UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

UO Dream List

jaasso

Knight
no ml and whatever after that. official t2a and aos or se shards. also demise focusing on polishing samurai empire without ml at least for now. the npc schedules would be great too

Mabus

Sorceror
Quests/missions that involve one on one environmental pvp, for example a murderer or thief can become "wanted" and will be hunted by whomever accepted their quest or mission no matter what facet, once flagged those 2 can not be targeted by any other players heals or attacks...

Quests/missions that involve one on one environmental pvp, for example a murderer or thief can become "wanted" and will be hunted by whomever accepted their quest or mission no matter what facet, once flagged those 2 can not be targeted by any other players heals or attacks...

sorta had this back in the day with the bounty/reputation system.

Oaks

Knight
Purely from a crafter/trader point of view;

1. Being able to designate items your vendor(s) will buy from other players for the value you give, with a max/min amount that vendor will buy. No need of having to wait for players to come online for a trade or spend days/weeks trying to meet up.
2. Remove vendor fees. Useless and pointless system. Make the vendor deeds way more expensive instead, so much easier.
3. Expandable backpack (as in third dawn), allowing you to stall out all your items for sale in one view. And not having to browse multiple (empty) backpacks/containers just to see what's available. Allow seller to customise the view (without going into detail, shouldn't be hard to imagine what i mean).

All in all, make it less such a chore to do simple things, bring this old relic of the past of doing business more up to date and visually appealing by letting the owner add customization, and make it more fun to run a business where the owner can concentrate on producing/acquiring goods instead.

Or to consolidate these 3 points into 1;

4. Remove vendors altogether. Add a menu choice when single clicking a house sign (public or private), such as "enter shop", which brings up a new resizeable screen showing everything the owner has for sale, including a buying section for the owner. A display case you can place on a house plot and double click with these options in mind would have the same effect.

But to be fair, UO is old and is just way beyond trying to get it up to date. It's more about trying to fit in new things within the capabilities of an outdated environment as far as I'm concerned.

BoO

Sorceror
you know what i dream of sometimes... having a freaken gun so i can murder all the poeple who murdered me :D

KickerofAssets

Sorceror
Just make Pont happy. We should have a shard of naked people and no armor or clothing at all. Friendly frolicking....or wicked ass slap pvp, your choice ;)

Reactions: Eos

Velius Nox

Sorceror
I wish the change that put the nail in the coffin on EA servers would have been thought out better. I played on OSI/EA from 2000 up until gametime ran out after that.
That would have been the tactics change.
The reasoning behind it on EA was the fact that for some reason people there had a problem with extremely cookie cutter templates (defensive wrestle mages) You also had people who reveled in the glory days of the 'Pure Mage' pre AOS. The whole magery and damage system worked different back then. As well as Armor. Armor was actually very balanced.
Now back on track here. Anyone could get away with not having resist spells for the simple fact if they were hit with a paralyze....... a min tinker skill trap box would break it and do laughable damage instantly.
Prodo shard tards also had a habit of only using direct damage spells. Messing around there I was rarely hit with a mana drain or anything.
Up until right before that hit there were ideas being thrown in test center for weeks that balanced things out nicely.
My idea was to actually tweak only a few spells. Paralyze being one of them. Instead of breaking on damage it would do a resist check of the target VS the magery/eval of the caster. Then Remove Curse. Trying to remove Curse effects via pally magic would do the same thing.
Some people may not agree with this.
But in doing so instead of giving power back to get past freaking dart traps they absolutely crippled waaaaay too many skill templates.
It turned the freedom of original characters into a game that was 'class' based.
I never used trap boxes. There was always that one person who thought outside the precast 'explode/insert spell here' that would hit you with mana drain or vampire.
Too many people cried there. When SE launched instead of changing templates or suits around to match up to hard hitting templates they did nothing but cry cry cry.
Heaven forbid they drop some mod on their suit for another.
I dealt with Bushido and Ninja dexers one way. I dropped LRC and replaced it with max RPD. The only physical resist on the suit was from resist skill. Sure I took more damage but they did as well. Drop that precast Blood Oath on someones face. What are they gonna do? Call you a Blood Oath using noob lol?
Sorry about that long winded rant.
Anything that effects EA effects Demise in theory.

I wish the change that put the nail in the coffin on EA servers would have been thought out better. I played on OSI/EA from 2000 up until gametime ran out after that.
That would have been the tactics change.
The reasoning behind it on EA was the fact that for some reason people there had a problem with extremely cookie cutter templates (defensive wrestle mages) You also had people who reveled in the glory days of the 'Pure Mage' pre AOS. The whole magery and damage system worked different back then. As well as Armor. Armor was actually very balanced.
Now back on track here. Anyone could get away with not having resist spells for the simple fact if they were hit with a paralyze....... a min tinker skill trap box would break it and do laughable damage instantly.
Prodo shard tards also had a habit of only using direct damage spells. Messing around there I was rarely hit with a mana drain or anything.
Up until right before that hit there were ideas being thrown in test center for weeks that balanced things out nicely.
My idea was to actually tweak only a few spells. Paralyze being one of them. Instead of breaking on damage it would do a resist check of the target VS the magery/eval of the caster. Then Remove Curse. Trying to remove Curse effects via pally magic would do the same thing.
Some people may not agree with this.
But in doing so instead of giving power back to get past freaking dart traps they absolutely crippled waaaaay too many skill templates.
It turned the freedom of original characters into a game that was 'class' based.
I never used trap boxes. There was always that one person who thought outside the precast 'explode/insert spell here' that would hit you with mana drain or vampire.
Too many people cried there. When SE launched instead of changing templates or suits around to match up to hard hitting templates they did nothing but cry cry cry.
Heaven forbid they drop some mod on their suit for another.
I dealt with Bushido and Ninja dexers one way. I dropped LRC and replaced it with max RPD. The only physical resist on the suit was from resist skill. Sure I took more damage but they did as well. Drop that precast Blood Oath on someones face. What are they gonna do? Call you a Blood Oath using noob lol?
Sorry about that long winded rant.
Anything that effects EA effects Demise in theory.

Also after reading this on the bus.

I absolutely love mage gameplay in UO, but I do think the tactics fix was somewhat required. Seeing as I currently have a pre tactics fix style fencer scribe nox mage, playing it now makes me realize that if I still had med, and 120 everything, it would be overpowered as all fuck.

Also, /agree with osi prod shard tards. Kids have no idea what the fuck their casting over there :(

Velius Nox

Sorceror
Amen to that Esk.
@ Easy Diablo That was a long winded rant and I admit it.
Most servers were pretty dead but after that......ghost towns mostly.
Another thing I'd like to see and have said it for years would be a D&Desk Monk Style skill. Or skills.

Dexter-LoM

Knight
also we could fix what Osi never fixed before and that is para should break healing, Last I checked if something is paralised you should not be able to continue to apply a bandage.

Also, I'd kill for 2 18x18's sideby side, literally touching, so i could recreate my guildhall from Crimson Shadow's and LS. I'd even donate upwards of $100 to get it...