UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Advice for new player

Iv just started on demise and looking for advice on what to play to get me started, already started a tamer/peace/mage as thats what i rolled with on osi. what others wud be good?

Barnicoat

Knight
necroweavermage is always good. something like:

Necro
Spirit Speak
Magery
Eval Int
Spellweaving
Meditation
Resisting Spells

Get arcane focus, cast fey, all kill, wither/fireball etc. and you're good to go.

You've already taken the first step, which is to use the forums. So many people avoid the forums like the plague, but it's a very useful tool.

From what I hear, weavers are awesome. I stick to my tamer though just cuz I'm a lazy player. :p

What shard did you play on OSI?

i was on europa from 98 till 07 on and off. all the xpansions on this shard are same as osi? tokomisland all has same stuff? and ilsh like swoop and trog cave?

nned to get grinding stuff to loot sum gear. luckoly i got sorted out with a lrc suit and a full spell book, iv macores magery over night. is there a misama here? that used to be a good grinding place

SuPaaaaa

Sorceror
yes. my tamer hunts mostly para balrons and bloods and my archer samp usually does bloods + demons.
i get decent drops but mostly my money comes from doom where i can maybe get 1 artifact a month

SuPaaaaa

Sorceror
err... hmm. i'm not too sure. maybe demons if they don't dispel, or cyclop warriors, drakes maybe. the titans and bloods usually dispel from what i've seen.

god taming is slow to train... this is gonna kill me. got bored after gaining 1.0! killed some lesser hiryus with vortex but spawn rate is 0! not trying ogre lords but too many clump together

Barnicoat

Knight
the hiryu spawns are a bit messed up. killing a hiryu won't necessarily spawn a hiryu. kill any of the monsters/animals in the area to spawn hiryu

i tried a normal hiryu, my vortex took about 15 of its health off lol, can onl ykill lessers, but having trouble with my stats at mo, can only summon 1 vortex as only got 40 int, iv read the stat guide but it works if u got max total skill points which i aint got and i dnt really wanna get just yet as i read the closer to total the slower skill gain( even slower to train taming ). so iv maxed magery, med for now. iv been asking this question for ages at luna but is it me or is every ignorant as not got one reply and its packed here. question is... im at 514 total skill, iv set all skill to down apart from my main skills, my unwanted skill of arms lore is at 14.2, if i macro loop this set to down will i get stat gains or does it need to be set up?

Barnicoat

Knight
I can kill hiryu with EV's, but you need to have 2 out at once for it to work.

everyone is either afk or a douchebag at luna, so you don't get a whole lot of answers :p

for taming, I would buy a skillball if you can afford it. imho, you are better off maxing your skills so you can get your stats up. I raised taming from 100 to 115 with maxed out skills and it wasn't that bad....

you need to have armslore pointing up for the stat gain method to work. The best way is to LOCK everything except armslore, then point armslore up. Then just use armslore via a loop macro.

my taming is only at 52 so will take even longer :( but if it has to done then it has to be done. so i max out skill lvl. what about arms lore, does it matter what lvl that is. so i will still get stat gains even though my arms wont be skilling up coz at max skill lvl. all my favorite old grinding spots aint here :( i tried hiryus, iv tried dread spiders but no there in toko, went to destard to see about drags but got one shooted by a greater lol. cnt really start paras till i get a decent mare/ww atleast. whats skill ball? i got 20k if thats enough? u can buy the skill?

Barnicoat

Knight
You want armslore to be as low as possible (preferably 0), then you lock everything else and set it to point up. you don't want it to gain, just to sit there pointing up. I suggest you point something like carpentry up, and armslore down first, then go buy some carpentry skill from an npc to get armslore back down to 0 before you start gaining stats.

There are lots of dread spider spots around, in ilsh and other places. There are other places to find dragons without greaters. Try wandering around Ilsh or googling it. Paragons shouldn't be an issue if you have the right template. Or you can just leave when one spawns for a bit until you get up to speed.

you can donate on the demise store, $25 rl cash to buy a skillball, which gives you 7xgm skills. Or you can buy it from other players for about 2.5kk (which is probably out of the question for now).

Cerxis

Traveler
DONT train taming after you got 300+ in total skills
if u are allready over 300 total skills i would suggest u to make a new char and train taming first
u gain sooo much faster then !
ive done 3 tamers yet and my first one still stucks at 90++ because ive done the mistake to train the other skills up first :(
the other 2 tamers ive skilled to 110 without any probs .. ofcourse it still takes a while, but i think on my first day of training it , i went up to 75 (started at 50) in about 3hours
get some taming jewels and tame bulls in delucia (good respawn) and drop your jewels if u reached the required taming ... so easy :D

and to earn money at start
try rotten corpses at covetous lvl 4
can be easily killed with bladespirits or ev´s
takes a while, but they drop a lot of gold and its easy if u dont get catched :D
made my first 250k++ there, until i finished my tamer and got a ww+mare to hunt

...... iv just did barnicoat said and maxed skills :(... hmm well i will restart it soon then. im gonna do a mage/necro/weaver to use whilst im training a new tamer . i kep away from rottens as they used to be a pain to kill but will retry. Was reading the post on sampire char soloing champs etc, sound fun. will do one of them too me thinks