UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Thoughts for 10k online... id say we shoot for 15k.

satanico

Wanderer
Re: Thoughts for 10k online... id say we shoot for 15k.

HELL YEA to a test center event. make everyone join faction or chaos/order or something after you get loaded up with 7xgm template and equipment.

Lorthic

Knight

What some of you don't seem to understand is that we're attempting to further stress the server as it is in its current form. The houses won't be wiped, so that would just be a pwot, and thus would not truly be a form of server stress testing. We need things as spoken before: massive faction battles, monster raids, increasing the server load to maximum capacity just to see how many players, mobiles and items we can have on this server.

Bring it on, Ryan.

eekamouse

Wanderer

Turn on champ spawns that have a chance to drop prizes. Anyone with said prizes in their bank get to keep the prize when you go back to live server. Make each champ drop 1 or 2 of the prizes and the harrower drop 10. Make the prizes worthwhile but not overpowered. Like say a Deed for a million gold or something. /shrug

That should do it.

I can see it now. A Harrower run with over 1000 people there =p

eekamouse

Wanderer

Flipper said:
oooh, you mean like a check?

It would probably have to be something else. So they can't accidentally double click it in their bank and not get credit for winning the reward. Also people with a million gold could just make checks.

So a deed. Something unique.

Lorthic

Knight

eekamouse said:
It would probably have to be something else. So they can't accidentally double click it in their bank and not get credit for winning the reward. Also people with a million gold could just make checks.

So a deed. Something unique.
Good idea, although I don't believe that gold is a worthwhile prize.

KharneKGB

Wanderer

if you really want to bring the osi players over for the weekend just leave everything as is but add trammel

oh and something neon

Lorthic

Knight

KharneKGB said:
if you really want to bring the osi players over for the weekend just leave everything as is but add trammel

oh and something neon
Hahahahaheheaheaheahe...

pimpchazz

Wanderer

nice man!!!! a whole weekend of just crazy pvp is just what i wanted to see!!!! (btw lets get ride of all the houses that way people get teh chance to have castles)

D

djstepanek

Castles are so pointless, if you have that much stuff to stash you need to clean house.

BobPlaz

Wanderer

erek said:
Ideal way for a successful stress test mean :

Make it like the old Abyss OSI shard.

Have constant CTF going on across Brittannia with the supply stones and skill stones. There was nothing more fun than that.

With a little advertising, you can probably pull every OSI player here for the weekend, no joke.

I remember the old Color Wars on Abyss - It was by FAR the most fun thing ever in UO. Red Blue Orange and Green teams, if I remember correctly. Each day when you logged on you'd have a different team winning.

ManaScrew987

Wanderer

another thought
you can set your stats but make the stat cap 8000 or something else insanley high. I can see it now dexxers with 5000 dex , tankers with 7000 str, mages that would make Mind Blast a one hit kill spell. hahahahaha insane!

Tor

Wanderer

I feel all warm and fuzzy inside knowing I am part of by far the greatest player run shard, and soon to be the most worthy of shards..period.

K, Back to my mean self.

DIE!!

bobplaz said:
I remember the old Color Wars on Abyss - It was by FAR the most fun thing ever in UO. Red Blue Orange and Green teams, if I remember correctly. Each day when you logged on you'd have a different team winning.

Quoted for truth.

Abyss test was the best shit ever... if you don't know what abyss is then go shoot yourself.

top notch

Wanderer

Strong said:
Ideas:

- Factions! Perhaps tweeking the faction system for the weekend would be cool. Like 1 hour capture times, 2 hour purification, Unlimited Silver, 3 hour CL leadership, runic weopons all around. Then force everyone to join a faction, put up gates that lead to bases and stuff. For the full affect, the CL should be able to make faction messages every 10 mintues or something. I bet we would see some sick fights. This is similar to the "monster faction" you guys had a while back on TC. But keep things basic for us so people can experience the true faction experience. Making vent channels for each faction would be cool too, so that everyone could listen in.

- Everyone is Red/Orange. This might discourage players who get res killed, so maybe a safe zone for restocking and stuff.

- Gates to areas of the game would be nice, or maybe just 1 gate to Countessa's library so players can explore the world. (maybe add unlimited stuck option in case of death)

-Reset the dueling ladder. Top 3 duelers at the end of the weeked get a prize?

- Wipe Housing? Some players have never got to have a house, some want to try and place huge ass castles. Perhaps 2 mil gold in the bank and an open world would allow for some nice times.

- Ill see if i can think of more

i like this idea..

yes i remember abyss, I remember I was just a complete newb to UO my friend was like come play this server abyss with me you can gm any skills you want. I thought he was bullshitting me, because my current character was not even gm swords and tactics after 4 months of playin. Anyways i log on abyss and there was blue gates everywhere. Was one of my fondest UO memories and I also remember the color wars, free regs free everything, i even remember there was a magic weapon stone, and dudes would just sit there lookin for vanqs. They should create a facet where those no guards and free everything, just all out pvp. the facet would be like the opposite of trammel we shall call it lemmart facet. Also any info on what this UOG divinity server is about.

haglundj

Wanderer

enable champ spawns where the loot is unique items that reward real server prize

put gold/silver/regs/supplies/tools in banks like osi test centers

wipe all magic weapons and armor, or morph them into GM quality including faction weaps armor, clothing... giving more balanced pvp with dexers and not the typical test center scheme of pulling out the vanq faction weaps that cant be dropped...

wipe graveyard and popular pvp areas housing

gm-controlled physchotic mobs running around killing the mass with paralyzing aura on one, poison on one, firefield on one, curse on one, harm every 2 seconds on one, etc
-make the drops be faction based items(hammers)

leave teh rest the same

let the test shard run for a couple months - those were the most fun tests to play on --- coming from a test center guru...(banned from osi 7 times)

reintroduce "showscore" style of display of kills

Proton

Wanderer
lets go with 1457 to mix it up and make it random for all those druggies that play this game...they will love it