UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Would you like to see a more accurate world spawn?

Would you like to see the spawns made accurate?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Azaazel-hybrid

Re: Would you like to see a more accurate world spawn?

JamesD88;1436827 said:
What the spawn change did was lower the loot levels for people fighting the monsters, make it easier for pks to come in an chase said PvM player into harder areas of the dungeon getting him killed by sometimes ridiculous spawn, and made it less profitable for everyone. Which is one way Hybrid has been seemingly Anti-New Player, due to Houses costing upwards of 250k for a 7x7 in the middle of nowhere and the difficulty to gather 250k gold when a new player.

The new changes are extremely necessary and perfect for the server. Make the monster spawns more tolerable in some of the dungeons, and possibly even overload a few others. Make them have varying difficulties, so both new players and veterans alike can get the action they need that is challenging yet rewarding for all.

With a respawn and the new housing rules UOG will be much better, and hopefully much more attractive to new comers. UOG has not been growing much in the past 6 months, as can be seen by the average number of players online throughout the week and hopefully a few more changes can fix that!

Exactly, I've seen quite a few new guys posting that it's just too tough if you don't have items to compete with everyone else. It seemes every old player is using Vanqs and Powers, not too mention Runics, when the new guys just get gm weaps or monster dropped crap. Something eneds to be done. I liked the old Hybrid loot tables and spawns, it made pvp more fun and I actually wanted to pve and fight some pks at the same time.

Spade777

Wanderer

I would prefer a more detailed description of what we're actually voting on (as multiple others have requested as well). Not counting what other folks are assuming "accurate world spawn" means, I have no idea what Ryan means by that.

a19980512

Wanderer

i think hes absolutely right, i mean, i also got my account deleted and i used to have vanqs and invuln pouring out of my ears, and now i really cant seem to find any. The old spawns rocked. covetous is weird right now, and so are some of the dungeons, it doesnt feel like it used too, i really dont go as much as i used to. if the intention was to get more people into pvm why not add another place like ishelnar or malas? (i know this must be a HUGE amount of work, im suggesting it in the event it was remotely possible).

Azaazel-hybrid;1436683 said:
I definately want to see some spawn changes. I liked the old Hybrid spawns and especially the loot. It stinks now that my account was deleted everyone has all the vanqs and powers, invuln etc.. I can't seem to get any of that stuff anymore like I used too. This is a game where most people pvp in the end make the field even so the new people can get the items just as easy as the old.

Another thing that needs changed imo is Wisps you get better loot off ratmen then you do a wisp and it takes two hits on ratmen. I miss the old wisps.

AndrewDoK

Wanderer

I live on ice, and everyday about 20 walrus, polar bears, and wolves find their way into my home.. i keep my doors locked yet whenever i come home they are hibernating in my tower :(

wkstrm

Lord

I voted "I don't have an opinion" because I don't PvM. only time I do that is to get some leather.
but I guess it would be nice to have the "right" stuff spawn in the right place.

The_Man

Sorceror

I would like to see champ spawns beefed up, maybe trinsic rose and blood rose, or CBD, neon hair, etc. rewards from harrower...
something worthwhile that is rare, has a use, and worth fighting over

champ spawns are fun n all for boring times but little reward, (unless you take beetles and pack horses and stock up on every mobs loot)

but... it would be fun to see dungeons and spawns populated again with some good ol pvp ....

I miss the old days on here when you could go to pretty much any dungeon and always find a few there, sometimes alot...

I don't know what you mean by accurate, but it definitely needs work. I agree with Tessa, it doesn't have to be OSI but some places are just ridiculous. Some places are just overspawned like crazy (Wrong level 2, for example) while otherplaces like Tera keep are mostly empty. Definitely needs to be worked on.

RacerX

Wanderer

Spade777;1437350 said:
I would prefer a more detailed description of what we're actually voting on (as multiple others have requested as well). Not counting what other folks are assuming "accurate world spawn" means, I have no idea what Ryan means by that.

I agree, in order for this to be a proper poll and to vote correctly Ryan should enlighten us a bit more with what he has in mind to avoid sour grapes once the changes have or have not been implemented. Also I was curious as to if we currently have blood elementals I remember those from OSI and how they gave off great loot.

EDIT: Slightly off topic but having to do with spawn and something I was wondering about the other day was why are regs not found on the ground like OSI. This seems a bit more useful than some of the animal spawn we have now.

RacerX;1438722 said:
I agree, in order for this to be a proper poll and to vote correctly Ryan should enlighten us a bit more with what he has in mind to avoid sour grapes once the changes have or have not been implemented. Also I was curious as to if we currently have blood elementals I remember those from OSI and how they gave off great loot.

EDIT: Slightly off topic but having to do with spawn and something I was wondering about the other day was why are regs not found on the ground like OSI. This seems a bit more useful than some of the animal spawn we have now.

Blood eles are in shame, but they're not worth it for the loot they give. Very few monsters are nowadays.

As for regs, razor has the scavenger agent which is why we don't have that here.

Hydrofiend

Knight

^^ Seriously! Tentacles of harrower used to be my favorite place to farm on my archer, and it was great pvp action in that dungeon, now the harrower is gone, the spawn has changed "badly overspawned" and the place is dead.

I didn't read all the replies so this may have been mentioned.

The majority of people that play this shard, played on osi servers in the past. The way all the dungeons have different spawns, and to top it off WEAKER spawns, was a very bad move. Then the loot was lowered on monsters across the board... Now what you have is everyone making tailors/smiths or just farming regs and reselling them for money "while safely in town guards".

Why would I spend 2 minutes killing a dragon for 1k gold with the danger of being ganked by dungeon hopping reds... when I can kill a polar bear for 36 leather, make a suit of leather armor from it, and sell it for 1.5k all in under 30 seconds and in relative safety? The Monsters farmers should be the rich people on the shard, not the crafters, that was a very Pro-trammel move if you ask me, seeing that crafters can make all their money while in the safety of the town guards.

Old OSI Spawns and regular loot tables, and you will see MUCH more activity in the dungeons.

Phyrex

Page

Countessa;1436629 said:
I voted yes because the spawns really do need serious work, but I don't believe they need to be OSI accurate. I would rather see them done originally, but well. This isn't OSI. Hybrid is better than that.

Agreed, however a more sensable spawn per area would be a huge improvement :).

Status
Not open for further replies.