UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Updates 12/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
u forgot to mention the possible one hit kills with lightning strike using the new ML bows (which is now eliminated) and the close to one hit kills available without ml using lightstrike. This is exellent balance decision by osi and dexxers are still fine, learn how to use other attacks/templates besides being based around one attack, armor ignore. This is osi clone, one way or another all balances are gonna end up on demise, if you people dont like that then why are u on demise? go play another shard that doesnt follow osi, theres plenty out there.

pbguy434

Knight
They should have nerfed that AI crap a long time ago.

Some people should learn that PvP isn't AI AI AI. I hope we can expect this change somewhere in the near future (Since it isn't all too huge), or wait it out a bit and see what OSI does.

pbguy434

Knight
The Mookington said:
oh my god. I did not expect the day to come where i agreed with necroman, or thought xeres said something intelligent (damn good job btw)
Agreeing with Necroman would have to be a first in my book, too. Maybe we are in for a change of events on the Demise forums aswell? Doubt it though.

[Drakull]

Knight
Pbguy434 said:
Agreeing with Necroman would have to be a first in my book, too. Maybe we are in for a change of events on the Demise forums aswell? Doubt it though.
Nah... I remember a lot of times when you both started here coming from TAR where you were both agreeing a lot....;) :p

[Drakull]

Knight
snellbot said:
such as disarm?
Why not? Disarm, blood oath, even the fukiya darts... everything is fine in PvP'ing as long as you can use it to defeat your enemy. Disarm is just another attack (pretty useful sometimes)... specially useful if the enemy does not react fast enough and you can keep hitting an enemy that suddenly has 0 weapon skill ;). Even nicer vs archers ;)

snell

Sorceror
but what is lame is a template that is entirely based around nothing but disarm

necromans dexxer for example

Glasgowx

Wanderer
most dexxers were based on AI so using disarm is much the same thing. I never understand why you guys complain about templates. PVP is PVP. Make a dexxer, make a ninja, make a mage, make a ninja/mage/ or a necro/chef. Thats why UO is so fun you can try out whatever you feel like. Great job the on the patch. Mage still and will always be the best pvp template to use :).

snellbot said:
but what is lame is a template that is entirely based around nothing but disarm

necromans dexxer for example

lol ive got 3 maces i use, only one has disarm. if disarm ownz your char then guess what, change ur template or raise your defence chance and stop crying.
Theres no balancing issues with disarm there is with a 70dmg ai or 100dmg lightninstrike

and as for the 150 stat cap thats not only to nerf dexxer its also to nerf mages a bit, u will see all the int item a mage can get mainly with added ML

Dobster

Wanderer
ASayre8 said:
http://uo.stratics.com It's bene announced and there on OSI for a couple of weeks.

Again, Asayre picks and chooses....use that reply asayre and I'll point out that SE and ML was introduced months before we got (or have even got items). so did I miss the ML items being introduced? or was it just an easy bit of coding to bring in things out of sequence to OSI, therefore not in the spirit of an OSI clone!........It's not the changes that piss me off, I've played since before we had a tram, through all the crap that tram, LBR, AOS, SE and a little of ML has brought. the thing that's kept me from coming back since the DDoS is Asayres holier than thou attitude to the players and if you don't like it go elsewhere tone. As one of the players who donated regularly every 2 weeks as a token of appreciation for the hard work done, I feel I can also be allowed to be honest about the disappontment I feel from the worsening attitude of the Admin. I hope all the donation money went to good use, I shan't be donating again in the foreseeable future!

Dobster, I know what you mean, but ASayre is bearing the weight of all of the moaning and bitching by himself. He could have put this in for a billion reasons. Because it was an easy thing to code (probably 5 minutes to put it in and see if it worked) possibly, and was wanted by many.

Personally, I think he put this change in because it was wanted by the vast majority of older players, the ones who have been around for awhile and donate. It also doesnt affect much those who rarely enter felluca.

On a side note it is possible that ASayre himself has a pvp char, or watches pvp on his admin char, and sees the obvious imbalance. *Though i doubt it*

To me it seems that you all are just trying to find something to bitch about, and its stupid. Ive noticed lately the updates have been kicked into high gear, and we're getting more and more stuff each week. I really appreciate this, even if it doesnt all directly affect me. I want the shard as a whole to grow (Even if only a small % of the population pvps, when the population increases, so does the number of people in that % :p ) and I'm confused when people try to point out every flaw, and be overcritical of the hard work the admins put into this. ASayre is the one in charge of demise, and he controls what happens and doesnt happen. If his attitude is one of "Love it or Leave it", then I totally back him up.

huh

Wanderer
Dobster said:
Again, Asayre picks and chooses....use that reply asayre and I'll point out that SE and ML was introduced months before we got (or have even got items). so did I miss the ML items being introduced? or was it just an easy bit of coding to bring in things out of sequence to OSI, therefore not in the spirit of an OSI clone!........It's not the changes that piss me off, I've played since before we had a tram, through all the crap that tram, LBR, AOS, SE and a little of ML has brought. the thing that's kept me from coming back since the DDoS is Asayres holier than thou attitude to the players and if you don't like it go elsewhere tone. As one of the players who donated regularly every 2 weeks as a token of appreciation for the hard work done, I feel I can also be allowed to be honest about the disappontment I feel from the worsening attitude of the Admin. I hope all the donation money went to good use, I shan't be donating again in the foreseeable future!

and people wonder why psz quit, with all this wonderful support from the players.

I have a dexxer but i dont care about the change, just means i have to change strategy.

[Drakull]

Knight
Dobster said:
As one of the players who donated regularly every 2 weeks as a token of appreciation for the hard work done, I feel I can also be allowed to be honest about the disappontment I feel from the worsening attitude of the Admin. I hope all the donation money went to good use, I shan't be donating again in the foreseeable future!
Dobster, my man, relax: we all love you :) . I don't think that Asayre is being that rude lately. The problem is that there is too much bitching and not that many people to take care of it (it's a hard and ungrateful job sometimes).
Remember that everybody is also having a lot of stuff lately to do other than the shard. If Asayre is studying, he is also in his finals these days, so his time is more than limited. That means that if he is so kind to spare a some of the few minutes of his life where he can have a rest into doing some development for the shard, the changes are going to be a more or less simple thing to do (as a developer myself, I know how much time it can take sometimes to do some of the more complicated stuff and how many places you need sometimes to check to make sure you don't screw things). Also, usually if you have some free time and you have a small (in amount of code) change like this to do, it takes you less time to just do that change in the code than making a note and then try to remember in a different day just because OSI did in a different order. Remember that in OSI we have full-time payed developers which are just paid to do that: developing UO changes, but here we have a "free-time" bunch of developers that are the ones doing the whole job.
I think that is normal that Asayre's answers are starting to be a little bit "shorter and harder", because after psz's left his duties as admin he is the one who has been dealing mostly with all the whining/complaining/bitching in the shard (previously psz was taking a great part in that job).
About expressing dissapointment or disagree with the admins, as long as is done as you do (that's politely), I don't really see the problem. We can agree or not with the changes, but we have also to realize that the last word is the admin's one. If we reasonably expose why we disagree and our reasoning makes sense maybe the admins will make a different decission, as long as the reasons are not something like "now I can't kill someone in two hits, wtf!!!"

dimitrii

Wanderer
@Mook: I have to respectfully disagree with you and think ( or at least hope ) the staff does not value the opinion of older players over the opinion of new comers if its completly opposed by a very very large margin. Old players are no more important than new ones, EVERYONE togheter makes the shard. From all the staff to the guy that created his first account just moments ago, otherwise the shard would fall apart.

No I just think that ASayre8 just decides what gets on first based on difficulty and personal opinion on what the shard needs. Bottom line is that we trust his judgement even if we disagree with him from time to time so there's no reason to try to Justify the fact that he made the decision.

@Huh: Quit being a damn drama queen ok? Everytime even the slightest disagreement with the staff is shown, even if its respectfull, everyone starts whining about how psz left.

I will tell you this: I honestly think psz knew exactly what he was getting into, its what comes with just about any position of authority there is. If he decided he didnt have to take it thats fine, but he is no Martyr or Hero and not are we all villians and pricks because of it.

Seriously do I agree with everything dobster said? Im not sure. But one thing I DO know is that, like i said earlier, we ALL make the shard possible, and yes that includes even the most annoying players like me. Without people playing it there would be no shard, without new people the shard would die out. So there are certain rules that must be followed, I think that is quite fine. Yes the staff does this for free, and they have to put up with alot, but if they do it, it most be because they find at least SOME form of gratitication and that wouldnt be possible without the players, all the players.

So please stop with the beatification of psz everytime someone disagree's with the staff.

A

ASayre

When OSI gives me all the pertient info and gumps and stuffs and all the formulas and all the data needed and all the exact effects and everything re: ML, you can be sure they'll be in quickly too.

As others have said, this change was simple and easy, and OSI announced all the details of it well in advance, and all those details were full and complete.

As far as the 'holier than thou' attitude, I disagree. But I also stick true to what this shard IS. an OSI clone, and things always eventually get put in. If I have a higher allegience to the 'mantra' of the shard, that may be true. But on evey occasion wher eI'm changing something that's not dictated by OSI, I've polled the players, and I've polled the staff. S/w change anyone? I persoanlly prefer it even later, but this is what the staff and players want.

As Drakull said, there's nothing WRONG with disagreement and saying something. The difference is in how constructive something is. saying somethign is Broken I dont' liek it, I'm going to quit like soem of the earlier people in this thread, that doesn't help a bit. A well thought out response with whys and hows, THAT gets considered.

If my responses to some posts are harsh and brash, I don't have the time anymore to write out big long posts like these every time someone disagrees. Yes, Finals was this week, yes, Xmas is coming and I have about 3 days to do Xmas shopping and I haven't started, yes I am leaving for the holidays in.. 3 days, Yes, there are curently other personal issues in my life that are turning everything upside down that aren't for public knowledge.

pbguy434

Knight
How about you guys complain more.

I have been anticipating this update for a while now. So I am very glad to see it in.

Dobster. Think about it before you post. Would you rather code in a few caps, or code in all ML items. You have the option to create a frikken Elf character (albeit with no bonuses), so stop complaining.

Heck, I remember you bitching at my idea of having an all-day Server War a while back. You reason? Its not on OSI. So now that Asayre is implementing something on OSI, you freak out. And as I said, how about you whine some more.

*Edit*
Asayre posted while I was typing, so I'll edit this agreeing with him 100%.

will-demise

Knight
taht realy

That new Udapte suck like the hell!!
Now my dexter suck and mage own very much

why u dont put all Normal like the real UO ur fucking all the system that suck!

Srry but i realy dont like the new!

pbguy434

Knight
Sorry, your dexxer always sucked.

And this IS like the real UO. How about you try PvPing with half-skill.

And learn to type, I hope you are joking.

Status
Not open for further replies.