UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Changes - August 7th 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

talkshowhost

Sorceror
Re: Changes - August 7th 2010

Mark;2106586 said:
  • The repair system has been updated (including powder of temperament/fortification, etc).
Mark,

May I ask what changes have been made to the repair system? My main is a Smith, and I've been using powder of fortifying on all my high end weapons, but never understood exactly how it works. Could you let us know specifically what the powder does to a weapon when applied?

What I've understood until now: Applying powder of Fortifying only strengthens a weapon's durability. Repaired weapons become permanently weaker, giving less damage after each repair. Unforunately, using Arms Lore does not show how many repairs a weapon has had in the past. This increases the risk of buying high end weapons on player vendors. (Noone wants to buy an Agapite Spear, or a Silver/Vanquishing katana that ends up doing as much damage as a newbie weapon and then falls apart after one use.)

I hope someone shed some light on this 'repair system' update, because there is no real way to ever know how it really works unless a developer tell us.

GimpCent

Knight

Great update, I am just wondering if the leather thing was meant to happen?

RAKninja

Page

INDK;2106850 said:
You are raging because they added (unfilled) to a commodity deed.

If anything they fixed an error in the commodity deed system that should of been fixed years ago..

The fact that the scam was noted in the Knowledge Base was based on good intentions for new players to the server.. NOT A FIX.

It sounds like you made an income off scamming people, or you have a vendor house that you let friends use to scam.

Thank you again staff!

Now i dont have to think twice about getting regs or other resources.

i'm not raging. i really wish people would stop applying that emotion to my statements when i simply disagree.

no, i never scammed. the only person with a vendor besides me in my house is my roommate, and no, he doesent scam either. we both know that having a good "rep" pays out more than trickery in the long run.

my money is earned with a tamer, or honest thievery.

this stated a third time, i can return to the point. com deeds already were distinct when filled. while i appreciate the work (especially with the blood and such) i feel that the com deed thing dumbs the game down. i have a great distaste for players too lazy to read the manual (as it were) having the rules changed. it's ruined every mmo (including UO) that i've cared to play.

Iddio

Page

RAKninja;2106987 said:
i'm not raging. i really wish people would stop applying that emotion to my statements when i simply disagree.

That is the problem every thread you post in you disagree, Someone says "an orange is orange" and you say "No, they are sometimes yellow". So i dont think he means rage like you bash your face off your keyboard but more along the lines of annoying attention rage. ;P

Code Blue

Knight

RAKninja;2106987 said:

no, i never scammed. the only person with a vendor besides me in my house is my roommate, and no, he doesent scam either. we both know that having a good "rep" pays out more than trickery in the long run.

my money is earned with a tamer, or honest thievery.

this stated a third time, i can return to the point. com deeds already were distinct when filled. while i appreciate the work (especially with the blood and such) i feel that the com deed thing dumbs the game down. i have a great distaste for players too lazy to read the manual (as it were) having the rules changed. it's ruined every mmo (including UO) that i've cared to play.

Then whats the big deal.

Its a fucking its a deed to reduce the weight so you can buy in bulk. They added one bit of text to it so its not as confusing.

You should be saying,

"Thanks Mark, Now I can buy from a vendor without having to check twice to see its legitimate!"

*edit*

And yes most new players should read the knowledge base to see what hybrid is all about. But they shouldnt have to read it to see what scams are currently are happening.

RAKninja

Page

Iddio;2106991 said:
That is the problem every thread you post in you disagree, Someone says "an orange is orange" and you say "No, they are sometimes yellow". So i dont think he means rage like you bash your face off your keyboard but more along the lines of annoying attention rage. ;P

that is called "debate." it is basically when people who disagree on a subject talk about it. unless i'm missing something, the places i post such debates are exist for this purpose.

you also seem to be desperately trying to coin a term so you can somehow use the word "rage." it's almost as desperate as the claim that i must be a scammer since i disagree with this particular change.

it's a disappointment, nothing more. i read the pages of gratitude, and felt the need to express my dissatisfaction, and the reason for it. i do like the other changes, and appreciate the work keeping things running, and trying to improve.

INDK;2107002 said:
Then whats the big deal.

Its a fucking its a deed to reduce the weight so you can buy in bulk. They added one bit of text to it so its not as confusing.

You should be saying,

"Thanks Mark, Now I can buy from a vendor without having to check twice to see its legitimate!"

*edit*

And yes most new players should read the knowledge base to see what hybrid is all about. But they shouldnt have to read it to see what scams are currently are happening.
what's next? gonna ask for the deeds to be blessed or newbied? then i could say "thanks, now i dont have to worry about getting jacked out by the vendor"

i mean, seriously, people cant remember that the amount of the resource comes AFTER "deed" and not before? it's too hard to remember the difference in "a commodity deed" and "a filled commodity deed for x"?

the knowledgebase article i linked was the first result of a google search. i can understand not being able to find it in the knowledgebase, or the forums, but GOOGLE easily tells you how to avoid false commodity deeds.

Code Blue

Knight

RAKninja;2107006 said:
that is called "debate." it is basically when people who disagree on a subject talk about it. unless i'm missing something, the places i post such debates are exist for this purpose.

you also seem to be desperately trying to coin a term so you can somehow use the word "rage." it's almost as desperate as the claim that i must be a scammer since i disagree with this particular change.

it's a disappointment, nothing more. i read the pages of gratitude, and felt the need to express my dissatisfaction, and the reason for it. i do like the other changes, and appreciate the work keeping things running, and trying to improve.

You disagree about the change and people should be able to put "A filled commodity deed" when it is in fact not?

Thats not a debate friend.

Its a rather dumb opinion.

Code Blue

Knight

RAKninja;2107006 said:

what's next? gonna ask for the deeds to be blessed or newbied? then i could say "thanks, now i dont have to worry about getting jacked out by the vendor"

i mean, seriously, people cant remember that the amount of the resource comes AFTER "deed" and not before? it's too hard to remember the difference in "a commodity deed" and "a filled commodity deed for x"?

the knowledgebase article i linked was the first result of a google search. i can understand not being able to find it in the knowledgebase, or the forums, but GOOGLE easily tells you how to avoid false commodity deeds.

This is a good diagram of whats happening in your brain while reading the other posts.

RAKninja

Page

hey, at least i can hold a conversation with someone i disagree with without dipping to insults.

Code Blue

Knight

RAKninja;2107029 said:
hey, at least i can hold a conversation with someone i disagree with without dipping to insults.

Well, You are simply stating that it changed the games mechanics when in fact it didnt.

People can still do the scam just like always there is just one more line of text.

RAKninja

Page

you seem to have a big problem injecting emotion and inferring meaning into my posts.

i've said nothing of mechanics.

Mara

Knight

If I were a new player trying to make sense of this game, this is one of the links I might check to see what commodity deeds were all about.

Mythic Entertainment | Ultima Online - Play the 14-Day Free Trial!

This would tell me that an unfilled commodity deed should be labeled "an unfilled commodity deed". The commodity deeds for us that were unfilled used to just say commodity deed, which leaves you guessing a bit, especially so if you do your diligence to read the manual as you say.

It would also give me the impression that commodity deeds are blessed, when indeed they are not here. All this scam ever did was steal away the money it took a new player a ton of time to get, money that it probably takes 30 minutes of effort farming gold for a vet to get. Some but not all people do quit over this type of thing just out of frustration, when they were on the brink of becoming a permanent player to the shard. What is more important in this instance: more players or the ability to scam because of a confusing vendor purchase issue?

RAKninja

Page

mara: the question is: why are you looking up "current" information for a primarily publish 16 server? i personally only do such when i can find no information about my question anywhere on UOgamers, and such information i find is rarely right.

MiQ: do you care to discuss your exasperation rationally? can you think of a benefit to keeping the kind of players around that cannot tell the difference between "a filled commodity deed" and "a commodity deed?" how about the kinds of players that quit when they "lose everything?"

just to show you i'm not only negative, how about this - remember the "guide" system on old UO? allow vets to sign up to be "guides" to help newbies out when they join. when you make a new account, just give the player the option to not have a guide assigned. this way there is more player interaction. perhaps newbies wouldent waste a month building a character "wrong" and grinding money on ettens.

what amazes me the most is that some of you are acting as if i personally insulted you because i dont like a change. i happen to like the fact that you can get scammed in many different ways. much like i like the fact that you can be killed, and just about everything you were carrying can be taken from you. i like that i can "lose it all" if i am not careful. i enjoy that freedom.

if anyone actually wishes to talk about this further, shoot me a pm. i'm through defending my opinion in this thread.

Kaby

Wanderer

So much craziness over commodity deeds...and seriously, I don't exactly care if you agree with him or not, but Rak's argument is a lot more mature than some of yours' :| Just because someone has an opinion that differs from yours does not mean it's "wrong" or "stupid."

Seriously though...anybody too lazy to read a deed in the first place is still gonna fall for this shit, and those are the kinds of people I'd rather not have here. Plus, if the admins feel it was necessary to do this, it was obviously a big problem. No, I don't like it much because I like Hybrid's dog-eat-dog nature, but if the problem was so widespread that it deserved a change, let's just let the staff do what they feel is necessary to keep this place running.

I know you dislike "holding" a newbie's hand, but there are ways for them to develop thick skin here other than scams.

Mara

Knight

The reality is that there is a vast amount of information that is available from at least three or four different quality sources that applies to this server, or any other freeshard. A lot of the things listed on the official source for UO are still correct. The knowledgebase is not a complete reference, and neither is the forums. You cannot expect a new player to read and decipher ahead of time all this information and slowly through a trial and error process find out what applies and what doesn't just to avoid being scammed.

The google search you recommended is something someone might do 'after' they have fallen for this scam, not before. That's why it's not a realistic expectation for a new player to do before buying a commodity deed. People will still fall for this scam regardless, but this way they are more likely to accept it is their foolishness and continue playing when a GM has to settle them down a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.