =\