UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Changes - August 7th 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaby

Wanderer
Re: Changes - August 7th 2010

Mara;2107234 said:
People will still fall for this scam regardless, but this way they are more likely to accept it is their foolishness and continue playing when a GM has to settle them down a bit.
This.

Knowing that the shard took steps to help them avoid this will help keep them here, rather than have them feel the shard doesn't care at all. Won't stop all the drama, but will quell a good percentage of it.

warreng

Wanderer

Countessa;2106829 said:
This is not even close to realistic.

If a vet player can't see how this is a good thing for the server, you need to open your eyes.

Honestly... seems all the {good things} done for the server in the last almost year... has downsized Hybrid, since before the house decay times, the item ID on the house sign, and beyond that, until now, i see waaaaaaay less people playing now, I have been gone 7 months and before i left i saw alot of playerbase change, and now its nothing new... just a bigger playerbase change from then. Sooo... i guess whatever ya'll say... lol, and for the people that talk about "new players" well look how old UO is, i doubt theres going to be alot of "NEW" players.... UO is dead and gone... c'mon... hybrids following in the footsteps.... sadly said....

warreng

Wanderer

And alot of the changes since in the past to present is making the "vets" of hybrid, a majority of the shard bored, and they just quit playing, or login to pvp here and there, or poker it up, or to just refresh their houses....... PVP is even pretty much dead, if you aint at a bank, on a boat, or AFK in a duel pitt.... you're doing nothing..... Mostly because alot of people stop playing, or rarely play anymore... and its sad that PVP is dead on a PVP felucca ruleset shard.... and everyone sits in safe zones, banks, and the boats...

Mordoc

Sorceror

ya know ever since this game came out people have been saying it wasnt gonna last.......is dead and dying......yada, yada,yada.

for a dead game it sure has survived all the naysayers for 13+ years and is still going, just because you dont see new players or think the shard is dead doesnt mean it is.

everytime a new mmo comes out people claim it is the greatest thing since sliced bread and will be the end of uo but yet 6 months later AFTER they have gone as far as they can in the new mmo they come back to the game that is dead and dying and isnt gonna last.

when they finally shut the last server down for uo then you can say it is dead, until then people that love the game will keep it alive and kicking and will be enjoying it.

warreng

Wanderer

Mordoc;2107442 said:
ya know ever since this game came out people have been saying it wasnt gonna last.......is dead and dying......yada, yada,yada.

for a dead game it sure has survived all the naysayers for 13+ years and is still going, just because you dont see new players or think the shard is dead doesnt mean it is.

everytime a new mmo comes out people claim it is the greatest thing since sliced bread and will be the end of uo but yet 6 months later AFTER they have gone as far as they can in the new mmo they come back to the game that is dead and dying and isnt gonna last.

when they finally shut the last server down for uo then you can say it is dead, until then people that love the game will keep it alive and kicking and will be enjoying it.

You might see a few new players here and there, nobody said anything about any NEW mmo's... I love UO... but.... what you don't see... is alot of the older players, or people you used to see daily within the last year or so, besides the people that sit on a boat or a bank all day typing, all night typing, AFK and then repeat...

I remember when Hybrid had 3000+ population daily, just a few years ago, now we got an average of 700, thats with atleast 100+ with more then 1 client up at a time, that's what im talking about in the downsize playerbase bud.

PVP is dead, PVM well, who the fuck PVM's? its basically banksit, sell, poker boat, and afk in duelpitts anymore... not what Hybrid used to be about, maybe the last couples years of you're gameplay has consisted on this play type... lol, my point is UO slowly dies.... you can't argue with logical numbers on the visible player base.... It's true Hybrid is the BIGGEST freeshard, but its down sized so much, it was this population 4X what it is now, I wish the numbers were still here, because seeing a huge (used to be fun PVP) server goto shit for people banksitting at felucca banks, safe zones like duelpitts, and poker boats.... like it has and continues to.. and continues to lose numbers.... enough said, point proven for anyone that's played as long as me, say what you will / wish , what you say / think doesn't matter because i am by far 110% correct, just ask any old vet over the age of 2-3 years thats played here......

silverx2

Wanderer

If scamming people is your idea of "fun" then maybe you have bigger issues then you would like to believe.

"oh man, im sooooo gonna trick this new person and take all there money and just lol when they complain!"

yeah awesome

"man i cant screw new people over and make them not want to play anymore? the game is dying!"

as a new person to uogamers that change is for the better

Shadow772

Sorceror

warreng;2107842 said:
...Hybrid had 3000+ population daily, just a few years ago...

I have never once seen Hybrid with a daily population of 3000+. I have, however, seen Hybrid with a client count that has been 3000+ during server stress tests. The most I have ever seen is around 900 on average. Whether that is from all active clients, or people multi-clienting, I couldn't tell you.

Aside from that, Hybrid hasn't really changed much for me. I still find people in the middle of nowhere doing whatever I feel like doing at the time. Yes, that includes solo reds, gank squads, and blues out PvM'ing. It's the fuckin' same, you bitches. Just because you don't see the same people, doesn't mean there aren't other people taking their places.

On topic, thanks for the updates!

Countessa

Knight

warreng;2107842 said:
I remember when Hybrid had 3000+ population daily, just a few years ago, now we got an average of 700, thats with atleast 100+ with more then 1 client up at a time, that's what im talking about in the downsize playerbase bud.

PVP is dead, PVM well, who the fuck PVM's? its basically banksit, sell, poker boat, and afk in duelpitts anymore... not what Hybrid used to be about, maybe the last couples years of you're gameplay has consisted on this play type... lol, my point is UO slowly dies.... you can't argue with logical numbers on the visible player base.... It's true Hybrid is the BIGGEST freeshard, but its down sized so much, it was this population 4X what it is now, I wish the numbers were still here, because seeing a huge (used to be fun PVP) server goto shit for people banksitting at felucca banks, safe zones like duelpitts, and poker boats.... like it has and continues to.. and continues to lose numbers.... enough said, point proven for anyone that's played as long as me, say what you will / wish , what you say / think doesn't matter because i am by far 110% correct, just ask any old vet over the age of 2-3 years thats played here......

Okay I'm over 3 years here. There was never a consistent playerbase of 3000+ online. There was Once with a stress test when Ryan opened up accounts and login for the stress test. Hybrid has always had about 400 - 1100 players online depending on the time of year, the time of day and if there is an actual holiday.
I shouldn't even bother replying to such bunk but I hate to see a text wall of lies.

Trevor

Knight

warreng;2107842 said:
You might see a few new players here and there, nobody said anything about any NEW mmo's... I love UO... but.... what you don't see... is alot of the older players, or people you used to see daily within the last year or so, besides the people that sit on a boat or a bank all day typing, all night typing, AFK and then repeat...

You're joking right?

I have been playing on this server for close to 5 years now and i have never once see it around 3000 players. Until recently i don't even think it would support 3000 players with out extreme lag. You must be blind not to find pvp. I get on everyday with my factioner and 1v1 all day long. Also i am pissed by the community deed thing but think about this, How many new players come to this server and get scammed out of there money that they work for and say f this shit and dont play again. It is for the better.

But really if they think pvp is dead you need to hang your self. Sometimes to pvp you might need some numbers with you but if you want to 1v1 it not hard to find one.

Newk

Sorceror

The commodity deed scam exploits game mechanics plain and simple. Quit crying about it already and go find some other way to make money you lazy people.

Mordoc

Sorceror

warreng;2107842 said:

lol i love to hear people like you whine about how the game is dying. you say it dies slowly well damn 13+ years is fucking the slowest death ive ever seen and its still kicking. if you cant find pvp thats your own fault, instead of sitting around whining about it and waiting for it to come to you go out and make it happen. i am in a guild that is hated by most here and we always manage to find pvp and we have even created pvp hotspots ourselves. one example of this is the efreet spawn in the desert. amish ned farmed that spot over and over and would kill anyone that came in, eventually more and more would would come by looking for pvp action and now you can go there almost anytime and find someone either farming the efreets or trying to kill the person farming, there is also 2 mare spawns close by so you always have tamers recalling in checking on mares. dont sit around on your ass whining that pvp isnt what it used to be, go out and find it. nothing is as it used to be...thats what life is.....CHANGE. you have to learn to adapt to it or get left behind.

Madmaniac

Sorceror

I have Been scamming with commodities for at least 4 years. The IPK guildhouse in yew has milked soo many new players its not funny. In fact, even people that knew better must have accidently bought out my vendor many times. I Know this, because I made a minimum of 2 million gp a week for 4 years. IT has funded my richness, it has funded my guild. It has put me on a platform of anti-frugality for a long time.

Alas that day has come to a close. I must agree with Tessa that its probably not best for the shard. Honestly, since I love UOGAMERS so much what I would ultimatly prefer is for new players to not quit. It's like tupac said, sellin crack to the kids "hey,i gotta get paid" and thats the way it is.

I feel kind of like i've been Uogamers biggest crack dealer for 4 years and its time I moved on. Just glad to see the shard is getting a little revitalization, so thanks Mark + Staff. Thank you for allowing me so much freedom and allowing me to become so wealthy so easily as well. Part of the reason i like it here so much.

On Another note, I Solo Alot. It's what i do. Unfortunatly i've had this shitty computer for a while now and the only place I can compete is in t2a (no houses to load). I liked how the cliffs there worked and tried to use them respectfully with respect to large numbers/ganks. I used them in osi as well. They have always been a part of the game that imo were there to be used by the people who knew about them against the people who didnt know about them. I Am Dissapointed to see them go.

RAKninja;2107006 said:
that is called "debate." it is basically when people who disagree on a subject talk about it. unless i'm missing something, the places i post such debates are exist for this purpose.

you also seem to be desperately trying to coin a term so you can somehow use the word "rage." it's almost as desperate as the claim that i must be a scammer since i disagree with this particular change.

it's a disappointment, nothing more. i read the pages of gratitude, and felt the need to express my dissatisfaction, and the reason for it. i do like the other changes, and appreciate the work keeping things running, and trying to improve.

what's next? gonna ask for the deeds to be blessed or newbied? then i could say "thanks, now i dont have to worry about getting jacked out by the vendor"

i mean, seriously, people cant remember that the amount of the resource comes AFTER "deed" and not before? it's too hard to remember the difference in "a commodity deed" and "a filled commodity deed for x"?

the knowledgebase article i linked was the first result of a google search. i can understand not being able to find it in the knowledgebase, or the forums, but GOOGLE easily tells you how to avoid false commodity deeds.

If u want to sound cool with your eloquent words sir, write an effin book, otherwise stfu. damn all u do is "debate" as u call. Yessir, u are infact, the "MasterDeBator". congratulations.

warreng;2107842 said:
just ask any old vet over the age of 2-3 years thats played here......
You sir are a retard.
been here for over 4 years btw. you asked a vet, and u just got my response.

Status
Not open for further replies.