UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Update - 5/17/2008

WaRgAzM

Knight
Re: Update - 5/17/2008

I didn't know explo flagged directly on cast. Thought it was when it hit.
Learn somthin new everyday.

Stides40oz

Knight

WaRgAzM;1678291 said:
I didn't know explo flagged directly on cast. Thought it was when it hit.
Learn somthin new everyday.

i dont think it does. Otherwise people couldnt run out of delpond break your reflect then run back in.

Mark

Knight

Stides;1678292 said:
i dont think it does. Otherwise people couldnt run out of delpond break your reflect then run back in.

I was pretty sure Krrios made a change a while ago to prevent people from targeting explosion and recalling out of town. I could be wrong though.

Stides40oz

Knight

Mark;1678296 said:
I was pretty sure Krrios made a change a while ago to prevent people from targeting explosion and recalling out of town. I could be wrong though.

yea i just tested it.. it definately doesnt flag till the explode spell actually hits u

Christoff

Wanderer

Er, I don't quite understand.

Does this mean blues can run around using MS and EQ against red guilds and opposing factioners?

Mark

Knight

Christoff;1678299 said:
Er, I don't quite understand.

Does this mean blues can run around using MS and EQ against red guilds and opposing factioners?

Yes, just like always.

Mark

Knight

Stides;1678298 said:
yea i just tested it.. it definately doesnt flag till the explode spell actually hits u

It must have gotten yoinked. Oh well.

tbkiah

Wanderer

Stides;1678298 said:

that must have changed recently... because i've tried it before.. and it would make it so you couldn't excape through recal... you wouldn't be "flagged" but you couldn't recall...

i like these changes... but honestly it is pretty trammy... if you made it so blues hit blues using EQ/MS it would be better... the explosion pot idea could stay.... but i really think blues should hit blues with AoE....

BTW this won't hinder EQ because they will likely just get blues instead... this does hinder PKG though... not a bad thing...

I still think blues need to hit blues with AOE.... it's trammy to focus it on reds...

Can blues hjit their guildmates with AoE? if not... i think you guys made a really stupid change... no offense.. but it's just dumb to have it go against reds...

Stides40oz

Knight

Mark;1678302 said:
It must have gotten yoinked. Oh well.

i dunno i kinda like how it is tbh. U Can kill people who stand 2 tiles inside guardzone talking shit to u just trying to annoy u. but not too overpowered like tossing explo pots at recalling party friends

Orthaux

Sorceror

Mark;1678282 said:
So you are saying that it is too hard to be a murderer compared to an innocent? I'm not quite sure I understand your argument.

Not at all, considering most of my kill counts come from while I am in town these updates have little effect on me. I don't think there's anything as 'too hard'. As I said before I think granting a huge advantage to 'blue' players like not having to worry about 15 targets inside their AoE (while 'reds' do) is softening the 'sharp edges' that would otherwise show them that PvP is (like you said) hard. And anything granting one group of players an advantage over another group is usualy considered unfair by most people.

Mark;1678286 said:
The explosion spell requires mana, requires the target to be visible, and it flags you as aggressor when you target the spell instead of when the damage is done (this means you could get whacked on target with the spell, good luck getting away).

Once again, no disrespect intended Mark but since you aren't flagged untill after the damage hits, what is the difference between a xpot and the explode spell with it's 3 second delay?

boosalsa

Wanderer

look at all the something awful noobs swarm the forums to try and get their EQ MS back haha.

Christoff

Wanderer

boosalsa;1678325 said:
look at all the something awful noobs swarm the forums to try and get their EQ MS back haha.

Not really a big deal. We're just going to play blues and we can do the same thing?

And fight oranges and whatever few red are left....

I'm not entirely happy about the changes but I do think they were well thought out and not just a knee jerk reaction to the cry babies on the boards.

If it had to be changed I believe they went the best route.

SirVival

Wanderer

If your going to do this I think it should effect both blues and reds the same. This isn't going to help promote pvp on the server since there will be less reds because of this, well atleast our factioners won't be red anymore.

Mark;1678226 said:
It doesn't mean goodbye. It just means all the MS/EQ gank squads will probably be on blue characters killing murderers. The murderers who want to continue to EQ/MS gank will just have to get a little bit of skill.

So, this wont affect faction pvp in the grand scheme of things. Maybe other measures can be suggested.....less dmg dealt by AOE spells. Possibly, some form of anti-AOE resolution?

francois!

Wanderer

LOL i love it. you guys realize that nothing is really going to change so you start talking about taking out AoE all together. all we have to do now is just log into our red guys to kill your newbie tamers at del savage fort and kill you with eq/ms on our blue factioners.

i need to knock the dust off of my pker anyway.

tbkiah

Wanderer

you gonna log on your reds to kill newbie tamers? omg you are so cool can i be like you when i grow up?

Formater

Knight

MrBrightside;1678234 said:
nerfing? this is how it was about a year ago, he just changed it back.

edit: actually even blues hit blues before, at least he's cutting them a little slack

QFT

Thank you Mark. You rock!