UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Stop being retarded, Demise!

Re: Stop being retarded, Demise!

Nottheking;641806 said:
I'd still consider it acceptable,

No offense (not really) but no one cares what's convenient for you

I understand how multi-national this shard is, if foreign people want to give a million the abbreviation "kk", then by all means. I know exactly what they mean when they use it. They've even got me using it, just like I use "sacar" when withdrawing from my bank

a-e-i-Own-you;641824 said:
I understand how multi-national this shard is, if foreign people want to give a million the abbreviation "kk", then by all means.
If the Brazilians want to adopt this Chinese-invented convention as part of their language, they're free to do so... Over in the Portuguese-language section of the forums. It should be treated like any other languages; moderated if it appears in the English section, just like how forum bans are handed out for those that intentionally go and use English in the Portuguese and Chinese sections.

Conan22

Page

Nottheking;641821 said:
...Except that it's not. It's just outright poor language. On other shards you won't even see "kk." Such as on all OSI shards. They say things like "M" or "mil" or "million."

It's a "convention" almost entirely unique to Demise, due to, as I explained before, a group of Chinese players with apparently little to know knowledge in numbers, let alone English.

Sure, but anyway it's a convention, used by almost whole Demise. I think it's hard change things now.

I don't know how it's in USA severs, but there's some UO, Ragnarok, Priston, WoW, and another games brasilian servers using "kk" to refer to "million". I don't know why.

Nottheking;641825 said:
If the Brazilians want to adopt this Chinese-invented convention as part of their language, they're free to do so... Over in the Portuguese-language section of the forums. It should be treated like any other languages; moderated if it appears in the English section, just like how forum bans are handed out for those that intentionally go and use English in the Portuguese and Chinese sections.

So basically, anyone who uses the "kk" abbreviation needs to be moderated and doesn't belong in the trade forums?

You're quite a bigot; I sure hope you aren't a GM

a-e-i-Own-you;641884 said:
You're quite a bigot; I sure hope you aren't a GM
Playing the "racist card" are you, Mr. Canadian?

I'm merely noting what the rules are. Seriously, if you wrote a thread entirely in Portuguese, it would either be closed or moved to the appropriate forum. If you included portions in Portuguese, you'd be asked to use English for it instead. (or Portuguese instead were you posting this in the Portuguese forums)

Nottheking;641886 said:
I'm merely noting what the rules are. Seriously, if you wrote a thread entirely in Portuguese, it would either be closed or moved to the appropriate forum. If you included portions in Portuguese, you'd be asked to use English for it instead. (or Portuguese instead were you posting this in the Portuguese forums)

...Does seeing "kk" irritate you that much? I don't say this very often... but stop caring; your claim that anyone using the "kk" abbreviation needs to be moderated to the Portugese or Chinese forums is more of an opinion than a 'rule'

Ninjia

Knight

nvm
here have another language:Internet Language.
some one creat them ,and it has been accepted by most of ppl.so...

jaasso

Knight

well it seems demise didnt stop being retarded, 7 pages of angry posts on a topic like this. anyway why not use kk if yall understand what it means. (in fact i dont think demise is retarded ive tried many shards and its the best so far)

KickerofAssets

Sorceror

racist ? thats comical in itself. lemme go walk the streets of brazil and tell all the locals there they have to speak english as their first language. watch how fast i get punched in the face. in short, its an english site, its not proper exactly but hey, 1m makes sense for english speakers more than a fudged denomination that shouldnt ever have been.

lets try not to get to serious over this.

Hilde

Page

When I've first seen "kk" on demise I was like "WTF? What an idiot", just to see everyone (ok, most) using it. I have to admit that by now I say "kk", too. To me it's demise slang. I don't care if people write "kk", "M" or "mil", I know what they mean and everyone with a brain does too.

Just don't say "m" or I give you 1gp (5 milli, rounded up).

Lucifall

Knight

Nottheking;641821 said:
It's a "convention" almost entirely unique to Demise, due to, as I explained before, a group of Chinese players with apparently little to know knowledge in numbers, let alone English.

Your mind sure is wide. Brazilian users of any game use it. It has nothing to do with Chineses.

mantorras

Sorceror

Lucifall;641976 said:
Your mind sure is wide. Brazilian users of any game use it. It has nothing to do with Chineses.

This...
People in other 2 big uo shards I know use it, one is a Spanish shard the other is Italian.

The fact of the matter is, we all know what the abbreviation "kk" means, it's unnecessary to bitch and moan about how it isn't mathematically or grammatically correct. Claiming that it's a rule to use the appropriate language for appropriate forums is a valid point, but seeing many people use the abbreviation "kk" does not offend my Nationality, intelligence, or language.

Moderating posts because someone used the abbreviation "kk" = an absolutely obscene suggestion

I understand what it means, who gives a flying fuck?

Lucifall

Knight

a-e-i-Own-you;641980 said:
The fact of the matter is, we all know what the abbreviation "kk" means, it's unnecessary to bitch and moan about how it isn't mathematically or grammatically correct. Claiming that it's a rule to use the appropriate language for appropriate forums is a valid point, but seeing many people use the abbreviation "kk" does not offend my Nationality, intelligence, or language.

Moderating posts because someone used the abbreviation "kk" = an absolutely obscene suggestion

I understand what it means, who gives a flying fuck?
QFTMFT.

gugutz

Knight

Nottheking;641821 said:
...Except that it's not. It's just outright poor language. On other shards you won't even see "kk." Such as on all OSI shards. They say things like "M" or "mil" or "million."

It's a "convention" almost entirely unique to Demise

Wrong. In almost any shard i've played (brazilian or not), SEVERAL people would use KK instead of mil or million. Like it has been said, if KK makes no sense to you, using mil makes even less sense to us.
It may be academically not correct, but this is an online game, so why care this much?

Nottheking;641806 said:
Them just use "m;" I'd still consider it acceptable

Oh, if you would consider it ok, then we should do it rightaway!

Nottheking;641825 said:
If the Brazilians want to adopt this Chinese-invented convention as part of their language, they're free to do so... Over in the Portuguese-language section of the forums.

Now here i'll try to explain something to you that appearantly life still hasn't.

Only admins (read as leaders of a said community) should use that tone to enforce something over players (read as members of the said community).
This is not only a systematic rule, its basicly human common sense.
When you try to bypass that, you aren't changing anything, but simply taking the risk of modifying your image to the community that you are a part of.
Now, i believe that with most people here you are safe, since their opinion about you couldn't possibly go any lower, but try to be carefull with those who still, for some reason, respect you (kinda makes me wonder, since you have a serious problem with respecting anybody that is not over you on some hierachy or (god knows why) is your close friend)

Nottheking;641825 said:
It should be treated like any other languages; moderated if it appears in the English section, just like how forum bans are handed out for those that intentionally go and use English in the Portuguese and Chinese sections.

Being a pedant douche is one thing.
Now for someone who seems to have such a dedicaded will for learning and developing, this was probably the most pathetic and ignorant reply i've ever come to read from you (and believe me, there was a lot of them).

Bans are handed out to people who post in the Brazilian forums because, and only because, they are in most times made by retarded kids, who have no sense whatsoever of speaking that language, and posts are usually made with offensive intents.

Brazilians being banned, even if speaking perfectly understandable english, just because they use a unit system that displeases you is a little way too much, don't you think?

Nottheking;641886 said:

I won't write the same thing over again.
This quote was only a freebie to emphasize your ignorance.

When you become able to write and read portuguese like some of us do english, you are more than welcome to post in there.

a-e-i-Own-you;641141 said:
What really confused me was when Nottheking flamed the PvPers in my guild

One of the scariest moments in the history of this shard, for sure.
The fact that he manages to be pedant even in a subject in which he has such little experience with is at least noteworthy.