UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Update - 5/17/2008

boosalsa

Wanderer
Re: Update - 5/17/2008

good change mostly, i dont really care about pots in town. i'm not even red, EQ/MS is prolly raging now though. god forbid you noobs have to actually sync people to kill them now. haha.

Mark

Knight

SouthernPride2;1678256 said:
It just doesnt make sense if your gonna do a change like that and get rid of faction fielding except for the few 5v5's in del and the east side of the world pvp early morning.... doesnt sound very good for the server as a whole =)

This really doesn't affect factioning at all. You won't get a kill count from meteor swarming a house hiding opposing faction (something that was considered when making this change). If you have less than 5 kills this won't change a single thing for you.

If you can't play hard, stay below 5.

Mark;1678255 said:
Criticism is welcome, accusations are not.

I said my criticism, but I'll reiterate. It's directly aimed at mitigating a certain group of players while another change helps a different group of players.

And no, this isn't going back to "the way it was."

Mark

Knight

francois!;1678262 said:
I don't understand the undercurrent of hostility toward part of your player base. You are making changes and mock us before we even respond by telling us that we'll have to gain some skill at the game and tell us that we're whining if we express any kind of dissatisfaction with the changes.

I would expect this kind of talk from random people in the faction forum, but not moderators, current, temporary, and past, as well as Mark.

Make a post with some thought behind it and you won't get mocked.

Like I said: Criticism and discourse is fine, accusations and whining is not.

Orthaux

Sorceror

Mark;1678238 said:
I'm flattered that this change made you so sad that you actually made an account just to post that.

Orthaux - Join Date: May 2007

:) flattered though

no disrespect intended Mark, I just feel that by making it so a certain type of player can or can't do something is one step closer to trammifying. I once heard Hybrid refered to as the 'anti-trammel' shard, it just seems that there's alot of sharp edges being covered for infant player protection.

Innex said:
But are you serious? Nerfing? Those spells were "broken" imo. An AE spell should never avoid people in the AE radius.

MrBrightside said:
nerfing? this is how it was about a year ago, he just changed it back.

edit: actually even blues hit blues before, at least he's cutting them a little slack

When they made it so an AoE can't attack a target in the area, I call that nerfing. The way it was when it would target anyone in the area was when the spells were 'right' and 'fair'. Making it so one group or another are immune is unbalanced.

boosalsa

Wanderer

mark, honestly dont let these guys bother you. they are just crying because now the 10 man EQ MS zerg they have online all the time will take A LITTLE more skill, cause they will take damage from the random bullshit AOE they spam.

so just a heads up for you, thats the only reason they are crying.

Mark

Knight

Prodigy-hybrid;1678266 said:
I said my criticism, but I'll reiterate. It's directly aimed at mitigating a certain group of players while another change helps a different group of players.

Your initial post suggested that I made a change that will affect thousands of players for my sole benefit.

It did not contain any protein. It was all fat, sugar, and oil.

Stides40oz

Knight

Prodigy-hybrid;1678266 said:

yea it helps players with skill and doesnt help noobs

Orthaux

Sorceror

Mark;1678246 said:
2. Murderers could throw potions into moongate areas and run off screen over and over again.

Also, again, no disrespect Mark, but what is the difference between a xpot and the explode spell with it's 3 second delay?

Mark

Knight

Orthaux;1678272 said:
When they made it so an AoE can't attack a target in the area, I call that nerfing. The way it was when it would target anyone in the area was when the spells were 'right' and 'fair'. Making it so one group or another are immune is unbalanced.

So you are saying that it is too hard to be a murderer compared to an innocent? I'm not quite sure I understand your argument.

Mark;1678276 said:
Your initial post suggested that I made a change that will affect thousands of players for my sole benefit.

It did not contain any protein. It was all fat, sugar, and oil.

It helps the templates that your friends play, and hurts those they fight against. The non PvP/factioners won't notice any difference, but the principle is still there.

It is a change thats directed at a certain group of people, and then there are additional bonuses to others not in that specific group. The obviousness of who the changes affect is what I am criticizing - either go all out with the changes or don't make any at all. Instead, it's a happy change to only one set of people.

Stides: The "elite" determine whats noob or not? Thanks for setting the standard dude!

Edit: Fix it by making purple pots thrown in town by blues will hit other blues. That's fixing AoE right?

vursed

Wanderer

SouthernPride2;1678248 said:
If you dont like our tactics why dont u just go ahead and remove aoe spells from the server?

should go back to what you were meant to be, a blue

Mark

Knight

Orthaux;1678281 said:
Also, again, no disrespect Mark, but what is the difference between a xpot and the explode spell with it's 3 second delay?

The explosion spell requires mana, requires the target to be visible, and it flags you as aggressor when you target the spell instead of when the damage is done (this means you could get whacked on target with the spell, good luck getting away).

Stides40oz

Knight

2 Q's

Hey does this mean that red factioners can throw pots in town at opposing factioners and not worry about guard wacks?

You said that exp pots from reds would not harm innocent players in town. Does this also effect innocent pets and npcs?

Mark

Knight

Stides;1678287 said:
2 Q's

Hey does this mean that red factioners can throw pots in town at opposing factioners and not worry about guard wacks?

You said that exp pots from reds would not harm innocent players in town. Does this also effect innocent pets and npcs?

Red factioners in town would see an opposing faction as a combatant and explosion potions would do damage.

Pets and NPCs would not be damaged if they were non-combatants. Pets generally follow the notoriety of the owner.

Mark;1678286 said:
The explosion spell requires mana, requires the target to be visible, and it flags you as aggressor when you target the spell instead of when the damage is done (this means you could get whacked on target with the spell, good luck getting away).

it happens alot though.... like at del a few nights ago pkg ran up and like 4 of them exp me and got out befor guards could be called

alot of times u have no idea they targeted u untill it hits u

i still like the changes just saying

Stides40oz

Knight

Mark;1678288 said:
Red factioners in town would see an opposing faction as a combatant and explosion potions would do damage.

Pets and NPCs would not be damaged if they were non-combatants. Pets generally follow the notoriety of the owner.

Cool so this actually buffs reds. Seems like a fair balance with the other changes.