UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

The future of KUOC/PlayUO.

hoglegs

Sorceror
Re: The future of KUOC/PlayUO.

R a c e c a R said:
It isn't OSI, it is better than OSI...but the clients have nothing to do with the fact that it is a hybrid server. These clients have no relation to OSI and there is a reason they are banned on OSI. Overpower and abused. I was not trying to make this an argument...but you insist on returning every post with some sort of comment. And I'll live in the past if i want to...because you don't know how fun and constant the pvp was on OSI because you never played there. We're talking hundreds of OJs online at the same time during peak hours...you're lucky to find 5 on here nowadays.

If this shard is better than OSI? Why do you keep referring to how much more fun OSI is?

Another thing that you, and so many others, are forgetting....this isn't a PVP only shard.

Minimejgd

Wanderer

hoglegs said:
If this shard is better than OSI? Why do you keep referring to how much more fun OSI is?

Another thing that you, and so many others, are forgetting....this isn't a PVP only shard.
OSI shards weren't only pvp either...but to me they were, cause that's i do and all i care about. I refer to the best days of OSI, pre-trammel.

This is why i argue against these clients... i am a pvper, it's pretty much all i do. These clients take away from the skill and experience of pvp and have only hindered this shards possibilities. I know of dozens of pvpers who left this shard because of problems with the clients and how little skill it takes nowadays.

All i know is if OSI does come out with a pub-15 time era shard...UOGamers can say good bye to pvp forever.

Lorthic

Knight

If you guys think that cheating is out of control here, it's apparent that you never, ever played on OSI for any extended period of time. There was so much bullshit exploitation that went on... it was insane.

hoglegs

Sorceror

Furota said:
If you guys think that cheating is out of control here, it's apparent that you never, ever played on OSI for any extended period of time. There was so much bullshit exploitation that went on... it was insane.

I wanted to say that, but I figured I'd get bitched at since I never played OSI. I have read about some reGDdiculous exploits on OSI, though.

Lorthic

Knight

hoglegs said:
I wanted to say that, but I figured I'd get bitched at since I never played OSI. I have read about some reGDdiculous exploits on OSI, though.

Yeah... there's still a ton more cheating there than will ever be here.

hoglegs

Sorceror

Furota said:

Or what about the people who hire chinese kids to horde gold for them... HAHAHAHA

Minimejgd

Wanderer

Furota said:
Speed hacks? Duping? Bugs?

I don't really recall plugins/scripts as a problem back when i played.

hoglegs

Sorceror

R a c e c a R said:
Speed hacks? Duping? Bugs?
I don't really recall plugins/scripts as a problem back when i played.

from what I've read.. Plugins/scripts has always been a problem, thats why origin constantly updated to keep certain frontends (like EasyUO) from helping players dominate.

On a side note -
It's just like the map and other hacks on Diablo II, yeah it was cheating bigtime, but I felt like the only person who DIDN'T use them.

Minimejgd

Wanderer

hoglegs said:
from what I've read.. Plugins/scripts has always been a problem, thats why origin constantly updated to keep certain frontends (like EasyUO) from helping players dominate.

On a side note -
It's just like the map and other hacks on Diablo II, yeah it was cheating bigtime, but I felt like the only person who DIDN'T use them.

Well KUOC's plugin feature is just asking for people to cheat. OSI never gave a cheating tool out, but they were always fighting it and attempting to fix things (sometimes real fuckin slow).As for UOG, this seems like the first step in the right direction with the fusion of sallos and kuoc to stop all this crap. As for EasyUO...it's gay, always has been, always will be.

And i never used the D2 hack also...heh.

Hummdinger

Sorceror

R a c e c a R said:
Razor and KUOC are two completely different clients. Krrios, i assume, is forming Sallos to his client and not razor. I do not see sallos supporting razor, ever. And im not disagreeing with what they are doing...my point is, you obviously don't know true pvp ability unless you played OSI. Hell i was a poor kid back then and couldn't spend the 15$ to get UOA, which meant i manually clicked my pots and bandages. There are a lot more to these clients than just these features though. I don't know how much you field fight, but on OSI there was no such thing as target random blue, enemy, or red. You had to pull their bar or click on them to get the target. You don't think this is a huge difference? Try it...especially when chasing someone with a spell up...isn't the easiest thing in the world.

And yes, there are KUOC plugins that autopull every enemy bar on the screen for you. And you wonder why I despise that client?

Word, I would like to add that there were no voice chat programs either... back in the day when you had huge guild battles and there were nearly 15 oranges on screen. You had to rely on someone to type an enemies name out on the field or just dump your mana on a random target and hope someone follows up with a exp ebol to drop em. Four men syncing on one target is too easy. However, ventrillo or any other voice chat is a must nowadays because everyone uses them. =/

Minimejgd

Wanderer

Coke said:
Word, I would like to add that there were no voice chat programs either... back in the day when you had huge guild battles and there were nearly 15 oranges on screen. You had to rely on someone to type an enemies name out on the field or just dump your mana on a random target and hope someone follows up with a exp ebol to drop em. Four men syncing on one target is too easy. However, ventrillo or any other voice chat is a must nowadays because everyone uses them. =/
Some people used Roger Wilco. But, only the most organized guilds actually used talk systems.

But, ya...no vent days...brings back memories.

hoglegs

Sorceror

R a c e c a R said:
Well KUOC's plugin feature is just asking for people to cheat. OSI never gave a cheating tool out, but they were always fighting it and attempting to fix things (sometimes real fuckin slow).As for UOG, this seems like the first step in the right direction with the fusion of sallos and kuoc to stop all this crap. As for EasyUO...it's gay, always has been, always will be.

And i never used the D2 hack also...heh.

I think this is a HUGE step in the right direction. Although I can see people making new accounts just to test what will and won't get them banned. Oh well, this doesn't change how I play here at all, since I don't use cheap plugin/script crutches. :D

Nephtyes

Sorceror

hoglegs said:
I think this is a HUGE step in the right direction. Although I can see people making new accounts just to test what will and won't get them banned. Oh well, this doesn't change how I play here at all, since I don't use cheap plugin/script crutches. :D

Then maybe they should just ban their IP address to show people that they mean business.