UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Changes - August 7th 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bread Eight

Sorceror
Re: Changes - August 7th 2010

Been playing 7 years. Dont mind the forum join date. I admit the pvp is not what is used to be but the population has never been 3000 a day or even close to that.

Anyways, back to the updates. ty mark for allowing us to Item ID stuff, while in the beetle pack, helps tremendously.

Well, I've noticed alot of people asking about powder of fort, asking what it does without getting a response. Now I cannot say this is how it works here as I haven't seen the code like the rest of you. however, I have read through the BaseWeapon.cs script along with many other weapon related scripts in the RunUO distribution files and can atleast give you an idea of how the "default" RunUO core works, and hopefully it somewhat resembles how things work here.

Weapons like players have HP. The two values are MaxHP and HP. The value resembles this:

25/25

The red value is the current hit points the weapon has, the green is the total hit points the weapon CAN have when repaired. As you attack monsters you have a chance to damage the weapon and "lose" 1hp. Which would result in.

24/25

The more you fight the lower its HP goes. Once you hit:

5/25

You begin to get the message "your weapon is severely damaged", or what ever the exact quote is. Then, if the weapon hits:

0/25

The next time the weapon is damaged it will take away from the weapons total hit points, like

0/24

Once the weapon reaches:

0/0

it breaks the next time it recieves damage. So now that you know how a weapon wears lets look at powder of fortification.

Every time a weapon is repaired it loses a single Total HP point, so if the weapon looks like this:

3/25

And you repair the weapon it will result in the following result:

24/24

So regardless if you keep repairing your weapons eventually it will reach 0/0 and break. However what powder of temporance does is adds +10 hp to the weapons total hp. So if you have a weapon that looks like this:

25/25

And use powder on it, it will result in the following:

35/35

This is how the repairing and powder system works by default. Also on a side note you should know that there is a maximum total HP limit for weapons of 255, so loading it with 500 bottles will have no effect.

Again, this is not related to the changes in this patch, but rather an explination of basic UO mechanics. The way repairing works on this server could be completely different, but hopefully this is somewhat on point.

I hope this helps. :)

sparty27

Wanderer

so what your saying is that using powder also repairs the weapon at the same time?

this would make since as i usualy repair my runics then use powder and everytime i try and repair right after that as a double check it says in full repair.

so if as some others have said powder works on wooden weapons now we sortoff have a workaround repair for bows and qstaffs

peteliv

Knight

no using pwder does not repair your weap as well. but if its in full repair when you use it, it gains the 10 extra durability which is added to your total at the moment. as stated, start at 25/25 > you dont use pwder and get 25/35 you get the 10 extra points that was applied. it just doesn't repair your shit on use

Madmaniac

Sorceror

very complete description, sir of the fort powder. Wonder if we will get a conformation on the truth of the matter. I wasent aware of the code myself...

Trader Joe's

Wanderer

*cry* Mark you're finally back here! Thank you so much for coming back to us! You're the best!! Now I can feel the hope again!

chelon

Sorceror

there seem to be somethign worng with blade spirit target after the change. wont attack blue or flag turn grey pet or players? anyone else?

elradi

Traveler

Antor;2106794 said:
Comm deed scams did nothing but take advantage of new players. No one who has been playing for any length of time fell for it anyway.

Countessa;2106861 said:
I admit I fell for the comm deed once long long ago. It was my own fault. I was well aware of the scam and how it worked but my attention was elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.