UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Would you like to see a more accurate world spawn?

Would you like to see the spawns made accurate?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Countessa

Knight
Re: Would you like to see a more accurate world spawn?

I voted yes because the spawns really do need serious work, but I don't believe they need to be OSI accurate. I would rather see them done originally, but well. This isn't OSI. Hybrid is better than that.

slim212113

Sorceror

i agree with Countessa. theres no need for them to be like osi. but they do need work

a noob

Sorceror

could this possibly mean tweaking the loot on monsters? either way change is good, yes.

jlk7jester

Wanderer

Yes please I will love you forever! I don't think gold drop needs change so much, but the spawn rate and spawn areas. Also maybe add in new monster tameables? I'm sure some people would hate that but I think it might be fun.

shader

Sorceror

When many of us play this server, it reminds us of what UO "used" to be. So the spawn being vastly different is the exact opposite of what many of us would like to see. Nothing like a nostalgiac stroll to a dungeon to be immediately hit by it feeling "wrong".

Yes, this world spawn change was a complete non-factor. What it's goal or purpose was, I'm not quite sure. I "think" it was to put a newfound focus in PvM, make dungeons more challenging, etc. Unfortunately it didn't seem to really do much of anything, except make LESS people go to dungeons. So in effect, it ended up having the opposite of the intended effect.

Change it back, at the very least. THEN make necessary changes if need be.

A

Azaazel-hybrid

I definately want to see some spawn changes. I liked the old Hybrid spawns and especially the loot. It stinks now that my account was deleted everyone has all the vanqs and powers, invuln etc.. I can't seem to get any of that stuff anymore like I used too. This is a game where most people pvp in the end make the field even so the new people can get the items just as easy as the old.

Another thing that needs changed imo is Wisps you get better loot off ratmen then you do a wisp and it takes two hits on ratmen. I miss the old wisps.

A Walrus

Wanderer

YES I HAVE A GOOD 50 CATS/BIRDs/DEER AROUND MY HOUSE EVER DAY

I voted yes....

that being said, I'm not really sure what you mean by more accurate cus i haven't played on an osi shard in like 4 years. I definitely miss things like the old t2a orc fort. There was always a ton of action there. Now it's just a swarm of undead where PK's run and hide. No one acctually goes there to play.

BTW can we please get rid of all the random animal spawns. I'm not one to complain, as you can see from my number of posts, but PLEASE. Anyone else with me on this... the animals just seem to slow down the game and they contribute nothing. Is there anything more anoying than when u have someone redlined for the kill, then they run away and u get stuck on a rat trying to finish them off. Maybe just a few main farming areas for people who need hides.

Please, let's take a poll on this one: NO MORE ANIMAL SWARMS!!!

shader;1436675 said:
When many of us play this server, it reminds us of what UO "used" to be. So the spawn being vastly different is the exact opposite of what many of us would like to see. Nothing like a nostalgiac stroll to a dungeon to be immediately hit by it feeling "wrong".

Yes, this world spawn change was a complete non-factor. What it's goal or purpose was, I'm not quite sure. I "think" it was to put a newfound focus in PvM, make dungeons more challenging, etc. Unfortunately it didn't seem to really do much of anything, except make LESS people go to dungeons. So in effect, it ended up having the opposite of the intended effect.

i agree 100%. the unrealistic spawn seems to have hurt PvP in bad way. i always remember GY's and dungeons being PvP hotspots. Now no one even goes to GY's for farming cus the loot isn't worth it. i step into vesper GY and get Ebolt/MB by 3 wraiths and I'm dead in 6 seconds, by monsters that only carry 60gp. It just seems really unbalanced, and not worth the time.

One of my best memories is farming monsters, AND hoping PK's would show up for some action. Seems like there's only a few PvP hotspots on the shard these days, due in a big way to the lack of accurate spawns.

JamesD

Wanderer

shader;1436675 said:

What the spawn change did was lower the loot levels for people fighting the monsters, make it easier for pks to come in an chase said PvM player into harder areas of the dungeon getting him killed by sometimes ridiculous spawn, and made it less profitable for everyone. Which is one way Hybrid has been seemingly Anti-New Player, due to Houses costing upwards of 250k for a 7x7 in the middle of nowhere and the difficulty to gather 250k gold when a new player.

The new changes are extremely necessary and perfect for the server. Make the monster spawns more tolerable in some of the dungeons, and possibly even overload a few others. Make them have varying difficulties, so both new players and veterans alike can get the action they need that is challenging yet rewarding for all.

With a respawn and the new housing rules UOG will be much better, and hopefully much more attractive to new comers. UOG has not been growing much in the past 6 months, as can be seen by the average number of players online throughout the week and hopefully a few more changes can fix that!

X-Halio-X

Wanderer

i don't get exactly your point Ryan, but after reading all the replys i think it would be a great idea!

Seuss

Wanderer

I would like to see the spawns more accurately instituted. It seems to me dungeons, particuarly, were designed to "house" specific spawn. Destard, for instance, always has been the "dragon dungeon;" hence, players have always been able to count on dragons of various kinds spawning there (ancient wyrms, dragons, drakes, etc.)
Wrong was always a higher level humanoid dungeon. It gave sanction to ogres, trolls, ettins, ogre lords, etc. I remember building archery standing behind the tables in Wrong level 2 shooting ogre lords and waiting for pks to come and wreck the party.
With that said, there have been changes to the game in the time in between now and then, and the dungeons certainly should represent these alterations. Yet, the integrity of the dungeons and the hordes they house should, or rather, I beleive should be upheld. Wrong should remain a humanoid dungeon. The spawn that infests this dungeon may change, but the type of creatures that inhabit it should not, in my opinion. The same holds true for Shame (elementals), Deceit (undead), Destard (dragons), Hythloth (demons), Covetuous (?), and Despise (humanoids).

Also, i think to encourage fighting in dungeons, spawns should be area specific rather than overwhelming so hat fighting has an oppurtunity to take place. The Ancient Wyrm spawn, currently, is a good model of this idea.

Finally, i would like to see treasure chests spawn loot (maybe dungeon rares, or simply gold and items like old).

With all of that said, I love this game and will except the changes or non-changes that the staff of Hybrid decide to implement.

I would love to see the spawn re-done. As others have said it does not need to be OSI-style, but just not so overwhelming and overrun with monsters.

Moosebish

Wanderer

I think there should be a set of different world spawns that cycle from month to month... I like to explore and it's fun to just take whatever comes at you rather than knowing what's around the next bend.

However, things that are very commonly hunted/tamed shouldn't be moved much.

I mean, I don't know, the problem is that our servers have monsters from the new lands... but the new lands don't exist, so where do the monsters go? I like the new monsters, but they need a home...

zlatan fulgere

Sorceror

I'm not 100% sure what "accurate" would suggest in this case. I voted yes anyway because mixing it up would surely be interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.