UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Stop being retarded, Demise!

Howl

Sorceror
Stop being retarded, Demise!

Say M or Mgp instead of kk, which makes hardly any fucking sense.

Davey_Havok

Sorceror
Re: Stop being retarded, Demise!

Howl;641079 said:
Say M or Mgp instead of kk, which makes hardly any fucking sense.

I have to say I agree, it has annoyed the shit out of me since the beginning.

But yeah, seriously. English is the main language of the shard... So unless you're posting in the Chinese/Portuguese sub-sections, write in English.

And again, it's not like those in Brazil and China are NOT familiar with the International System of Units. Don't they teach you that in primary school? Then you'd know that "kilo-" means x1,000, and is represented by "k." And that "mega-" means x1,000,000, and is represented by "M."

So yeah, I never recognize "kk" to mean a million in any of my selling threads. If you want to bid in millions, say something like "M," "mil," or hell, even "1,000k."

KickerofAssets;641113 said:
just makes more sense. =)
As I recall, it was originally due to the Chinese guild [R.W.], which demonstrated both a lack of understanding of English, and a lack of understanding of the very system of measurements used in every country* on the planet. So naturally, if "k" means x1,000, they think that "kk" must mean x1,000 x1,000.

*Technically, the USA has not adopted SI, but metric units actually *are* part of the USA's official system, which is actually a horrifyingly convoluted system that includes almost every unit ever invented.

Lucifall

Knight

Nottheking;641109 said:
But yeah, seriously. English is the main language of the shard... So unless you're posting in the Chinese/Portuguese sub-sections, write in English.

And again, it's not like those in Brazil and China are NOT familiar with the International System of Units. Don't they teach you that in primary school? Then you'd know that "kilo-" means x1,000, and is represented by "k." And that "mega-" means x1,000,000, and is represented by "M."

So yeah, I never recognize "kk" to mean a million in any of my selling threads. If you want to bid in millions, say something like "M," "mil," or hell, even "1,000k."
1000 x 1000 = 1,000,000 = kk. :)

Lucifall;641133 said:
1000 x 1000 = 1,000,000 = kk. :)
Except that "k" is not a variable. It's a suffix. If it were a variable, it'd be represented in italics, to denote that it was a variable. And of course, such variables are generally declared if you want people to understand them. So, what you say is incorrect. If you wanted to be correct, you'd phrase it as the following:
  • Where k = 1,000
  • 1kk = 1,000,000
Learn proper mathematics, people. ;)

EvilChild

Knight

1 k k

one thousand thousand

= 1 000 000

1 m

one million

= 1 000 000

similarly 1 b = 1 m k = 1 k k k or 1 t = 1 m m or any combinations of m/k/b

this should make sense to anyone with a math level above 5th grade

EvilChild;641144 said:
this should make sense to anyone who failed all their math above 5th grade
Fixed. Seriously, it's not that hard to get it right. See my posts.

EvilChild;641144 said:
1 k k

one thousand thousand

= 1 000 000

1 m

one million

= 1 000 000

similarly 1 b = 1 m k = 1 k k k or 1 t = 1 m m or any combinations of m/k/b

this should make sense to anyone with a math level above 5th grade

This is true, when you place 2 variables next to each other they multiply.

We know the value of k,

k = 1,000

Therefore? 10kk = 10,000,000

edit : if you try to get technical and tell me something like: "the 'k' isn't surrounded by a bracket", log out.

Buying Hunter's Headdress 5(k)(k)