UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

UOGamers Logo needed

Corrado

Sorceror
Re: UOGamers Logo needed

beelzebub;1919682 said:

another.

This is outstanding! This version is better that your second.

Ryan

UOGamers Founder
Staff member

The email address has been fixed - all submissions must be submitted in the rule outline. In the event ryan @ uogamers.com does not work you can use ryan @ runuo.com :)

Thanks!

Kedaeus_Sendre

Sorceror

beelzebub;1919776 said:
he wants a logo that can be used for print or web.

Ahh, I may have been confused on my submission.. I thought it was a "header" for the bland forums pages. [e chuckles

Either way.. my son liked it.. So I won his his heart... Guess that's all that matters in the end.

CBW

Sorceror
UOGamers

Very cool contest & this is my entry.

UOGamers Hybrid Logo

I used paint for the basic feel, cut & paste as well, brings out the fatty pixel & the factions with old time characters. Classic.

Not knowing the size, throwing it up for feed back Vote 4 Me

Fiesta

Wanderer

Sorry didnt realize it would be illegal to use the original ankh. So i edited my work.

To match the color scheme of forums :

A new one:

Vek

Sorceror

I think its my best logo yet....

Attachments

• logopro.jpg
    logopro.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 356

a lawyer

Sorceror

beelzebub;1919746 said:
well, EA doesnt own the rights to using a "U" and an "O" in a vertical layout, its the shape/style of their logo that you cant legally recreate. you CAN use a U above an O, but it cant be the same image

Correct. For EA to bring a cause of action for copyright infringement they would have to show the purported infringement was 'substantially' similar (among other things). What this means is dependent on several factors. It really comes down to the individual court and what method of determining substantial similarity they apply. It really is a fine line between creativity and substantial similarity. If I were going to make a design i'd err on the side of caution.

edit: oops

The information contained in this post does not constitute legal advice and is intended for informational purposes only.