UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Whats with this big ol bugger (event spider)

Kocetou

Sorceror
Pain spike was hitting for 3-6.
Start making sense? I'M Sorry people have lifes and cant be on 24 7 to do your little events you like to make so noobs can get richer. Not to mention the corpse dissapeard after about 10 seconds. This server is just becoming Rigged like Hybrid is.
You had to loot fast to get your drop :>

Xavier

Account Terminated
Start making sense? I'M Sorry people have lifes and cant be on 24 7 to do your little events you like to make so noobs can get richer. Not to mention the corpse dissapeard after about 10 seconds. This server is just becoming Rigged like Hybrid is.

Corpses have been doing THAT since the release of AoS... its called animate dead, and its players doing it.

Wow, the thing lived until today? I guess I'm not surprised. Was there for the first 15 minutes before having to go... We managed to make one red pixel show up, and then it recovered that.

I died four times: first was to not knowing WTF was going on, the second was due to bad lad, the third was due to a downright disconnect, and the fourth was when I tried to melee the thing to see if perhaps it was (ironically) vulnerable to lethal. (I did that mostly out of boredom, since I noticed it was immune to deadly)

From what I've seen, and tried to piece together, it had some of the following:
  • It very much has the "new smart AI." Good luck trying to keep aggro off of you.
  • It has lower-level magery; didn't spot it using any higher-level spells, and it didn't use Invisibility once AFAIK, but I saw it spam Magic Arrow and Teleport.
  • The thing appears to have at least 100,000 HP. Probably well more. I can't be 100% certain since often enough I couldn't see the damage numbers dealt to it.
  • The thing appears to have a raw damage of around 120-240 with its attacks. Which, yes, will one-shot tamers without resists.
  • I noticed it had used Psychic Attack on me at one point, as well, an ML-only special (spellblade and magic shortbow) that gives you an SDI malus, potentially dropping you into negative SDI.
  • Interestingly enough, it appears to be an archer. It scored what were certainly non-spell hits on me at range, including with Psychic Attack. I confirmed that I couldn't melee it while I was on the stone paths and it was in the sewage, yet it managed to hit me, and apparently without Teleporting.
  • Lastly, as I'm sure many noticed (but apparently weren't bright enough to account for) it has the "retaliatory gas cloud" attack that Yamandons and Serado are infamous for. This means you should avoid spamming weak attacks at all costs!
I'm sorry that your Event was horrible, not to mention it was in Tram.. Sorry not everyone likes to play a blue on UO which is 2011.
Some of us have the forethought to maintain a couple of blue chars on hand for these sort of things. I mean, c'mon, you've got up to 28 characters to have... Do they *ALL* have to be red?

So did anyone try an archer with ARMOUR IGNORE? I tried this thing with 2 other BAD members and that may of been the answer to not getting 1 on all hits. I did however manage 6 dmg with blood oath.
AI = most under-rated move for PvM ever, it would appear. I think many are forgetting that the 35 dmg cap only applies when using the move in PvP.

Ut Oh

Page
Its amazing how many people can rage over a event that never had to exist to begin with.. Not everyones always going to get the best loots. Its completely random, if you wernt satisfied. DONT participate in any future events then. jeez yall cry to much over NOTHING! The event could of been better but who really cares? honestly it was fun for me and i didnt get much at all :)

no need to bash staff, the sever is free, as was the event, whats their to cry about?? bc you didnt get rich off it?? lol @ you

N0S0und0fTrace

Sorceror
Im not trying to get rich, but im sick of trammie ass noobs like your self getting Items all the time, considering the fact that 100% of the time the event is during the time people work.

KickerofAssets

Sorceror
I like events. I dig difficult and easy ones alike. I personally spurred the idea of a sewer event. So I can't complain about that either(much...we needed teleports or steps to unstick).

I appreciate events normally. But I think the bosses should be completely reset to fix them so people don't waste their time. I can lose 200k and say thank you. But not for getting annoyed when I can't hit with one of the best pvm toons on the shard lol

Sorry for my previous comment, but i was venting slightly. But I think its still a relevant argument. 1 damage per death is way to harsh =/

Xavier

Account Terminated
Armor ignore and lightning strike criticals seem likecare they should've done something regardless of resists.

It died relatively quick after people finally got on it. The problem with the resists had 2 of his resists over 100, which makes those two elements invulnerable, another was reallu high and two around 60 - 70. Thats what elemental damage modifiers are for. It died, mkay.. and besides, call it practice. Im pretty sure a couple of the ML mobs we are adding soon will be configured similar, as per DESIGN.

You know, we havent made a boss that mean in a long long time. There were plenty of people there to take of it. The reward was equal to the risk (more, IMO). What else do you want? The same boxed champions all the time? You dont need to get me to bring you tram for that...

And then 27 (dead) GDs lurk over the corpse for 15 minutes. Love it :D

We even moved those, too. hah.

I DONT like what animate does to corpses, its been abused by necros for a long time. may have to change that here.

Ut Oh

Page
Yes the damage ratio was wack, agreed. However we did kill it, did we not? so whats the point of complaining about it, if you didnt like what was happening down there, you simply could of left.

And yes im oh so rich.. i actually lost $ on this event, but i am not complaining i had fun! was one of the hardest mobs iv seen yet. But when the mob is dropping over 200mil in items, would you perfer it dies in a hit??

Xavier

Account Terminated
I appreciate events normally. But I think the bosses should be completely reset to fix them so people don't waste their time. I can lose 200k and say thank you. But not for getting annoyed when I can't hit with one of the best pvm toons on the shard lol

Yeah. You know what? If you walk into something like that, you see more dead players than alive, half the shard is there and 3/4 of them are dead .. you could have stopped and turned yourself around, because that scene kind of speaks for itself....

KickerofAssets

Sorceror
Pretty sure no boss on osi was ever designed that way. At least that I ever seen up till 2 months into ML =/

Difficult is one thing. Impossible is another.

Im not trying to get rich, but im sick of trammie ass noobs like your self getting Items all the time,
Read: I'm not getting rich, so I don't think people who aren't kewl doods like myself should, either. ;)

Yeah. You know what? If you walk into something like that, you see more dead players than alive, half the shard is there and 3/4 of them are dead .. you could have stopped and turned yourself around, because that scene kind of speaks for itself....
Yep, if I die 4 times in a few minutes, I think that says something. Not that I minded, though; was some fun chaos, and the only real complaint I had was about the disconnect, which appeared to be inflicted by the crush of corpses/ghosts.

Xavier

Account Terminated
Pretty sure no boss on osi was ever designed that way. At least that I ever seen up till 2 months into ML =/

Difficult is one thing. Impossible is another.

Impossible? I have NEVER defeated you guys. Ever. Everything we ever came up with got killed .. even TWO paragon harries and all their 30-some paragon tents, in a 20x20 closed room. The only thing thats impossible here is excepting something to be impossible :D

Pont

Knight
I DONT like what animate does to corpses, its been abused by necros for a long time. may have to change that here.

Yes I do find that a problem too when searching an open corpse and someone casts animate dead then I have to find the skeletal remains to re-open to continue searching.

Kocetou

Sorceror
With 65~ all resists the thing could combo 115-120 dmg on you . With mine 119 i survived the combo like 10 times at 2 hp.

KickerofAssets

Sorceror
I think you are missing my point. You make these things and have a chuckle at seeing us toy with them. Its fun sure. My point I think you are missing is when I mention in my first post. Having a powerful character as I have specifically for monsters. All I was doing is 1 damage for pretty much every spell I had.

Keep the items. I did leave the area. I think it got more than myself miffed about it as I've already heard more complaints than people saying how fun it was.