UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

A Comprehensive Guide to Skills and Skill Gain

Highlander-hybrid

Legendary Member
Re: A Comprehensive Guide to Skills and Skill Gain

Once you have 60 ( fake) taming, go do hearts. They gane fast and don't tame often for a long time. Just got to 65 from 60 ( fake) with 1 heart. :)

Gromo

Wanderer

i am definatly not gaining fro EQ fizzes. so far all ive gaind off of is just when i successfuly cast EQ. Some one help!

Highlander-hybrid

Legendary Member

You should just go with resurrect on a ghost or mana vamp. I don't know how many regs EQ uses, but the others are probably easier. Even just FS yourself, that only uses 2 reg's.

whats the best way to gain resisting spells??
im casting mana vampire at myself and it wont go over 96

crbentle

Wanderer

I recently GMed resist as my last skill. It did take forever but just keep Mana Vamping and it will raise.

You could use FlameStrike if you wanted to save 2 reagents and work on a character's healing.

Baddum12

Wanderer

do difficult skills first, cause i think after 500 total skill points gain gets pretty tough and then at 700 total I think it's almost at standard OSI gain speed.

Voodoo Child

Wanderer

Just want to point out that gate travel scrolls "do not" sell to vendors for 200. they sell for 36gp. making money with inscription is not possible. Unless these 8th level scrolls magically sell for 170 more.

Actually Voodoo, if you do things you succeed on, you do come out on top in terms of cash. When I was making my heal/inscribe mage, I gm'd magery/resist, and then started working on inscription and I had 5k to build inscribe with on that character. I lost money at first, but if you stick with doing things that you gain off of, but still have a decent chance of making (like ebolt up through around 75-80, then flamestrike through 90ish, you'll come out on top. I had around 12k or so banked after I gm'd, so I more than doubled my starting funds.

Poisoning: i would use poison (normal poison) to 60 or 65 before switching to greater, u can even use lesser for 50-(~60)

Mustafa

Wanderer

For poisoning, i went from 50-69.1(exactly i couldn't gain a single point more) with regular poison, then i started to use greater poison cause i couldn't gain with GP at 50... just to let the thread maker with this, it would be nice to put that in if they wish.

Vipe

Wanderer

for poisoning it has to be from 50-68 normal poison then onward with greater, from 50-95 greater poison won't work in the first few skills.

and for stealth this is also a good way to raise it.
buy off the skill
30-65 use normal clothes
65-95 use studded leather suit
95-100 use a close helm with the suit

itll gm stealth rapidly

curtavius

Wanderer

Please explain the macro for stealth on a boat. You have to hide first so how can u leave it unattended????

put on a ringmail tunic and record the following:
use skill hiding
wait 15secs
use skill stealth
wait 15secs

you should gm in a day or less