UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Updates - 7/25/2009

nolliepoper

Sorceror
Re: Updates - 7/25/2009

Hydrofiend;1931298 said:
If you ask me, it was carebear shit with aoe not hitting blues, now it's hardcore, like it should be. Maybe make it so purple pots dont hit blue pets, to avoid that weak aspect of the change.

You all have it backwards.

I think 10 second timer on purp pots would have been a better fix, but anything that lowers the ammount of alchys on the shard, works for me.

Ban this joke.

Abhorsen

Knight

I just dont understand... all the people who complain about purple pots, are these the people that are just defending or are they actually trying to kill? Have any of you purple pot haters ever tried to kill someone who knows how to effectively heal themselves? I cant believe that you have (this excludes newb pks and shitty blues). Think about it. If the average decent pvper can heal explo pot fs, or explo eb syncs, how the fuck do you expect to kill them without purples? as in those combos are 90+ dmg instantly that they arent dying to... Im not saying that purple pots are being removed it just seems bizzare that so many people call for nerfs on purples. To me this update just makes me think we are going to see more people ganking syncs because it will now be more difficult to kill someone (by urself) who is in a crowd.

Even if what some of what i said is wrong or unclear the bottom line is: dont bitch about purples, they are what allow people to kill people (especially runners).

doesnt take a good pvper to realize this (as shown by this post)

projectSOUND;1931777 said:
I just dont understand... all the people who complain about purple pots, are these the people that are just defending or are they actually trying to kill? Have any of you purple pot haters ever tried to kill someone who knows how to effectively heal themselves? I cant believe that you have (this excludes newb pks and shitty blues). Think about it. If the average decent pvper can heal explo pot fs, or explo eb syncs, how the fuck do you expect to kill them without purples? as in those combos are 90+ dmg instantly that they arent dying to... Im not saying that purple pots are being removed it just seems bizzare that so many people call for nerfs on purples. To me this update just makes me think we are going to see more people ganking syncs because it will now be more difficult to kill someone (by urself) who is in a crowd.

Even if what some of what i said is wrong or unclear the bottom line is: dont bitch about purples, they are what allow people to kill people (especially runners).

That just means you suck.

projectSOUND;1931777 said:

well ryan has said more changes are coming so hopefully something will balance it out. and i cant help but think these people who complain dont pvp. most likely they want to but cant because of purples so they want them changed. i was this way for awhile but decided to just learn to use them. and of course once i do that they get changed lulz.

im still for it though. i was never a fan of purples, even if they made it easier to kill people. i just hope it doesn't become impossible to kill people who have tons of pots. somehow i doubt it will though. CANT WAIT TO SEE NEW CHANGES OMGISH!@

Hydrofiend

Knight

Like I said we had no problem killing people back in the day, with no purple pots. You'll just have to think a little deeper than your explosion purple pot ebolt combos. But you kids were 5 years old when the real UO was a good game, so I dont expect you to remember the good ol days.

It's funny how pissed some of these children get when their precious crutch is in danger of being nerfed. But, when someone asks on forums what is the best pvp template... 10 people respond, and they all say the same thing... you all know what that template is. Yes, alchy/stun. Nobody says, scribe/nox mage, or hybrid, or scribe dexer, or any of the other templates that should be able to compete.

The gm's always put a purple pot in the water at tourneys called "a crutch" for a reason.

Now don't get me wrong, alchy mage does take skill to use if you dont use a pot throwing macro, and that's a good thing. The problem is that no other template can compete with the sheer damage that alchy mages/alchy dexers put out. I have an idea, lets just get rid of all the other skills except for mage eval med resist wrestle anat alchy, since the other skills are useless anyways... then lets name the shard Alchy instead of Hybrid.

You children can call me newbie or carebear all you want, but any of you with half a brain know i'm right.

And for the record, i've been on this shard a lot longer than most of you.

WaRgAzM

Knight

Yeah.. then again "back in the day" the battle ground wasn't overun by pots/wands =/

Hydrofiend;1931871 said:
Like I said we had no problem killing people back in the day, with no purple pots. You'll just have to think a little deeper than your explosion purple pot ebolt combos. But you kids were 5 years old when the real UO was a good game, so I dont expect you to remember the good ol days.

It's funny how pissed some of these children get when their precious crutch is in danger of being nerfed. But, when someone asks on forums what is the best pvp template... 10 people respond, and they all say the same thing... you all know what that template is. Yes, alchy/stun. Nobody says, scribe/nox mage, or hybrid, or scribe dexer, or any of the other templates that should be able to compete.

The gm's always put a purple pot in the water at tourneys called "a crutch" for a reason.

Now don't get me wrong, alchy mage does take skill to use if you dont use a pot throwing macro, and that's a good thing. The problem is that no other template can compete with the sheer damage that alchy mages/alchy dexers put out. I have an idea, lets just get rid of all the other skills except for mage eval med resist wrestle anat alchy, since the other skills are useless anyways... then lets name the shard Alchy instead of Hybrid.

You children can call me newbie or carebear all you want, but any of you with half a brain know i'm right.

man stop calling everybody a trammie and stop thinking you've played UO longer than anybody else. I started in the instahit days and played all the way till AoS. I took a short break and came to UOgamers. i started here a couple days before the wipe and started right back up on the second or third day this shard was back up. i pvped basically a couple weeks after starting. I played here for 2-3 years and then got bored and stopped playing. I let all my accounts decay along with my keep, 2 towers, and loaded 18x18.
I came back 2 1/2 years ago and started new accounts, donated and built them up, and then quit, playd for about a week. every once in awhile i'd come back for a week or just play a couple days but i didn't start playing again untill about a month ago. i didn't play before because i sucked with purple potions. i really couldn't do shit on a mage.
I came back and decided to try using sallos instead of razor and learning to use pots. now here i am. so theres my life story. as you can see i've been playing UO for a long time and have been on this shard since the wipe. you can stop calling everyone 5 year olds and acting like you've been playing before everyone to avoid more people being like me and typing a novel.

the trammy thing i just dont get. just because people use explode pots to pvp doesn't mean they are a trammy at all. its fucking annoying when you say that. you just sound grumpy because you couldn't adapt to using them and your "glory days" of uo are gone. nobody is crying that they wont be able to use pots either. most people are upset about griefers flagging/counting you. totally homo move btw.

do you think that if alchy mages were useless you would get your chance to be good at uo? cause tbh thats what your posts show.
/novel teeldeerLULZWORDZ !

Hydrofiend;1931871 said:

Just the opposite.. On OSI after publish 16 1v1 fights would last forever and ever if heal/cure pots where involved.. Unless one person totally sucked. The only people getting easy kills were high end runic fielders. And that's just queer.

Currently I hate the changes.. For the same reasons why I hated them the first time they change it. Reds love it though I'm sure. they're already starting to travel in packs intermixed with a few blues. They get to lightning wand/pot till the cows come home - obviously reds don't care about taking counts. Where a blue is SOL unless he doesn't plan on being blue for long!

Since I am big into the whole red vs blue aspect of UO. It is just a bit annoying.

Oh well maybe it is time to join factions and afk in del ponds until my group is bigger then the other group that is out.

Hydrofiend;1931871 said:

I love how people who got stuck with that default NOV. 2003. join date during the forum mergers pretend they have played hybrid since that said date. Yet completely forgetting/not realizing you can look up anyones first post as long as their count is under 500.

So for the record I am calling your BS!

MarcusO

Sorceror

LeGiOn-hybrid;1931894 said:
...they're already starting to travel in packs intermixed with a few blues. They get to lightning wand/pot till the cows come home - obviously reds don't care about taking counts. Where a blue is SOL unless he doesn't plan on being blue for long!

Yeah...the AOE change has just reverted us back to the ultra-low point of pvp on UOG, where reds had it all and blues were fodder.

Looking back I still think the worst change was when the guard zones were changed so reds could finish their kills in town (I think Bear got tired of me running into town one night). Nothing killed "Red vs Blue" pvp more than this change, because it stopped blues from attacking reds...period. If you attacked a red, he chased you into town with his butt-healing buddies and hounded you til you dropped.

LeGiOn-hybrid;1931894 said:
Since I am big into the whole red vs blue aspect of UO. It is just a bit annoying.

It's more than a bit annoying for some of us folks who believe the best part of the old game was all about "Red vs Blue". In UOG right now it means nothing to be red, other than every part of the game is tilted in your favor.

So when is the MYuogamers thing going to be fixed so I can follow my poker stats? :)

Hydrofiend

Knight

Like I said, I dont think this change was the way to fix alchy.

But everyone saying that nothing is wrong with alchy when you HAVE to have alchy in your template to compete, is just stupid. Legion, you are right though, one on one fights went on forever if people chugged pots if they were pure mage. But then again, back then people had some honor (even if it is a video game) and would agree not to chug pots in a one on one, and would stick to it even if they died. Which will never happen here because... well... this shard is full of scumbags that just want an easy win at any cost.

So, i'm done beating this dead horse, and hoping this shard turns into what I miss in UO.

It's hopeless.

Hydrofiend;1932082 said:
Like I said, I dont think this change was the way to fix alchy.

But everyone saying that nothing is wrong with alchy when you HAVE to have alchy in your template to compete, is just stupid. Legion, you are right though, one on one fights went on forever if people chugged pots if they were pure mage. But then again, back then people had some honor (even if it is a video game) and would agree not to chug pots in a one on one, and would stick to it even if they died. Which will never happen here because... well... this shard is full of scumbags that just want an easy win at any cost.

So, i'm done beating this dead horse, and hoping this shard turns into what I miss in UO.

It's hopeless.

You're hopeless. Go commit suicide.

You dont NEED alchy to compete, you just plain suck.

Epic-hybrid

Wanderer

love the change, tweak spell damage and bring back insta wands. Rolling around low numbers fighting larger groups might actually be an option now that mass explo pot l wand spams will be gone to some extent.

Epic-hybrid;1932164 said:
love the change, tweak spell damage and bring back insta wands. Rolling around low numbers fighting larger groups might actually be an option now that mass explo pot l wand spams will be gone to some extent.

That's the point. They're not gone. They're only gone if you care about notoriety. Which on this shard is only a few people. Since the only disadvantage for a red on this shard is being able to be attacked in guardzones.

MarcusO

Sorceror

LeGiOn-hybrid;1932168 said:
...Since the only disadvantage for a red on this shard is being able to be attacked in guardzones.

Exactly! Long ago, when more folks did pvp, we used to get grays running through town looking for a fight. These were the "pvp experts" willing to take a chance. The UOG red is the new gray now, and it means nothing to be red.

My view of pvp history looks like this: The guard zones went down, grays disappeared, Del gate battles seriously declined. Loot was nerfed (it's better, but still nerfed) and fewer folks farmed. These changes have to be undone to bring pvp back IMO.

Stides40oz

Knight

Sean-B;1931704 said:
Probably the only thing you've said that I agree with. However, might have stroked his ego with "Has-Been"; that implies he was good at one time.

ya he's more of a "never-was"

LeGiOn-hybrid;1932168 said:
the only disadvantage for a red on this shard is being able to be attacked in guardzones.

that and the fact that you've got 15 desperate blues + another 10 WKD on your ass when you pass only remotely close to del pond...