UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

The state of Ultima Online.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mustafa

Wanderer
Re: The state of Ultima Online.

USA sucks.... vote Canada

Edit: I apologize.... i've played a part in detering the thread away from its goodness.. i should shoot myself with a beebee gun.

Lynyrd

Knight

cursis said:
USA sucks.... vote Canada

Edit: I apologize.... i've played a part in detering the thread away from its goodness.. i should shoot myself with a beebee gun.

It's no problem; the thread sucked anyway.

But I would like to say that I'm all for US/Canadian alliance. We don't need the rivalry.

Mustafa

Wanderer

i was thinking that Canada should just ally completely with the US and fuck the world in the ass.... what else is the human race for anyways?

Lynyrd

Knight

I must say the entire North American landmass could probably take on the entire world if no nuclear weapons were involved.

Lynyrd

Knight

NewbieHerb said:
since when is there a rivalry of canda and usa, besides the ignorant civilians?

I am talking about the civilians, silly. USA and Canada are close political partners.

Mustafa

Wanderer

Well, really what is the North American Continent made up of military wise... i think we have 7 subs, 7 of which are unusable... we got i think 3 ships... some helicopters that for every hour of flight needs about 20 hours of ground maintenance... we got some peace keepers with some good old jeeps... maybe a few killer beavers... a whale... and some geese for bombing..

NewbieHerb

Wanderer

ya your military is kinda on the slack side and the qualifications dont seem to be very strict to get in.

Mustafa

Wanderer

Actually to tell you the truth... we have a incredibly trained military... they just don't have any guns... or they have guns just no ammunition... sometimes they gotta bluff and use cardboard tubes and such... sometimes the ehrabs get confused and scared...

Lynyrd

Knight

True, the Canadian army is quite spectacular. They just try not to get into any conflicts so you never see it in action.

They created that first digital print camoflage. Can't remember what it is called, but the US made a similar print after it.

Mustafa

Wanderer

they also created the first gas masks... piss on a rag woot.

"Alright boys, the gas is coming... piss on your rags and smell the glorious aroma of your own waste product while everyone else dies from mustard gas."

myriddin07

Wanderer

STOP.... if you really wana get into the whole army war with out nukes thing CHINA would win, they have SOOOO MANY PEOPLE.... USA is nothing but the bastard son of a great nation, who is gettin too cocky for its own good.... soon to be slapped down by the rest of the world... look at rome all great "empires" fall... Canada, atleast you have some national pride, the american pride thing only reared its head after a fuckin disaster like 911.... it will die again soon, you want to see real devotion to a country look at the UK look at Ireland... fuck the USA

mushhking

Wanderer

fuck i read alot of these.... HIT ME IN MY HEAT,, na but for real sum good times in the past,,, i remember making aids 1 by fucking 1 untill i got like 35 and got on dexxors and fought at despise, and when i got low i remember attking a healing and getting my ass fucking handed to me... poast despise took me so long to be able to get back to civilization.. didnt fucking leave town or GY for weeks...

Pope-hybrid

Sorceror

myriddin07 said:
STOP.... if you really wana get into the whole army war with out nukes thing CHINA would win, they have SOOOO MANY PEOPLE.... USA is nothing but the bastard son of a great nation, who is gettin too cocky for its own good.... soon to be slapped down by the rest of the world... look at rome all great "empires" fall... Canada, atleast you have some national pride, the american pride thing only reared its head after a fuckin disaster like 911.... it will die again soon, you want to see real devotion to a country look at the UK look at Ireland... fuck the USA

Wow, to make such a broad statement is really silly. All nations have a wide variety of people with contradicting views, religions, and lifestyles. To stereotype one is nonsense and narrow minded.

Mustafa

Wanderer

Everyone should move to Canada, oh wait no don't i hate immigrant not english speaking pricks!

Edit: Fuck USA

Arturo

Sorceror

Furota said:
To be honest, I don't really know how to start this out. I'm simply going to keep typing, and whatever comes of this, comes of it.

What happened to Ultima Online? What happened to UOGamers? What happened to everything we once stood and played for? Why, I remember back when I first started playing UO. I was about thirteen then, and damn, it was fun. Valient battles versus dragons, seeing my first balron in a dungeon and being scared shitless, because at the time, I wasn't as apathetic about the game as I am now. At the time, everything in UO meant something to me, simply because it was another world; a world different from mine own. A world in which I could relax, and enjoy the fineries of a different age.

A long time ago, when I first started playing UO, I wanted a house. I walked for days and days (literally, real-time days), and simply couldn't find where I wanted to build a house. Finally, north of Minoc, east of Reaper valley, just below the plains, there was a dense wooded area. I thought it was perfect. Now, all I had to do was find an axe so I could chop down those damn trees, is what I thought to myself. So, I found myself an axe. I tried for another three days to chop down trees, and I was getting so damn frustrated! Finally, I saw someone, and asked him, "How do I get rid of these trees? I really want to build a house!" After all, I'd seen plenty of other houses built in forested areas, and I wanted one as well. The guy laughed and was very kind. He told me, "Come on, man... don't you know? You have to find an empty spot and buy a housing deed in order to place a house. It's pretty simple. How long have you been chopping trees for?" I told him that it'd been three days, and again he laughed, yet I did not feel as if he were berating, or ridiculing me. It was an entirely different world, where I could interact with people I never would've had the chance to meet in real life. Ultima Online was a world of wizardry, of mighty heroes who lay claim to the corpses of even mightier beasts. Ultima Online was everyone's fantasy; a world with no true reprocussions. A world where you can enjoy that which you choose to, instead of life forcing upon you what it will.

Ultima Online was fun.

Now, as I look back on the "good ol' days," I smile to myself and laugh at the countless hours I've spent with my eyes glued to the monitor. As time has passed, however, the game has lost its edge. The game has lost its fun for me. I log in now merely out of habit, and because I've acquired so much that it'd be a waste to not do something with it. That, and I can on occasion find something to do that is entertaining; whether it be pvp, merchantry or joining a random guild and going on a dungeon crawl or treasure hunt. As I look back and reflect, comparing how I felt then to how I feel now, I can honestly say that I do not have the fun I once did.

How can this be fun? Constant flaming and shit-talking to one another, and I'm not innocent! I know this... and yet, I feel as if all of us, as a community, could do better to improve the gameplay of not only ourselves, but each other, which would in turn make this game far more fun than it is now. I don't have the solution, but if we try, can't we find one? Instead of putting in patch after patch after patch to cure the ailments of the game for merely a short time, why not revamp the entire god damn system? Let's find out what the players want--what they need.

Ryan, Krrios, Mark, Samara... all of the staff, the entire lot of you (even Terron!) have done such an amazing job at bringing UO back to what it once was, and even though nearly everything is the same, you'll never be able to patch the lack of faith the players have in one another. You'll never be able to bring back the spirit that Ultima Online once had. That is our choice, as players, as individuals, and as a community. It is our choice whether or not we will make this game fun, and to be honest, I don't think many people care. It doesn't seem as if people play this game to have fun, so much as they play it out of sheer habit, out of boredom. I wish, for just one day, that UO could be like it once was. I wish that once again the spirit of the players could rise and conquer all. I wish that on every screen there was something different. Battles meant something. Victors were crowned and known. Now, with all of the thirty party programs, hacks, cheats, scamming, exploits and whatever else... victory changes hands like coin.

I wish that for just once, everyone would just sit back and realize how they've made the game not only for others, but for themselves. Why do something you don't enjoy? Why live, or play, in misery? Would you stay with a woman simply because you believed that nothing better would come of this life? And the same goes for you women--why stay with a man when there is so much more out there? Why eat food that you don't like if there's something in the fridge that, even though it needs to be cooked, is absolutely delicious? If each and every one of us will take a step back and realize what we can do for this game, and for one another, I believe that this game could once again be truly, truly fun.

Forgive my rambling, and I have one more thing to say: Don't let a good thing die.

Thank you,
Lorthic
----------------------------------------------------------------------
:( well i remeber when it came out i wanted to play so bad but we did not have a Pc..shit half the people in my famly did not know what one was.
years passed by and still nothing. i seen freind play it once but that was it. more years passed nothing. i moved out about a year ago, bought a Pc about 3 months ago, tryed my ass off to find some way to finaly pay to play (because i thougth that was the only way)could not find one (no creit card, no checking accout:mad: ) when finaly i found UOgateway. I WAS SHOCKED!!!!!!:eek:
so if i offend anyone sorry but im just starting to find out the wonder that is UO
thanks to all the staff,all the players,pkrs,labors,well everyone:)

mushhking

Wanderer

^^atleast u came around to play it sometime!!, its like the COLUMBER (a shark) who find's his PRAY and doesnt eat tell he has ATE teh pray he targeted no matter how MANY years (learned this in highschool FANTASY english)!!!! <<pwnage?

Damn man, I have my share of old memories, but UO at the end of it all is still a fucking game and should be treated as one. Sure I'm nostalgic as fuck about it but I really don't feel an urge to relive those moments. I've got too much school and a handful of a girlfriend, not to mention work.

My heart still pounds when I'm chasing down a red line and I still get pissed when I'm pk'ed farming. Nothing else seems beneficial to me.

FUCK UO

Status
Not open for further replies.