UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Updates 12/14

Status
Not open for further replies.

[Drakull]

Knight
ASayre8 said:
When OSI gives me all the pertient info and gumps and stuffs and all the formulas and all the data needed and all the exact effects and everything re: ML, you can be sure they'll be in quickly too.
Could things like screen captures of the different gumps and the different new items (so you can see their properties) from people playing in OSI help? Any particular shard from OSI the data has to come from? (Maybe the ones playing in OSI could help with this ;) ).
ASayre8 said:
Yes, Finals was this week, yes, Xmas is coming and I have about 3 days to do Xmas shopping and I haven't started, yes I am leaving for the holidays in.. 3 days, Yes, there are curently other personal issues in my life that are turning everything upside down that aren't for public knowledge.
Hey, man... I understand perfectly the situation ;) I was having my finals this week too.... plus I'm still having my work, plus things like a car accident and having my car in repairs probably until begining of next year (it will take them that long), plus having still to go shopping for christmas too .... :)
I hope that you finals were at least well and that you enjoy those holidays by resting a little bit. :)

[Drakull]

Knight
will said:
That new Udapte suck like the hell!!
Now my dexter suck and mage own very much
why u dont put all Normal like the real UO ur fucking all the system that suck!
Srry but i realy dont like the new!
As it has been said 100 times already (more or less):
"all normal like the real UO" : this update has been done precisely to match the setting in the real UO. Check in Stratics if you don't believe me (update 38).
If your dexer sux is nothing to do with the update but probably with the tactics you use (if your only tactic was hide and when seeing an enemy with half his life use AI on him... well... maybe you will have to work a little bit more now to kill an enemy than making 70+ damage in just one hit). Try modifying your dexer or learning how to use other attacks.

It's an argument as old as UO itself. Invariably, one template has an advantage over others, and when OSI fixes it, that template is replaced by another. These fixes are usually accompanied by mass b****ing and whining by most of the players who used the template on the receiving end of the fix. But, in a few weeks, after realizing that this is the way it is going to be for a while, everyone who was going to leave UO for good has left, the moaning has died down, and life continues on as normal. That is, until OSI goes for the next step in balancing PvP for everyone. Players on OSI and Free shards the world over have been wanting better PvP ever since AOS, so now OSI is trying to deliver that, and, by extension, so is Demise. Personal feelings aside, I figure OSI will try to do what is best for the game in the long run. How do they know what is best for the game, you may ask. Well, they can't be TOO ignorant, because there's still a lot of people who pay them to play UO. Which means a lot of money for them and a very sizeable amount of feedback. Which allows them to see a bigger picture and gives them the resources to tweak things here and there while absorbing all the flak they will invariably get. All that to say, just chill, it's gonna be OK. I'm sorry your favorite move/template has lost some power, but you can only add so much power to the game via artifacts and items and powerscrolls before something has to give. This time, it was AI and the stat cap. Next time, who knows?

Dobster

Wanderer
Pbguy434 said:
Dobster. Think about it before you post. Would you rather code in a few caps, or code in all ML items. You have the option to create a frikken Elf character (albeit with no bonuses), so stop complaining.

Heck, I remember you bitching at my idea of having an all-day Server War a while back. You reason? Its not on OSI. So now that Asayre is implementing something on OSI, you freak out. And as I said, how about you whine some more.

I think you'll find PB that I have put my last post together AFTER thinking about it, I don't consider it a whine, it is an opinion, and unless you live your life with your head stuck up somebody's butt, you will occasionally like and dislike things that anyone does and I have no problem in expressing that in a forum environment, as a forum, in essence is designed for an exchange of views. As i said I have no problem with the changes, if it's OSI, it should be here. That was not my point. My point was I would like to see things implemented in the order OSI implements things (unless it's an important exploit fix or bug, which is understandable), even if it means waiting a while for the smaller updates whilst the bigger things are coded. and as for the comments about asayre, I feel no need to repeat them it was my opinion, which (unless we joined a society where free speech and opinion is banned) asayre has taken time out to politely reply to and give the reasons which contradicts my original post, and I thank him for taking the time to do this.

Dathras

Sorceror
Wow, I am surprised to see so many making the comments they made.

I guess most of you that made these comments are fairly new to UO.

Over the last 8-9 years, there have been too many changes like this to evenbegin to mention. And every time they are made, then the affected class complains about the change.

Over the last several years, mages, tamers, dexxers and even crafters have been nerfed.

Part of the reason that OSI gives out 5 character slots to build characters on, is the fact that you will have more then one character to play.

I suggest many of you make additional characters that you learn to play besides your dexxer.

Rhun-demise

Wanderer
Hurray for mages..!!

I played a 200 dex monkey for a while and no.. it doesn't take any skill at all. Even if such a dexxer does nothing but heal it's very hard to take him down with a mage, and dexxer vs dexxer is usually a battle without end..
As for the AI, I've always considered it THE lamest way to pvp, even more lame then dropping an ev or a revenant..
Ai > Hit once > Ai > Death.. wowo nice skills :(

Good job Asayre!!

[Drakull]

Knight
Kumagoro said:
Actually, it's a battle toll "who will lag first" or "who will run out of bandages first"
Or before the changes: who will be attacked by an archer stealther with Armor Ignore while fighting first...

Status
Not open for further replies.