UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Advice for new player

whilst im waiting a week think i might start a Scribe, need rune/spell/necro books for alts, think i shall go for
Magery
Eval
Med
then not sure, ill prob buy necro books, dnt want it for fighting, more for crafting, whats imbuing? worth it? maybe hiding stealth, for making runebooks safely? and doing spawn

Cerxis

Traveler
Magery
Eval
Med

for crafting? :eek:
hiding stealth to make runebooks safely? uhh ... u get visible if u cast any spells
do another tamer if you are bored! :D

meant a book crafter to supply other alts and make slayer book etc. not sure what to fill other 2 slots. Need a break from taming unicorns so ill skip another tamer :) im not gonna do a dexer yet as too gear orientated so got no chnace. what i really need is to start looting sum lrc armor, tis a pain sharing a lrc suit between multiple chars

can i gain honor virtue being a tamer? if so how? how long wud it take to get to 3mins of honor, and when u use it do u have to top it up again?

Barnicoat

Knight
Yes you can. I've heard it's a little slower than doing it with a dexxer or something, but yes.

All I do, is tell my pet "all follow", hit my honor hotkey (which must be set via the UO macro menu, NOT razor), then honor the target, then hit "all guard". Just wait for it to attack your pet, then kill the target. And you will find a message in the bottom right hand corner saying "you have gained in honor".

3mins of honor is "follower" I believe. And it will not take all that long. You can do something like blood elementals or demons up until the 4th follower dot. After that, for a tamer at least, it needs to be something harder. I use succubi. I find with succubi it is about 4-6 kills to get each dot.

If succubi are too hard, then just do the demons and blood elementals or something else until you get a couple of follower dots. I find 3 mins is enough to tame a GD most of the time. Knight is 5 mins, but its quite an effort to get there, and I find myself with about 3 minutes to spare after I've tamed one :rolleyes:

Every time you use it, you lose a dot. Evem if you get to knight of honor, as soon as you embrace your honor, you lose knight.

ok good info, do u still lower thier health if using honor? also if u dnt use it for a few days does it stay the same level or does it slowly loose dots over time? once my Gdrag is bonded was thinking fo farming a few skel drags in doom, they shud have enough honor surely to gain with? a Gdrag go ok against a skele drag?

Cerxis

Traveler
ya, hes ok against a skele drag...
but there is no skele drag spawn in doom, besides the Bell

do u really wanna ring the bell?^^ hope u got enough life and resists on your armor

hehe yea, i rang it with my mage with same armor and survived the first blow, i shud be ok, iv heard peeps can solo coon champ in demise, i had a look with mage, alot of spawn in small area! can the drag solo the coon champ too?

Barnicoat

Knight
ok good info, do u still lower thier health if using honor? also if u dnt use it for a few days does it stay the same level or does it slowly loose dots over time? once my Gdrag is bonded was thinking fo farming a few skel drags in doom, they shud have enough honor surely to gain with? a Gdrag go ok against a skele drag?

Not sure what you mean by 'lower their health'. I honor them, then let them attack my pet, then kill them. It does not decay over time. Yes, those would be hard enough to gain honor.