UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Updates 12/14

Status
Not open for further replies.

lokkz

Wanderer
And Vin...

make mages and even it out?

i wanna see you playing mage vs mage, when ur 500ms ping and other mage is 125ms ping... its just no chance.

Vin-demise

Wanderer
I dont have 500ms, and im just saying that uo can be flexible (switching templates). You can still play the game, but i guess if you only want to play dexxers, then the changes probably ruined everything for you. Well, goodluck man.

Well first, this kind of reaction is probably why psz quit..2nd why are you guys complaining??? Its a free shard, it advertises to be like OSI so no shock there when things are changed to reflect. I'm sorry to all the dexxers who feel screwed because they now cant take something out with 2 hits. :rolleyes: *sarcasm included*

snell

Sorceror
try using a kryss, doesnt do much more than 35 damage ai anyway

what about perfection?

are items such as ancient samurai helm / royal leggings of embers going to be put in?

WarriorMan

Wanderer
i like the 35 cap i have 70's and if i get hit with an amor ignore it pretty much all over for me so this is a good thing

Trey-demise

Wanderer
I dont see why you guys are complaining this was a needed balance for awhile. What the hell did you guys do before aos and couldnt have 200 dex... Hell, what does everyone seem to do when a new UO expansion comes out.. Adapts to it. A new patch people adapt. I remember when there wasn't caps on anything and there for 5/6 pvp mages. When that got capped people adapted. Just change your template a bit and you can still compete. Hell I used to play a dexxer on osi along with my mage (mage more though) but I didnt have a 200 dex dexxer who did 100 dmg a hit I had a decent one with around 125 potted to 150 dex and guess what.. I didnt even use bandaids or spiritspeak to heal... Pots and Confidence and hp regen armour works well too for those complaining about 4 second bandaids and at 150 dex aids will still be damn fast. Also if an AI Dexxer is doing 35 dmg a hit and consecutive AIs instead of 2 hits to kill somone it'll still only take 4. OHh man thats soo much harder you might actually have to defend yourself not instead of hide stealth sneak up boom boom dead

dimitrii

Wanderer
When that got capped people adapted.

Not without kicking and screaming along the way. The only difference is that people at EA gets paid to put up with such things and Demise staff does it out either love of the game or pure masochism.

G8Keeper

Wanderer
One change I think that should have been implemented and would balance things out is if they made base spell casting speed determined by dexterity/stamina. As it is now warriors require all 3 stats due to special attacks based on mana. Mages only require 2 stats, giving them an advantage. Another advantage mages have is spells never miss. when even magic arrow does at least 5 dmg against 70 resist, and explosions and ebolts doing mid 20's from the average mage, warrior life is hard. It has already been stated that mages have won almost all the tournies here. With all the DCI equipment and taking a single combat skill any mage can almost nullify a warrior, as at best a warrior will hit 50% of the time. I have tried playing a mage and I get owned by everyone, but then I have never really like playing mages to begin with. With a warrior I seem to get owned by mages more often than not, as I can't hit frequently enough to consistently interrupt them or heal myself with a life leach weapon in vampiric form. AI is mana intensive enough that it is pretty rare for any warrior to be able to chain them, an even the elitist will typically be able to do 2 AI max before being out of mana.

It has been a mages world for some time now, which is why my PVP has been limited to tournies for fun on demise, and why I gave up on PVP on OSI. I will say the above changes are a step toward balance but much more still needs to be done.

A

ASayre

Volodya said:
Demise staff does it out either love of the game or pure masochism.

A combination of stubborness and stupidity and insanity. ;D

[Drakull]

Knight
G8Keeper said:
AI is mana intensive enough that it is pretty rare for any warrior to be able to chain them, an even the elitist will typically be able to do 2 AI max before being out of mana.

Not really: a stealthy archer with ninjitsu 50 (following template)
120 archery, 120 anatomy, 120 tactics, 80 hide,80 stealth,50 ninjitsu and remaining points in healing can perfectly have higher int than normal "meleer's" and hit with AI,get out of war mode, use a smoke bomb and keep going... (not real need for that high speed either as it's a surprise move to just catch people with lower hp).
If you are a normal melee fighter, and you are fighting a mage, I don't think it would be fair for you either that after receiving an explosion from the mage (or maybe two) you were able to get killed by the stealthy archer that was just waiting for his opportunity hidden from just 1 hit that takes more than 70 or 80 of your hp....

Ok.. quick question.. DO ANY OF THE PEOPLE COMPLAINING PVP?

Whats that? Only a quarter? Hrmm... go figure. Shit happens. Things change. Mages DO have to change their templates. Theres not a single mage on the shard whos template is invincible and has never been changed. NO ONE on the shard has a 10 MR suit with 70s. NO ONE on the shard has a suit with 180 int and 70s. Hell, if im not mistaken, the best mage suit on the shard (In possession of shake) is only like +32 mana, total, including the +int from the hat of magi. Even BEFORE this patch, no one had more than 160 INT because there arent items LIKE the jackals that give +15 int, and there are few FC/FCR jewels WITH +int in a decent amount.

So.. lemme get this straight. All of your pvp skill relys on ONE weapon ability? Pathetic. You talk about owning people, and all you can do is AI? Learn some strategy... try... MORTAL WOUND (WTF I CANT HEAL) or... CONCUSSION BLOW (bye bye mage with low mana), or maybe even DOUBLESTRIKE (did you know that my ninja has 70 mana, no tactics, and uses axe of the heavens and STILL manages to pull off 60 dmg hits with double strike?) Or you know that one attack that those ninjas have... focus strike? Yeah, that works. Or death strike. (This ability aggravates me too even more than the AI whores, but there is no cap on that.. soo....) Now if every person complaining here wasnt already a ninja, I'd end there. BUT. Almost everyone here IS a ninja, so ill continue:

Necromancy - Yeah, this skill exists. With the fact that your 200 dex is useless, ditch some of those ubar itamz and get some +int items instead. Yeah, good idea huh? Thats sorta how my ninja has 70 mana. OR... DROP YOUR DEX, AND RAISE YOUR INT. Had 200 dex before? Drop your REAL dex (before equipment) by 50, and raise int by 50. HOLY HELL YOU HAVE 80 INTELLIGENCE AND CAN NOW USE MORE THAN AI. Here's a tactic that only 2/10000 warriors know: Strangle, bleed, AI, painspike. IT WORKS.

Bushido - I havent seen a person who uses this skill for more than confidence and lightning strike, and thats just wrong. Did anyone besides me read the definitions for the other abilities you get with this skill? If not, i'll clarify what i mean... EVASION CAN PARRY SPELLS. Yea.. you know those "evil" explos/ebolt combos? PARRY IT. Wow, go figure. Any other skills worth using? Hell yeah! So you're fighting another warrior. You lack your AIs and 1.25 sec swing speed... COUNTER. ATTACK. Thats kinda obvious.

Or you can get creative... Just because there is a cap on DIRECT damage (armor ignore/lightning strike specifically) does not mean there is a cap on damage period. So your 120 tactics/120 anatomy chars are still useful. How you might ask? DISARM. When you disarm someone, they are left with wrestling as a defensive skill.. with your oh-so-leet 120 weaponskill vs their 0 weapon skill, you hit every blow. If you're one of the ones with 120 tact/anat/100 DI, you can probably do MORE damage without AI than with it, so shaddap.

Or mix your templates together:

Archer/Mage: Sure, might seem like it wont work.. but just because you cant do 60 dmg AIs doesnt mean you shouldnt try a 35 DMG AI coupled with spells. Oh, by the way, mages have been able to do this for a long time anyways, so deal with it.

Samurai/Ninja/Archer: Yeah, strange, ill admit, but now you dont NEED all of the tactics to be massively effective. bushido/ninjitsu/archery/anatomy/healing/MEDorFOCUS/parry... it isnt hard to see the implications.

Whatever, im tired of typing this :p

Dobster

Wanderer
ASayre8 said:
Kunoichi, meet door. Door, meet Kunoichi.

Bitch at OSI if you don't like it. It's only been announced on stratics too for about 2 weeks.

(oh, and I have to say, I do personally agree with the change.)

WOW, harsh in the least. I'm not gonna bitch, just personally am surprised that this was introduced without announcement, not done in the normal friendly open nature this shard sed to have. Such is life, things change, I just think it's a shame there isn't any dialogue from the Admins these days other than "stop bitching" and "if you don't like it leave". Such as above.

I'm just sad rather than pissed off, we used to play in such a friendly place. Now we're the sort of place that recieves comments like the quote above and forces PSZ to leave. *Goes off to the corner and sobs for the old days*

:confused: :rolleyes: :eek: :mad: :( :( :(

[Drakull]

Knight
Dobster said:
WOW, harsh in the least. I'm not gonna bitch, just personally am surprised that this was introduced without announcement, not done in the normal friendly open nature this shard sed to have. Such is life, things change, I just think it's a shame there isn't any dialogue from the Admins these days other than "stop bitching" and "if you don't like it leave". Such as above.
Things that are going to get "trouble" to be accepted don't usually get announced (remember the issue with the kasa's blessing). It just saves a lot of people complaining before the changes trying to avoid them (a lot more than after having the change done)

A

ASayre

Dobster said:

I'm just sad rather than pissed off, we used to play in such a friendly place. Now we're the sort of place that recieves comments like the quote above and forces PSZ to leave. *Goes off to the corner and sobs for the old days*

:confused: :rolleyes: :eek: :mad: :( :( :(

http://uo.stratics.com It's bene announced and there on OSI for a couple of weeks.

dimitrii

Wanderer
Along with many other things like ML which are not in. Im not trying to argue and i certainly dont care if changes roll unanounced but I think that dobster is just saying that even if the changes were announced by OSI we had no warning and didnt knew whenever they were gonna be on Demise 1 day or 1 year after OSI puts them in.

But well i probably shouldnt play devils advocate anyway so dont mind me.

my $0.02 on this issue

since I have yet to chime in with my $0.02....here ya go.

Yes the 35 DMG cap radically changed the way PvP works. You can't have a charater for a week throw some dex arties on and have an instant PvPer. This is coming from someone who jumped on the AI whore wagon too. Players will have to adapt their style to the changes. I'm seeing a mass exodus of dex items hitting the market as everyone runs to the nearest ninja mage training facility. Personally, I've tweaked my armor and template a bit to take advantage of these new changes. I have no plans to abandon my dexxer, and he is still using pugs, jacks, vile, and a decent dex brace.

One of the reasons UO has stayed popular for so long is that it is constantly changing and evolving. New stuff is added, game mechanics are tweaked, bugs fixed. All of these things will eventually lead to more changes and tweaks.

Personally, I agree with the change as well. AIs were way over powered. 2 hit kills? come on. I know 2 hit kills are completely possible too since Nos and I did the AI whorin in the last tourny, and won the 2v2 brackets mind you. we took out everyone in 2-3 hits tops, with both of us AIing....it wasn't a fair or balanced fight. Thats what this change is aimed at, bringing balance back to PvP.

Some call it nerf, others call it balance. But the game will continue to evolve, all we can do is adapt to it...or be left in the current.

Peace...

Status
Not open for further replies.