UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

A Comprehensive Guide to Skills and Skill Gain

fadriven

Wanderer
Re: A Comprehensive Guide to Skills and Skill Gain

Just wanted to say what a great guide this is! Its been a while since I played UO and all the sites out there now are for AoS and newer. Kudos to you :D

Baddum12

Wanderer

Where's cartography?

edit: Yeah, I had never trained it at all before, let alone GMing it. Now that I got GM in like a little over an hour... I see why it's not in the guide.

Jacobr

Sorceror

why doesnt stealth come up in advanced character make?

erendor

Wanderer

You require 80 Hiding in order to start training stealth. 80 hiding cannot be obtained at character creation, thus, no stealth.

Slopko said:
Requesting a guide for the skill remove traps
Donate for a Skill Ball

Hehe, just kidding but that would probably be easier than trying to GM it legit.

This is just in theory, but it would probably work. First you need GM Detect Hidden to be able to detect the trap. Then get a tinker to craft you a bunch of trapped crates. I think armor decreases your success rate, so try not to have any on.

I'm not sure off hand, since I'm at work, but I think it goes Dart Trap, Explosion Trap, Poison Trap, for difficulties.

Bust those out and you'll be on the right track. Faction traps can also be removed, which is probably why you're getting the skill, so you can train using those as well. Also, the levels of treasure maps give a degree as to the difficulty of the trap they are trapped with. So you could start with Level 1s and work your way up until you're removing the traps on Level 5 maps.

I'm sure Sunfire will add Remove Trap into his guide and make it much more coherent, but hopefully that'll at least get you started.

sunfiregt

Wanderer

Yea, i would add extra items to this list, however I cannot add anymore text to the post or else these forums will shut down and eat my children.

I am 3 letters from being at the max characters in the post :(

forgot spirit speak ;) lol i'm just pulling you're leg, i'm assuming a good ole' spacebar macro would work just like hiding did, let it raise as you go about your day

Minsc

Sorceror

here's a macro for stealing!

Buy a pack horse... go to a place where you never see anyone

ok now get a bag... if you have 0 stealing... buy some from a thief (any poker NPC's or thief guildmasters).. fill the bag with items untill you have 3 stone... if you start with 50 (recomended) fill the bag up to 5 stone...

now go to razor and go to the "Macro" tab... then "New" tab down the bottum... now the "Record" tab...while it's recording is on get the bag... and drag it into the bakpack of the packy then use skill stealing then click the bag... then open razor again and click "stop" on the recording... now click "play" and let it go...

skill: stone:
10 - 1 stone
20 - 2 stones
30 - 3 stones
40 - 4 stones
50 - 5 stones
60 - 6 stones
70 - 7 stones
80 - 8 stones
90 - 9 stones
100 - 10 stones

Dependable

Wanderer

Cebrious Arcane said:
This is just in theory, but it would probably work. First you need GM Detect Hidden to be able to detect the trap. Then get a tinker to craft you a bunch of trapped crates. I think armor decreases your success rate, so try not to have any on.

I tried that already, Remove Traps skill won't go up over the 30 you can buy from the thief guildmaster.

BlazeOfGlory

Wanderer

It wasn't until 60.1(show real) that I started gaining off of greater poison myself.

Very nice guide though.

Aspecti

Wanderer

Might be a stupid question, as I'm just about to join the shard, but don't you guys use EasyUO or is it not allowed here?

Great guide though :)

drakrum-hybrid

Sorceror

A super fast way to get anatomy is...

Hit someone with a fast wep, while healing them and using the skill on them.. all via razor.

thats 3 gains at a time so hmm

Weapon hits gain like mad fast just about every time you hit.
Healing gains just about every time you heal.
Anatomy itself used on a player gains just about every time you target.

Slopko

Wanderer

Minsc said:
here's a macro for stealing!

Buy a pack horse... go to a place where you never see anyone

ok now get a bag... if you have 0 stealing... buy some from a thief (any poker NPC's or thief guildmasters).. fill the bag with items untill you have 3 stone... if you start with 50 (recomended) fill the bag up to 5 stone...

now go to razor and go to the "Macro" tab... then "New" tab down the bottum... now the "Record" tab...while it's recording is on get the bag... and drag it into the bakpack of the packy then use skill stealing then click the bag... then open razor again and click "stop" on the recording... now click "play" and let it go...

skill: stone:
10 - 1 stone
20 - 2 stones
30 - 3 stones
40 - 4 stones
50 - 5 stones
60 - 6 stones
70 - 7 stones
80 - 8 stones
90 - 9 stones
100 - 10 stones

Another way to gm stealing that I found easier was I got a pile of gold (like 10k) and put it in a secure chest, in my house, I made a macro to steal, target chest, organizer agent 2 (gold, with the chest as the container to organize to), wait 11seconds, loop.

can do that all the way to gm.

Baddum12

Wanderer

My only question is with Blacksmithy. It says to make A spear for 6 ingots from 49.5-95.2 There's some sort of typo, just not sure where. Are we supposed to make a short spear for 6 ingots or a spear for 12 ingots?

Belmat

Wanderer

Baddum said:
My only question is with Blacksmithy. It says to make A spear for 6 ingots from 49.5-95.2 There's some sort of typo, just not sure where. Are we supposed to make a short spear for 6 ingots or a spear for 12 ingots?
A short spear.

Darkblade99

Wanderer

This is the best guide but for Melee skills just train on bulls from 60's to GM ^^