UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

UOGamers Logo needed

Ryan

UOGamers Founder
Staff member
UOGamers Logo needed

As many of you have noticed - we need a logo... and we need one in a very bad way. I would like to get together a bunch of player logos so that we can get a vote going on the ones we deem to be the best. I'd like to find something inspired by the following (click read to see more) or move to the next post. The selected logo gets a castle in game!

Deadline: 7/18/2009
Submission Format: .ai or .psd (other acceptable with approval) zipped and emailed to [email protected] with any applicable fonts (if needed)
Art Type Desired: Anything... just need a kick ass logo!

In the event you feel you have a significant entry but cannot hit the deadline - let me know I can extend it... the deadline is not a hard stop.

Ryan

UOGamers Founder
Staff member
Re: UOGamers Logo needed

I'd like something inspired by this:

Large version here:

http://mythicmktg.fileburst.com/uo/uosa/images/wallpapers/UO-SA_ankh_standard.jpg

Thanks,
Ryan

Ryan

UOGamers Founder
Staff member

Should be able to scale from poster to icon :)

LKP

Forum Member of the year 09'

I have some ideas. I hope I'll have time to make something before the deadline, though. It's been a while since I've done any graphics.

herakles

Sorceror

What are we able to use for words and such other than like

UOGamers Hybrid like do you want a descriptions, player amounts, any colors you would prefer, contact and website information?

fortyninex

Wanderer

Hey Ryan, a few questions...

Is there an email address that entries should be sent to, or should they just be posted?

The original UO logo, in which the letters are connected vertically... do we have permission to use that image? Including the original UO logo may be a violation of copyright laws. I know for a fact the people at OSI already cant be happy with the huge party we are having here at UOGamers Hybrid... I wouldn't want a designer to throw that image in your logo, have you throw that logo up on your site, then have a pending lawsuit over design copyrights...

If we would like to enter the contest with 2 related images, (One poster size, One icon size), is that allowed or do you strictly want to have one universal image that can be shrunk to the icon size. I'm a graphic designer specializing in business identity and logo design, and if this project was proposed to me by a serious client, that is something i would suggest.

Oh yea, and has a deadline been stated? Might have missed it...

If I come up with any other questions Ill be back.
Thanks

Nashces

Wanderer

fortyninex;1919651 said:
Hey Ryan, a few questions...

Is there an email address that entries should be sent to, or should they just be posted?

The original UO logo, in which the letters are connected vertically... do we have permission to use that image? Including the original UO logo may be a violation of copyright laws. I know for a fact the people at OSI already cant be happy with the huge party we are having here at UOGamers Hybrid... I wouldn't want a designer to throw that image in your logo, have you throw that logo up on your site, then have a pending lawsuit over design copyrights...

If we would like to enter the contest with 2 related images, (One poster size, One icon size), is that allowed or do you strictly want to have one universal image that can be shrunk to the icon size. I'm a graphic designer specializing in business identity and logo design, and if this project was proposed to me by a serious client, that is something i would suggest.

Oh yea, and has a deadline been stated? Might have missed it...

If I come up with any other questions Ill be back.
Thanks

Graphic designer???

Sigh It's over folks they just brought in a Ringer !!!

Can i be co-owned at your castle?

Was fun while it lasted :)

serenityuo

Sorceror

I'll make 10 or so thumbnails for you to take a look at.

I've been doing graphics design for about 10 years, I've made 100s of logos ranging from Games, to Construction companies. I am also a Graphics Design student, and Love UOGamers.

I am 100% professional, and I will send you a few thumbnails shortly.

I already have a few ideas. ;)

What e-mail address should I send the samples to?

beelzebub

Knight

legally, you cant use any graphical part of the original UO logo. this would be called Copyright Infringement.

By designing something that can be used as a poster, or on the web, you all need to either design your graphic in a (minimum) 300 dpi. Technically for a job of this type, you should be designing it as a Vector image.

I'll have a few designs posted shortly.