UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Thoughts for 10k online... id say we shoot for 15k.

R

Ryan

Thoughts for 10k online... id say we shoot for 15k.

You know I've been doing a LOT of thinking about having a "major" event for all of the UO Gamers players. Something that coincides with us getting the new server, something that will be just downright amazing and allow everyone to have fun.

What I am currently contemplating is a "Test Center Weekend". This would mean we take the current world, import it onto the new hardware, add supply and equip stones, template choosers for new players and let everyone go at it for an entire weekend. You'll get to try out new templates without loosing anything, you'll get to test new skills you haven't used and you'll get the opportunity to have fun without loosing anything.

What I would like to see is everyone add their suggestions. I'll leave this thread open but I am not looking for "good idea" posts or anything other than I think we should do "this" for the weekend. Again I stress, I want well thought out posts detailing what you think would be fun to do while stress testing for 10k online. I think if we do hit 10k online we will have proven that we are beyond the dominant Ultima Online shard in the world (including OSI).

If you want to talk about or generally discuss the idea, please make a thread in the General Discussion section or Starbucks. If you've got something you'd like to contribute then please reply here.

Strong

Wanderer
Re: Thoughts for 10k online... id say we shoot for 15k.

Ideas:

- Factions! Perhaps tweeking the faction system for the weekend would be cool. Like 1 hour capture times, 2 hour purification, Unlimited Silver, 3 hour CL leadership, runic weopons all around. Then force everyone to join a faction, put up gates that lead to bases and stuff. For the full affect, the CL should be able to make faction messages every 10 mintues or something. I bet we would see some sick fights. This is similar to the "monster faction" you guys had a while back on TC. But keep things basic for us so people can experience the true faction experience. Making vent channels for each faction would be cool too, so that everyone could listen in.

- Everyone is Red/Orange. This might discourage players who get res killed, so maybe a safe zone for restocking and stuff.

- Gates to areas of the game would be nice, or maybe just 1 gate to Countessa's library so players can explore the world. (maybe add unlimited stuck option in case of death)

-Reset the dueling ladder. Top 3 duelers at the end of the weeked get a prize?

- Wipe Housing? Some players have never got to have a house, some want to try and place huge ass castles. Perhaps 2 mil gold in the bank and an open world would allow for some nice times.

- Ill see if i can think of more

everyone is red is cool

Gates to areas is not

reset dueling ladder is cool

Wipe housing is not, wipe housing in SOME locations is, the only problem is, the person would have to empty they're shit by the weekend, unless you meant wipe housing without notice

GeoX

Sorceror

big big big big 4v4 tournament with a loser's/winner's bracket. like another " tournament of the champions " double elimination. or maybe another player appreciation day. that 4v4 tourny would only be a small branch of the main " Event "

Gankis Khan

Sorceror

Promote factions. Make everyone join a faction, but even the numbers to each faction. Hopefully we could get enough players to do raids and such.

A

ASayre

Turn on AoS just to confuse the 'ell out of everyone :laugh:

I remember how bad the lag and everything can get in the starting areas and such in towns. Maybe if possible, have mini-events running simultaneously in different towns, locations, dungeons?

Here's an idea. Players vs. NPCs and monsters.

Something similar to the town raids on OSI, but on a much, much larger scale. Balrons invading west brit. Ancient Wyrms invading trinsic in the hundreds. Pull in some higher end AOS monsters to invade random wilderness areas. Push that RAM to the max.

Force players to work together. Healers res kill, shopkeepers attack buyers, and tamed pets attack owners at will. Faction guards turn on their own faction members. Every already spawned animal and npc attacks any player on sight. Sea serpents flood the oceans, making boat travel near impossible.

With all that disable recall, gate travel, and ethies. Should make for a very interesting weekend.

To balance this out for the players, reagents are not required, mana replenishes in seconds, casting speed is increased x2 (this includes npcs/monsters), wrestling does good damage, and the equipment stones hand out perfect silver vanqs.

Try to outnumber the players 5 to 1 and this could be some fun. Add a goal to this: If in the end, let's say Sunday 8pm, there are less than 1000 players -or so- online (or maybe our total kill count is less than the amount of total accounts, forums and hybrid combined), the monsters win and we get punished when the server goes back to normal. If the players win the war, we get rewarded.

Those are some serious odds. Let's just hope the server could hold the load.

Punkers Slave said:
Here's an idea. Players vs. NPCs and monsters.

Something similar to the town raids on OSI, but on a much, much larger scale. Balrons invading west brit. Ancient Wyrms invading trinsic in the hundreds. Pull in some higher end AOS monsters to invade random wilderness areas. Push that RAM to the max.

Force players to work together. Healers res kill, shopkeepers attack buyers, and tamed pets attack owners at will. Faction guards turn on their own faction members. Every already spawned animal and npc attacks any player on sight. Sea serpents flood the oceans, making boat travel near impossible.

With all that disable recall, gate travel, and ethies. Should make for a very interesting weekend.

To balance this out for the players, reagents are not required, mana replenishes in seconds, casting speed is increased x2 (this includes npcs/monsters), wrestling does good damage, and the equipment stones hand out perfect silver vanqs.

Try to outnumber the players 5 to 1 and this could be some fun. Add a goal to this: If in the end, let's say Sunday 8pm, there are less than 1000 players -or so- online (or maybe our total kill count is less than the amount of total accounts, forums and hybrid combined), the monsters win and we get punished when the server goes back to normal. If the players win the war, we get rewarded.

Those are some serious odds. Let's just hope the server could hold the load.

YES

Jenova-gl

Sorceror

make it so whoever pvps on test center has to pvp at least once a week on the real shard or their accounts get deleted

Pepsi_Rox

Knight

Jenova said:
make it so whoever pvps on test center has to pvp at least once a week on the real shard or their accounts get deleted
then wut would u do

lOlOloLol

pimpen big04

Wanderer

Ummm how bout a treasure hunt? a big one alot of clues/misleads/nps that lie/nps that dont lie,hints,killing i dunno something like that.