UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Thoughts for 10k online... id say we shoot for 15k.

Re: Thoughts for 10k online... id say we shoot for 15k.

Ryan said:
You know I've been doing a LOT of thinking about having a "major" event for all of the UO Gamers players. Something that coincides with us getting the new server, something that will be just downright amazing and allow everyone to have fun.

What I am currently contemplating is a "Test Center Weekend". This would mean we take the current world, import it onto the new hardware, add supply and equip stones, template choosers for new players and let everyone go at it for an entire weekend. You'll get to try out new templates without loosing anything, you'll get to test new skills you haven't used and you'll get the opportunity to have fun without loosing anything.

What I would like to see is everyone add their suggestions. I'll leave this thread open but I am not looking for "good idea" posts or anything other than I think we should do "this" for the weekend. Again I stress, I want well thought out posts detailing what you think would be fun to do while stress testing for 10k online. I think if we do hit 10k online we will have proven that we are beyond the dominant Ultima Online shard in the world (including OSI).

If you want to talk about or generally discuss the idea, please make a thread in the General Discussion section or Starbucks. If you've got something you'd like to contribute then please reply here.

do like last halloween or the one before (i forgot which) where theres different races and each race has their own base etc etc...that shit was TIGHT

Big Cheez-it

Sorceror

Ryan said:
You know I've been doing a LOT of thinking about having a "major" event for all of the UO Gamers players. Something that coincides with us getting the new server, something that will be just downright amazing and allow everyone to have fun.

What I am currently contemplating is a "Test Center Weekend". This would mean we take the current world, import it onto the new hardware, add supply and equip stones, template choosers for new players and let everyone go at it for an entire weekend. You'll get to try out new templates without loosing anything, you'll get to test new skills you haven't used and you'll get the opportunity to have fun without loosing anything.

What I would like to see is everyone add their suggestions. I'll leave this thread open but I am not looking for "good idea" posts or anything other than I think we should do "this" for the weekend. Again I stress, I want well thought out posts detailing what you think would be fun to do while stress testing for 10k online. I think if we do hit 10k online we will have proven that we are beyond the dominant Ultima Online shard in the world (including OSI).

If you want to talk about or generally discuss the idea, please make a thread in the General Discussion section or Starbucks. If you've got something you'd like to contribute then please reply here.

I know it's gay correcting someone's spelling, but for the future, its "losing", not "loosing".

angaskoh

Wanderer

oh...can you pls just regulate houses....

like 1 house per char ???

coz new players like me find it hard to plot a house...

i tried plotting a house in many places...

and still havent succeeded...

and pls.... i tried it in plain land... no obstacles... just plain.

Addicted

Disciple

Big Cheez-it said:
I know it's gay correcting someone's spelling, but for the future, its "losing", not "loosing".

Lol, my friend had this novelty shirt that was from a truck stop or something, and on this shirt it had a big semi with the words "Move it or loose it!" It still makes me laugh thinking about that.

Sigler

Sorceror

Gankis Khan said:
Promote factions. Make everyone join a faction, but even the numbers to each faction. Hopefully we could get enough players to do raids and such.

I like this idea.. Big city wars.. setting up defences.. stealing sigals.. Would be sweet

I posted this in suggestions and didn't get much responce. I think a way to garner some more users would be a professional webpage.

Right now, it's kind of a joke. Some of the neat stuff is there, such as MyUOG, but the presentation is lacking. There isn't even an offical logo for the shard. I think a more professional webpage, such as the one Demise has.

There could be pages with a shard history which would list the age of the server, major events, etc etc. There could be a page which listed events, screenshots, things going on, etc. Also, an update center which listed past and present patches as well as ideas under consideration.

Right now, UOG, is the largest and most professional player ran shard, I think the homepage should be designed to reflect this.

UOG has a large talent pool and there are many people here that could contribute graphic design, coding skills, html, etc.

Smo

Sorceror

Punkers Slave said:
Here's an idea. Players vs. NPCs and monsters.

Something similar to the town raids on OSI, but on a much, much larger scale. Balrons invading west brit. Ancient Wyrms invading trinsic in the hundreds. Pull in some higher end AOS monsters to invade random wilderness areas. Push that RAM to the max.

Force players to work together. Healers res kill, shopkeepers attack buyers, and tamed pets attack owners at will. Faction guards turn on their own faction members. Every already spawned animal and npc attacks any player on sight. Sea serpents flood the oceans, making boat travel near impossible.

With all that disable recall, gate travel, and ethies. Should make for a very interesting weekend.

To balance this out for the players, reagents are not required, mana replenishes in seconds, casting speed is increased x2 (this includes npcs/monsters), wrestling does good damage, and the equipment stones hand out perfect silver vanqs.

Try to outnumber the players 5 to 1 and this could be some fun. Add a goal to this: If in the end, let's say Sunday 8pm, there are less than 1000 players -or so- online (or maybe our total kill count is less than the amount of total accounts, forums and hybrid combined), the monsters win and we get punished when the server goes back to normal. If the players win the war, we get rewarded.

Those are some serious odds. Let's just hope the server could hold the load.

definately the smartest idea in this whole forum by far

bballerjess

Wanderer

how to get a shitload of ppl online at once? Trick them. BAckup the server, and wipe all housing. put 1mil checks in everyones bank (everyone can then place a castle) and watch the bitches run mad. U need to set an EXACT TIME however, one that is good for the majority of people. Advertising is key. After the mad rush is over, just revert the server :p There would be mad pvp out in the woods and maybe you could even turn of murder counts for the weekend to push this even further. hehe.

AtticusFinch

Wanderer
Re: I like this idea

Trusoldier626 said:
I like this idea... but make it where the spawners have a max amount to spawn and when the spawner has spawned say 100 creatures the spawner cant spawn anymore have it and when they are all gone players win

I support this idea as well, hope it will be put into reality.