UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

A Comprehensive Guide to Skills and Skill Gain

Jam-hybrid

Knight
Re: A Comprehensive Guide to Skills and Skill Gain

sunfiregt said:
Alchemy
0 – 65 make Cure Potions
65 – 85 make Greater Cure Potions
85 – 95 make Greater Poison Potions (Much cheaper)
95 – 100 make Greater Poison
I would suggest using total refresh instead of cure, might cost a little more but at least you can use it afterwards instead of cure which most just throw away.

Hank-hybrid

Wanderer

sunfiregt said:
***Skills Expalined By Sunfire***

Magery
Okay go ahead and stock up on regents because theres nothing worse than needing more regents when you are on a magery gaining roll.
Buy the skill to begin with
If you have made or are planning to make a Scribe make Earthquake scrolls because you can gain off their fizzles.
If earthquake scrolls are not available then do easy spells that don't require to heal.
To get to 70 use mark or reveal
After 70 just earthquake all of your problems away

Is this right?

Neijek

Wanderer

Hank said:
Is this right?

Personaly, I started doing flamestrike at 65-70. Only two regs, fizzels let you gain and you get to train resist at the same time. I setup a macro which checked my hp and bandaged me (also trainig healing thus hehe) and casted only when above 70-80 hp. Thus i never died, and in two nights i was 100 magery and some 80 + resist hehe, plus you can do it in town next to a vendor so your covered from all ails =P

Ajax

Lord

Jam said:
I would suggest using total refresh instead of cure, might cost a little more but at least you can use it afterwards instead of cure which most just throw away.
Agreed

Krystofer

Sorceror

I've gained 32 dex snooping an abandoned packhorse at the bank. I found it raised much faster if i turned down my snooping and seesawed it with something fast and quick, like item id. May not be 100% accurate, but it worked for me.

Turn down snooping (if already gm, it goes FAST)
Turn up item id. ID your dagger or any piece of junk till about 30 (takes about 5 minutes)
Turn snooping back up, ID back down, snoop packy/people at bank.

Raise far faster than leaving snooping at 100.

30 minutes gain at 100 snoop = 6 dex

35 minutes gain (lowering/reraising snoop) = 16 dex

That's my rough math. You may find your results vary.

Snowman87

Wanderer

Oh btw where you state that lumberjacking can't be done un-attended. It can lol. Use a hatchet and just hit someone with it...... It raises lumberjacking. Anyone that goes around chopping at trees to raise it is pretty damn funny.

Also another thing people might wana take into consideration... Use Invisibilty from 50-72 takes bout 5mins wit med or bout 10mins wit out it. Then 72-100 use mana vampire on yourself. Raises your magery but your resist as well. Just my opinon..... EQ'in in town..... Nuh uh not a good idea... EQ'in at your house probally not a good idea some little dood strolls by and dies to it hes gonna give you a murder count prob or the EQ will hit your other chars that might be macroin as well...

nuffinmuch

Wanderer

i was using this for bowyer, you cannot make heavy cross until 80 yours says make em at 60..... just make reg crossbows to 80 or what?

Snowman87

Wanderer

KeltonGrespair said:
I've gained 32 dex snooping an abandoned packhorse at the bank. I found it raised much faster if i turned down my snooping and seesawed it with something fast and quick, like item id. May not be 100% accurate, but it worked for me.

Turn down snooping (if already gm, it goes FAST)
Turn up item id. ID your dagger or any piece of junk till about 30 (takes about 5 minutes)
Turn snooping back up, ID back down, snoop packy/people at bank.

Raise far faster than leaving snooping at 100.

30 minutes gain at 100 snoop = 6 dex

35 minutes gain (lowering/reraising snoop) = 16 dex

That's my rough math. You may find your results vary.

Hrmm after im done my 7 skills on a persons char.. I lock all skills and if they say want 95 dex for a dex monkey... Turn up the arrow up on snoopin and snoop a person usally i can go from 25 dex to 95 dex in a little under 30 mins....

Lynyrd

Knight

wow this thread is so great. i still use it ;D

hivajisa

Wanderer

great guide but u forgot to mention discord in the first thing about barding but whos uese discord any more

Jaltos

Sorceror

I've found a nice way to boost Healing when alone: Use poison :D

You can gain from when you are low on health, and later from when you are poisoned :D

bballerjess

Wanderer

combine this with the ultimate guide to being lazy, and throw in the mining macro for del and fix some general errors and you could make a thread worthy of stickiness. :D

Dominic

Wanderer

Many thanks to all the contributers to this thread.

It has helped me an incredible amount especially the stuff concerning skill gain difficulty.

When I start my tamer I shall be sure to gm taming first before I hit 500 skill points...

Once again great thread...

Cheers.

Dominic

Wanderer

Also I am not sure if this is relevant on this shard but it was on OSI.

If you reach the 700 skill point before getting 7x gm(as happened to me) it makes a difference what skill you have marked down..

If I remember rightly certain skills decay quicker than others, alchemy was always considered the fastest decaying skill, so you should have alchemy marked down when you hit 700 skill points(obviously you will need to buy alchemy to take up the 'slack' skill points)

Hope this makes sense.

Go_Ask_Alice

Sorceror

thats not true here and i dont think it was true on osi.

a skill will decay at the rate your other skill raises, it makes no difference what skill is decaying it maters what skill is raising.

a ninjah

Wanderer

Stealing = You get a wooden box, Exceutioners axe, short spear, long spear.
put shortspear in a box from 0 - 50. Macro = Steal Target Short Spear, Drag back to box. Wait 10 secs, Loop.

Just replace Short Spear with Longspear at 50 Then Exceutioners Axe at 75 to GM.

[Box can be secured so accessable, or do it on the floor at some random place]

Dominic

Wanderer

a ninja said:
*follows alchy directions*
gmed in 2 hrs thx.

Glad it helped someone, although osmo disagress I am pretty sure alchemy is the easiest skill to decay, seems to work for me everytime...