UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Would you like to see a more accurate world spawn?

Would you like to see the spawns made accurate?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

MarcusO

Sorceror
Re: Would you like to see a more accurate world spawn?

This is an interesting question...what does "accurate" mean?

UOG has the ability to make a version UO that has the best of all the spawns. For example:

1. Lich Lords in Deceit
- Back in the day they could be killed by Mages. Then OSI made them really hard to promote team-play, but the change ushered in the what I call the "tamer era". Make them killable by Mages that have to Med once, and set the loot high to make it a pvm (and pvp draw).

2. OL in Despise
- At one point this was a great pvm (and pvp) draw.

3. OL in Wrong

4. Demons in Shame

5. Shame Level 2
- Make it all Airs and a couple of Water Ellys like it used to be and set the loot back to what it was. This was always a great pvm (and pvp) draw.

I could go on and on, but I think you get the idea. Draw and the best spawns from the best time periods from 1997-2001 (or so). Focus on each area of each dungeon and tweak it until it is a "draw". Maybe put a different person in charge of monitoring and tweaking each area.

Most of all, please reduce nuisance monsters. There's just no point in having them all over.

Stides40oz

Knight

voted yes.. The new spawned dungeons stink compared to how they were before and the world map is litered with useless annoying animals and annoying creatures like shades that give nothing but own you

Peekaychu

Wanderer

considering that the majority of votes are "yes" regardless of the ambiguity surrounding the terminology "more accurate world spawn" is evidence enough for me that current spawns need to be tweaked. . . so yes! =)

Lucifer Hawk

Wanderer

If you make it accurate, it would be impossible for other characters to tame. It should stay the way it is. It would make it easier to tame mares and people will time them (they may be timing the spawn now BUT) it would making taming mares even worse.

NO. You should as the whole server. Just think about what will happen if the timer was exact. Its like making the game easier. I prefer a game that is more challenging.

Overmann

Sorceror

I too would like some official elaboration on what 'accurate' means, because we may not all be thinking along the same lines and are setting ourselves up for disappointment in the face of an opportunity for a more enjoyable, playable shard. I'm glad the admins of the shard are concerned enough about the world spawn to make a poll about it, and if this is an opportunity to affect the spawn and make the shard a more fun place, I'd like not to waste the chance or bring about something else that is also unsatisfactory, both to admin and the huge player base.

That being said, I voted 'yes' and am hoping for the best. In my view the dungeons I've visited are far too overcrowded and respawn much too fast, in part due to inactivity. I can appreciate the admins wanting to promote PVM on a PVP server, I admire that intention, but if anything the last spawn changes made most of the dungeons unplayable because not all of us have friends that we can trust to PVM with, etc. I think we could promote kinship between players if we first promote solo PvMing, because at the very least that would encourage players to visit the dungeons. Another variable to achieving this would be increased loot, making it more profitable to take risks (though not overwhelming and unenjoyable risks). As a consequence of all this, PVP in dungeons would also increase.

Bottom line: to promote better gameplay in dungeons, the spawns should be a little less concentrated and the respawn rate lowered at least a fraction, maybe 5/4 the rate it is now. (On a minor note, I fondly remember players hanging out in and around the entrances to dungeons [specifically Shame] and 'holding the fort'. While I don't see the player base as it stands being as trustworthy, perhaps we could reduce or eliminate the spawn near dungeon entrances? I don't think players should be attacked the first few steps they make into dungeons.)

The world spawn outside of dungeons can also use a bit of work in that I have no less than eight dog spawns are outside my house in the woods about ten screens outside of town. Forest animals should inhabit forests, not domesticated animals. I can be more specific with this example but I get the feeling other such examples exist on the shard and I'm only making a general indication of the types of spawn that need changing.

That's my long-winded opinion on the matter, at any rate. Please let me know what holes can be poked into it or whatever clarification one might need.

MarcusO

Sorceror

Overmann;1440410 said:
The world spawn outside of dungeons can also use a bit of work in that I have no less than eight dog spawns are outside my house in the woods about ten screens outside of town. Forest animals should inhabit forests...

Good call. The spawns in some of the forests are whacked. For example, go up toward the Cave NW of Brit and find 50 friggin' animals, some spawned in the walls. It's stupid. Move the spawner south and cut back on the useless crap animals that spawn FTW. We don't need 10 rabbits and 8 dogs and 9 cats in the mine.

Again...I see this as too much work for one person. Different people should be in charge of the different areas to tweak the spawns and then check on them. It would help if they posted in General Discussion for people to give their opinion on the "latest tweaks". Hopefully, together we can all get them right.

gwen-hybrid

Wanderer

if by more accurate u mean the original settings i have to say yes most definatly, it scared the hell outta me to see strange red man in despise after comming back after 2 years. plz spawn normal things like ettins and lizards there.. upping the reward for letting u so vulnarable to others in dungeons should be upped too, as right now its verry trammie like to sit in town and kill bulls cause leather pays off more then hunting monsters...

Lucifer Hawk;1440354 said:
If you make it accurate, it would be impossible for other characters to tame. It should stay the way it is. It would make it easier to tame mares and people will time them (they may be timing the spawn now BUT) it would making taming mares even worse.

NO. You should as the whole server. Just think about what will happen if the timer was exact. Its like making the game easier. I prefer a game that is more challenging.

You say no for some stupid mares? No one cares aboiut tamers, and this is not a tamer frievdly shard, OSI is.

BTW, no one cares about tamers.. oh I said that.

Tamers remind me of abercrombie and Fitch models....(madTV skit ;))

On OSI mare spawns in the old days were rare and random and you had to camp trhem like an IDOC. People took count to get mares, and it was a big del! Please, bring that back. Taming is way too easy here....

Make mare, and other spawns of equivalent tamer value, long, random times, thus making them rarer, and more valuable as well.

Crap spawns are dominant everywhere. Let someone work towns and outlying areas continent by continent, and maybe break the dungeons up into a few pppl, as suggested, to make sure no stone goes unturned, and do make a sticky on the subject someplace.

FIRE DUNGEON

On OSI and other shards is awesome, on here, I can't tell cause you get PWNED right when you walk in by high level mage enemies.

UO is suppossed to be like Ultima RPGs on Nintendo... when you go in the dungeon then ach level and the deeper you go the harder it gets, not get your butt torn right when you walk in....

PLEASE FIX LOOT else I'm still not going. A lich can pwn you, but gives mongbat loot compared to it's tradiitonal spawn. This would give both players and pks more to look forward to.

I dont think hybrid should start doing things like osi...but the spawn... like alot of people said, needs work. the loot needs work too. the cut sucks.

GradGT

Sorceror

the spawns now are much better than they used to be, but please adjust the respawn rate in dungeons! it's way too slow!

A

Azaazel-hybrid

Grad;1446329 said:
the spawns now are much better than they used to be, but please adjust the respawn rate in dungeons! it's way too slow!

I think the spawns are crap and dungeons stink compared to what they used to be. I would much rather the world spawn be more like OSI then it is now. Like everyone is saying, barely anyone hunts the dungeons like they used too. Ice dungeon is almost always empty now except ice fiends. I never see anyone in certain dungeons.

X-Halio-X

Wanderer

wikitypooshlag;1436784 said:
I voted yes....

that being said, I'm not really sure what you mean by more accurate cus i haven't played on an osi shard in like 4 years. I definitely miss things like the old t2a orc fort. There was always a ton of action there. Now it's just a swarm of undead where PK's run and hide. No one acctually goes there to play.

BTW can we please get rid of all the random animal spawns. I'm not one to complain, as you can see from my number of posts, but PLEASE. Anyone else with me on this... the animals just seem to slow down the game and they contribute nothing. Is there anything more anoying than when u have someone redlined for the kill, then they run away and u get stuck on a rat trying to finish them off. Maybe just a few main farming areas for people who need hides.

Please, let's take a poll on this one: NO MORE ANIMAL SWARMS!!!

i agree

Undoubtedly, yes. A more realistic world spawn would be exceptional.

Countessa

Knight

wikitypooshlag;1436784 said:
BTW can we please get rid of all the random animal spawns. I'm not one to complain, as you can see from my number of posts, but PLEASE. Anyone else with me on this... the animals just seem to slow down the game and they contribute nothing. Is there anything more anoying than when u have someone redlined for the kill, then they run away and u get stuck on a rat trying to finish them off. Maybe just a few main farming areas for people who need hides.

Please, let's take a poll on this one: NO MORE ANIMAL SWARMS!!!

I don't agree with removing animals spawns. They add something to the game. I do agree they need work. Dogs and cats should not be wandering the forest (wasn't Vesper the town known for strays?). Bears should not be in swamps or grassed areas. Animal spawns are okay in moderation, animals in their applicable locations.
I've been away so if this is now fixed, thanks Sypher.

GradGT

Sorceror

Grad;1446329 said:

sorry when i posted this i was posting on the assumption that they had already changed a lot of the formerly shitty spawn (like in despise). I realize now there's a lot left to do.

please make it like they used to be, and please do redo the loot tables as well, a little more income for hard workers is NOT going to destroy the world economy.

thank you!

Faithless

Wanderer

Is this going to be another one of those things like faction wipes where there is 200 to 1 odds of all voting in favor of the change where you then say:

"We only asked, we never said we'd do it".

What about the undead? Are Liches never going to be fixed. Farming liches in deciet or at GY's with a silver weap was always one of my fav things to do -- not just for the loot but because it was an awesome PvP draw. Now they drop like 90 gp. Not even worth the time for getting Ebolt/FS and having to constantly chug refresh pots.

If the reason for making loot crap is to keep the economy in check it just doesn't make sense. All it does is make people donate for gold instead of acctually play. Then again.... that's probably the plan. But that doesn't help the world in a pvp/pvm sense. It just means more newbs with giant houses and neon crap.

I used to love farming monsters, but now I dread the thought. Now I have a voice in the back of my head saying, "you can work for 1 hour in real life and have 1 million gold, or you can try to farm liches for an hour and maybe get 5k if you are really lucky...." So of course people are going to quit PvM.

BRING THE LOOT BACK BABY!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.