UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

do away with thieve macros

Yah, but I am not sure if they're allowed to do much more than host tournaments.

Say what you want about Lynn and Mark, they may of been a little strict at times, but both of them were around quite a bit as admins to do certain details. Right now I am not sure if there is an admin to lead the GMs or allow them do more than just host tournaments and enforce simple rules.

*Rides away on an emu*
Mark and Lynn kept this server running, a lot of people don't like Lynn because she enforced the servers rules and was very strict, but look what we have now? No rules being enforced, Hybrid lost something really good when they both left.

The only people that didn't like Lynn are the ones that encountered her because they couldn't abide by the servers rules.

Vlek

Sorceror
They are on sallos for one, keeps backpack open all the time, except they just hold down a button and when they get close enough it auto steals garlic.

I could do a better job with UOSteam, and I wouldn't have to hold down any buttons. Nice try throwing out the scary "Sallos" word though.

or you wont be able to come away from brit bank anymore.

You just went full retard. I'm an Orc. You'll never see me at brit bank other than to recruit or mess with AFK'ers.

sssuuu

Knight
What you're talking about are trivial code edits. I'd do it for free.

Yah if you can do that, then we could always force them to host your new edited version and then ban all the others. I am pretty sure they would reward you handsomely for the work.

The only thing if you did do something like that is trying to find all the little tricks and sealing them up, while at the same time not just creating another Razor that is laggy or ugly like some people describe it.

*Rides away on an emu*

Vlek

Sorceror
Yah if you can do that, then we could always force them to host your new edited version and then ban all the others. I am pretty sure they would reward you handsomely for the work.

Programmers have two options: program for an obscure videogame with a small player base or program for a huge player base and get rewarded handsomely. I'm sure there's no way I would get rich fixing someone else's server.

It's a much better idea to make changes at the server level for what you're talking about than dealing with specific clients. There's a methodology that goes with MMO creation that basically states that you shouldn't trust clients and only give them what they need considering the risk of abuse is too high otherwise. Remember, the protocol for UO is widely available online, and even razor's interpretation of the client is open source.

>Plays an obscure game from the 90's
>Thinks it's odd others might play games on a platform newer than his game.

I hope to God you're trolling.
You still didn't answer my previous question

Also I was referring to xbox one vs ps4, nice try though. Get off the PC and quit coding for once it's messing with your real life.

Thieves rock. Period. No need to nerf them . If anything unbless things so being a thief can be even funner. Griefing people as a thief has always been part of the game. Don't like it? Don't play. Easy fix .
First off you must be retarded to recommend people not to play a server that needs an increase in population... 2nd it's not the thieve template itself, it's people script stealing heal regs from pvpers while on the run with 1 button never failing.

El Ugly 707

Traveler
First off you must be retarded to recommend people not to play a server that needs an increase in population... 2nd it's not the thieve template itself, it's people script stealing heal regs from pvpers while on the run with 1 button never failing.
quit your bitching . Honestly no one gives a shit .

Vlek

Sorceror

If anything, we should remove the thief guild requirement for stealing so that it can be a more viable skill in other templates. I don't understand why my murderous Orc can't steal from people simply because he isn't in a human thief society. How many times have you heard of a robbery gone awry that has ended in murder? Do you think that robber will never steal again because he had to use lethal force to get his way? Of course not.

If anything, we should remove the thief guild requirement for stealing so that it can be a more viable skill in other templates. I don't understand why my murderous Orc can't steal from people simply because he isn't in a human thief society. How many times have you heard of a robbery gone awry that has ended in murder? Do you think that robber will never steal again because he had to use lethal force to get his way? Of course not.

Preach it!

Darkarna

Sorceror

And this unfortunately, is what will kill thieves on many servers. Implement programs which allow script stealing *sallos included* and you have a shit storm ready to erupt. Seen it time and time again ;).

Vlek

Sorceror
And this unfortunately, is what will kill thieves on many servers. Implement programs which allow script stealing *sallos included* and you have a shit storm ready to erupt. Seen it time and time again ;).

I don't think you're capable of reading or having a logically consistent thought. If everyone were able to script stealing, then there'd be a metric shit ton of thieves considering it might actually be worthwhile. Currently, regardless of what Heavy Smoker dreams up after days of sleep deprivation while high on crystal meth, it's im-fucking-possible do to what he's saying. Yes, Sallos allows one to keep another person's backpack open regardless of whether they're even onscreen. However, that does not mean that the contents update. So you'd be gambling that the person you're attempting to steal from would even have those items anymore the next time you see them. There're probably only two people in the entire UOGamers community that have their heads outside of their rectum enough to see the results of a google search on the subject. Don't feel bad, UOForever's group aren't much better.