UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Advice for new player

april0395

Sorceror
When I did vet, I had two horses fight each other and I bandied them until I was up to 80, I think (I might be confusing this with my char on Hybrid, but I think I did it here, as well.) Then I found a pet that someone had left dead in town and macro'd vet on it. When someone came back for it, I had to go find another pet, because I didn't have my own pet bonded yet. :[

That should work, methinks. As for taming, I stopped at 100 and used jewels to control and bond pets. Once you hit a "year" (90 days), you can use a soul stone, so I've been slowing gaining my taming skill by soul stoning my taming skill over to a new character on the account and gaining it with skill cap under 300. Of course, if you gain all of your taming skill now, you won't have to do it later. It's painfully awful to do when you aren't new.. I'm tempted to go do other things instead.

I'd recommend getting it to 105 or 110 before stopping, but if not then you can use the soul stone method as well.

nearly finished taming now, at 107.2. then ill start vet, shud find plenty of dead pets to rez. then just got the easy skills to raise, necro etc. might do peacing b4 necro so i can tame me a pack of hounds easier

gotta figure out my template, need enough necro for corpse skin as have HH pack. Need enough magery for whatever tamer needs, is there enough room to squeeze peacing in there too

Cerxis

Traveler
might do peacing b4 necro so i can tame me a pack of hounds easier

get peace out of your head!
it doesnt work anymore like u knew

if u peace something and u try to tame it and it starts to anger, the peace is gone
it doesnt make any sense anymore for taming and pvm :'-(
and 100/100 peace/music is just enough to peace some rats and mongbats :/
u would need at least 115/110 to get a good chance to peace someting big

aha okies. iv never tamed something without peacing it lol, u knock its health down low then paralyze?
so me template will be:
110 taming
110 lore
110 vet
70 magery (or other way around 70 med, 100 magery?)
100 med
100 necro
100 spirit
any other suggestions?

april0395

Sorceror
I still find peacing useful for killing mobs, but for taming it's rubbish. I peace it, then sick my pet on it to weaken it, but you're better off not wasting the skill unless you are peacing something that hits your pet hard. Disco is useful for this as well. Of course, I hardly ever use my taming character so my method is rather simple.

Cerxis

Traveler
i would do gm magery (gate travel, resurection... and no fizzle at lvl 6 spells like invis)

i didnt tame often without peace too , because i tamed all my pets allready when they changed it
but ya, drop its health and then try to tame it or try to block it / lure to some special place

okies, think best to buy my Gdrag :) get a shit one to get me started and upgrade it later when money isnt a issue. to vet my horses i gotta be in a guild right as it wont work normally. UTB sound like a fun tamer guild, will try get into them

Cerxis

Traveler
buy the gd as fast as possible to get him bonded soon
u allready got enough taming to get it transfered
u just need more cash i guess :D

yep, how much a shit one cost? will get rotting corpse slaying asap, make money quicker if i found peeps to buy my bags of sending, can get them pretty quick

april0395

Sorceror
The horse thing - You may need to be guilded to do it in Tram, but you should be able to do it in Fel out of guard zone. Although being in a trusting taming guild would be beneficial for you.

Cerxis

Traveler
yep, how much a shit one cost?
i wouldnt pay more then 100k for my first one
try it here on Buying Forum
there are some people with a small house on the fire isle where they can tame a gd with less effort

maybe you are lucky and get one for much less

....100k!!.... christ. even for a crappy one which prob take them 2 mins to tame.. i try get in a guild and get help to tame my own maybe

KarmannMarco

Sorceror
You should be able to tame HHs without the aid of anything really......
I tame nightmares without bard skills or even beating them down. Just got to be quick with your taming macroes and never let your health drop below 1/2. Make a taming/last target macro and a Greter heal/arch cure macro next to it. This is very easy for hell hound.
Only worthwile pets this is hard to do with is GDs (which have their own fun tactic to tame) and Rune Beetle ( one of my fav / most challanging pets to tame )
Shit GD arent even worth the effort to tame. You wont find any shit one for sale anywere most likely. A mediocre one shouldn't cost you more then 100K. Thats my base price for on with 900+ HP .... i wont tame anything with less HP as they will sit in your stables for a year collecting dust.
A shit one and a top of the line one are about equally as hard to tame.... unless you try this yourself you don't know how challenging it is to tame greater dragons.. and I own the very first house right outside demon temple......expecially now that you cannot trap them in your house.

You want to make fast money?
Take either 5 Hell Hounds or 5 Hell Cats or 2 Nightmares (the mares might be better if your veterinary is low)
Kill Meer Eternals in Ilshanar
My hell cat pack drops one on 2-3 seconds.
They drop. ~1500 gold each..... 3-10 magical items
I can easily make 75-100K gold in about an hour or hunting.....
Ive also gotten quit a few 1/3 jewels and other good loot here.
Only downside is you will lose Karma as you kill them which means if you want to continue taming unicorns or kirins you will need to get some positive Karma..

As far as templates these are my 2 tamers I use..... I have a 3rd tamer but hes only used to store extra pets.

Main tamer
120 taming
120 lore
120 vet
110 magery
100 Necro
100 SS
50 med

I have Faster Casting 2 on my suit for fast mage-heals (i find it very usefull for 2x healing Hellcats) In wraith form and with the LMC on my suit i rarely have any mana issues. I tame most things with this toon as its also my hunting toon.
Suit= 1545 Luck / 100 LRC / 22 LMC / FC 2 / all resists 50+

Cu-Hiryu tamer (Elf)
110 Taming (100 natural)
120 Lore
120 Vet
115 magery
115 evaluate int.
100 med

(120 peace/120 music/110 provo/11o disco availalble for different situations though I rarely use them)
This tamer is mostly for colored Cu and Hyriu taming/storage.
Heavy on mage mods to farm them faster
Suit : / 100 LRC / 38 LMC / FC 2 / FCR 4 / resists 60+

Cerxis

Traveler
i try get in a guild and get help to tame my own maybe
i thought exactly the same ! ^^
"why should i pay that much, if i can tame them myself?"
paah!! it took me up to 1 hour to tame my first gd !!!(destard)
was there with a guildmate and we both were noobs on that shard (crappy suit and never tamed a GD before) ... that gd 1 hited me often ... think about what u will lose on insurance (if your suit is worth it allready^^)

better by one or take the experience by yourself ! ;)

very true, tis a catch 22 really, need money to buy a drag and need a good pet to make quick money :) looks like ill shall be killing rotten corpses alot :) at 110 tam 110 vet 100 lore, how many stable slots i have? 5-6ish? if i get more than 5 i shall get some hounds now, need to look up on best hp,str stats. can use unicorns to farm my hounds, plenty of them around

KarmannMarco

Sorceror
dont need any money to make money...
i have every single pet available to hunt with and I use my GDs maybe 5% of the time...... rotten corpses are way to slow to kill IMO and a waste of time........ 110/110/100 should give you 11 or 12 slot

Cerxis

Traveler
stable slots
u get 5 slots if u reached 240+ in taming total skills
and another bonus of +1 by 100,110 and 120
so 5 + 3 (all 3 GM) + 2 (tame+vet 110) = 10 slots
11 if u raise up lore to 110

dont hunt rotten with your animals ! ^^

oo plenty of slots , cool, was one thing i worried that a pack of hh wud take all stable room but looks like not :) i dnt use pets on rotten, i use BS. it is slow but not much i can do about it till iv gotten my vet up to 110, at 80 atm, need someone bonded pet for a hour :/ will buy my 110 lore first then start saving up for Gdrag and start farming HH for good ones. whats best Str and HP to aim for? im dreading taming stuff like Cu without peace :) they bite my head off.

Cerxis

Traveler
check out my last link for max HP and other stats

for vet, i have parked one of my HHs outside of luna walls ... have fun! ;)