UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

do away with thieve macros

It's not going to happen, we don't even have active staff running the server...

Hell if I seen that my server has doubled in pvp population in the last month I would take this 1 chance to get things running again.

sssuuu

Knight
It's not going to happen, we don't even have active staff running the server...

Hell if I seen that my server has doubled in pvp population in the last month I would take this 1 chance to get things running again.

Yah, but the difference between an active staff or a staff that doesn't know how to code is different. I mean the GMs are only allowed to do so much and can without really fucking up the game.

Maybe we need to do a kickstarter for hiring someone to code our own sallos client so people can have the desirable features of it, but not allow for all these automated healing BS. Then we can ban sallos and allow the other client to exist.

*Rides away on an emu*

susejmaster

Traveler
Active staff can jail players who abuse game mechanics I can tell you that much. Just because there isn't a coder doesn't mean there shouldn't be people policing the server.

They dont like wands either so they left and thus let thieves do whatever they want... wands are the true evil.

sssuuu

Knight
Active staff can jail players who abuse game mechanics I can tell you that much. Just because there isn't a coder doesn't mean there shouldn't be people policing the server.

Yah, but the problem should be fixed with coding to avoid having bad policing. Staff can't be everywhere at once or on at every moment.

The coding would end many of the macro abuses. Active staff does not last forever.

*Rides away on an emu*

Yah, but the problem should be fixed with coding to avoid having bad policing. Staff can't be everywhere at once or on at every moment.

The coding would end many of the macro abuses. Active staff does not last forever.

*Rides away on an emu*
Tell me what you suggest they code to prevent this... Make it so thieves can't steal regs? lol

sssuuu

Knight
Tell me what you suggest they code to prevent this... Make it so thieves can't steal regs? lol

I am not a coder. I would think of something that would make it harder. As you mention before with the Sallos the backpack stays open the entire time no matter how far away the person is, or either make it so you can't just auto-steal when you come close to a person with garlic in their backpack.

Honestly it would have to be making thieving more manual.

Fixing the problem permanently is better than depending on humans.

*Rides away on an emu*

There is no one to code for sallos, unless there is a code you can put into place server wise that won't allow backpacks to stay open? "Shrug"

There is really no fix to it that I can think of without making thieves unusable.

I'm not saying anything is wrong with the way thieves are set up now but if you wanted a solution that would be an easy one.

Personally I don't think anything is wrong with the thief template. Only automation.

sssuuu

Knight
There is no one to code for sallos, unless there is a code you can put into place server wise that won't allow backpacks to stay open? "Shrug"

There is really no fix to it that I can think of without making thieves unusable.

Yah its kind of sad. The main thing we would have to make a list of things we want changed and what we could do to change it as suggestions like time delays, then start a kickstarter or something to pay for someone who knows how to code.

We could always ask Ryan, start a special hybrid donation item for this to raise funds for that. The main thing is that no one is going to do this for free.

But in the mean time as suggests that we can do for free is either ban Sallos (which is not really an option) or add sever delays maybe? I do not know all the good functions we can change :/

*Rides away on an emu*

*Rides away on an emu*
Staff are no where but hosting tournaments while duels are popping off. Then once the tourney starts they go afk. Points at sol

sssuuu

Knight
Staff are no where but hosting tournaments while duels are popping off. Then once the tourney starts they go afk. Points at sol

Yah, but I am not sure if they're allowed to do much more than host tournaments.

Say what you want about Lynn and Mark, they may of been a little strict at times, but both of them were around quite a bit as admins to do certain details. Right now I am not sure if there is an admin to lead the GMs or allow them do more than just host tournaments and enforce simple rules.

*Rides away on an emu*

Vlek

Sorceror
Do away with thieves using macros to steal regs/wands etc without having to open backpack automatically, before it's too late.

Complains about "thieve" macros, doesn't understand what he's saying is technically impossible and that it's "thief". I'm probably the dude you're complaining about, and my macro always opens up my victim's backpack. There's only a small fraction of times you can get away without snooping first, and they're summed up by having already seen the item to know its serial. An example being a disarm and steal attempt. You could technically keep the list of serials from your first snoop for a given person, but then you'd be gambling on whether or not that item is still there since you didn't check.

Actually you don't know what the hell you're talking about for one, and you're not even remotely close to the people I am talking about that know who they are "mistro, nc17"... They are on sallos for one, keeps backpack open all the time, except they just hold down a button and when they get close enough it auto steals garlic. Don't reply to something you don't know shit about, or you wont be able to come away from brit bank anymore.

Vlek

Sorceror
We could always ask Ryan, start a special hybrid donation item for this to raise funds for that. The main thing is that no one is going to do this for free

What you're talking about are trivial code edits. I'd do it for free.