UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

UOGamers Logo needed

fortyninex

Wanderer
Re: UOGamers Logo needed

cool stuff.
i would have been graphically satisfied with the second one, but its awesome this is getting turning this into a contesttt.

Where do we send the thumbnailssss guys

beelzebub

Knight

another.

Ryan

UOGamers Founder
Staff member

fortyninex;1919651 said:
Hey Ryan, a few questions...

Is there an email address that entries should be sent to, or should they just be posted?

All logos (and I'll update the main post) should be submitted to [email protected] including all necessary fonts and the .psd. They should also be posted to this site for public viewing so that people can comment on them.

fortyninex;1919651 said:
The original UO logo, in which the letters are connected vertically... do we have permission to use that image? Including the original UO logo may be a violation of copyright laws. I know for a fact the people at OSI already cant be happy with the huge party we are having here at UOGamers Hybrid... I wouldn't want a designer to throw that image in your logo, have you throw that logo up on your site, then have a pending lawsuit over design copyrights...

We cannot use the original UO logo... but you can draw inspiration from it. Likewise for UO art... it cannot and should not be used.

fortyninex;1919651 said:
If we would like to enter the contest with 2 related images, (One poster size, One icon size), is that allowed or do you strictly want to have one universal image that can be shrunk to the icon size. I'm a graphic designer specializing in business identity and logo design, and if this project was proposed to me by a serious client, that is something i would suggest.

I'm fine with this either way... it doesnt really matter..

fortyninex;1919651 said:
Oh yea, and has a deadline been stated? Might have missed it...

If I come up with any other questions Ill be back.
Thanks

The deadline is really not a hard one but I'll say by the end of next week to start. If I don't get something worth using by then we'll move it out :)

Vek

Sorceror

Here are some logos i have im not sure if theyre what your looking for but i think some of them are pretty cool :)

Had trouble uploading sorry if the pics are small.

Attachments

• alllogos.jpg
    alllogos.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 496

Ryan

UOGamers Founder
Staff member

serenityuo;1919655 said:
I'll make 10 or so thumbnails for you to take a look at.

I've been doing graphics design for about 10 years, I've made 100s of logos ranging from Games, to Construction companies. I am also a Graphics Design student, and Love UOGamers.

I am 100% professional, and I will send you a few thumbnails shortly.

I already have a few ideas. ;)

What e-mail address should I send the samples to?

See my edited post at the top :)

Vek

Sorceror

I tried emailing my logos but it didnt work :(

Well the images are a couple posts up anyways :thumbup:

PwnStar

Sorceror

How close are we allowed to get to the orginal UO logo?
I know we don't want to steal the exact logo but we want something similiar to it so when someone surfing by can notice the logo and give them an instant idea of what game this is.

beelzebub

Knight

well, EA doesnt own the rights to using a "U" and an "O" in a vertical layout, its the shape/style of their logo that you cant legally recreate. you CAN use a U above an O, but it cant be the same image

also, arjhaan. if that's a logo you plan on entering, you really need to remove my text from it and make your own.

Fez_

Knight

I'm a little confused if its a banner your looking for or just a logo, also is it specifically for hybrid or to be part of all uogamers servers?

beelzebub

Knight

Fiesta, FYI, you cant use the 'inspirational' image in your logo, its copyrighted by EA, so you cant legally use it

arjhaan

Wanderer

beelz i wasnt going to enter in anything. just playing around. ideas my man. nice work btw

beelzebub

Knight

ur ankh idea is great. if you did clean it up a bit it is an excellent entry/idea

thanks for your comment, i try :p