UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

STAFF: guy trapping me with Wall of Stone

Re: STAFF: guy trapping me with Wall of Stone

ok bids for the lovely lady
rilose leads with 2 totems, an ltot and 5kk

Attachments

• slave.jpg
    slave.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 174

Argyle

Wanderer

Im with Drakull. The reward of the rules being broken should be taken away, just like the staff has done on other infractions. The rule should apply to anyone who breaks rules to deal with other rule breakers.

Tempest

Knight

Drakull-demise;435234 said:
To be honest, I think that what would be fair in this case is the following:
1) Jail time for the hiryu releaser (since he directly broke the rules).
2) Since the house owner also is part of the rule breaking (hitman/person hiring the hitman example), he should also be punished. Making his house (the gain obtained breaking the rules) back to the original size wouldn't really be a punishment, since the risk (staying as it was) vs gain breaking the rules (getting a bigger house) would not disencourage breaking the rules (gain vs no loss if caught, well... easy choice). So probably the best action would be (as it has been done in other cases before), setting the house in the "demolition stages". So other people thinking about breaking the rules to resize their places think twice before doing so (if you don't get caught you might suceed, but if you get caught, you lose the house).

I think that kind of measures would prevent (even if just because being scared of the punishment) other people from griefing players and breaking the rules in similar situations, but again, just my opinion.
(Sorry, Eby, I like you man, but that doesn't make what you did less wrong).

For one, staff can give a rat`s ass about your input.

For two, staff have their own measures as to what happens to rule breakers so don`t bother telling them HOW to punish people on THEIR server.

Thanks.

rilose

Page

Argyle;435247 said:
Im with Drakull. The reward of the rules being broken should be taken away, just like the staff has done on other infractions. The rule should apply to anyone who breaks rules to deal with other rule breakers.

I've been watching this thread intently, and I totally agree! YOu know I journey'd past that area for a few days after that idoc fell. There were a few ppl that camped out there for several days. As far as I'm concerned that kind of dedication, they deserve that spot!

And as for anyone letting mounts loose, I think we are all FED-UP with that! I don't care what the reason is, against the rules or not, it's not good!

Most all of us know that there are and have always been a certain 'code of conduct' that we the players govern over. And you always have those few that don't want to play by the rules and make things hard on the rest of us.

But I agree with the way this thread is going.

EDIT: and if you read the above post you can see what I"m talking about!! And you know it's pretty sad, cause I have met a few ppl in ZEN that are really good people. Fair, honest players that enjoy quality PVP! But sad thing is that these kind of poeple are destroying what they have build. Most powerful guild on shard? Yes probably... Most respected, I think not!

lordwolfx

Knight

ack-sync-request;434389 said:
Based on your screenshots you're trying to script house placement. Isin't that illegal too? They were probably trying to stop you from doing that.

its not illegal if he was using Razor, and obviously he wasent afk, he was there to take screenshots

yes this is griefing, DONT POST IT ON FORUMS, PAGE A STAFF MEMBER, DONT TELL THEM YOUR PAGING A STAFF MEMBER, this way staff catches them red handed

Tempest

Knight

rilose;435254 said:
I've been watching this thread intently, and I totally agree! YOu know I journey'd past that area for a few days after that idoc fell. There were a few ppl that camped out there for several days. As far as I'm concerned that kind of dedication, they deserve that spot!

And as for anyone letting mounts loose, I think we are all FED-UP with that! I don't care what the reason is, against the rules or not, it's not good!

Most all of us know that there are and have always been a certain 'code of conduct' that we the players govern over. And you always have those few that don't want to play by the rules and make things hard on the rest of us.

But I agree with the way this thread is going.

EDIT: and if you read the above post you can see what I"m talking about!! And you know it's pretty sad, cause I have met a few ppl in ZEN that are really good people. Fair, honest players that enjoy quality PVP! But sad thing is that these kind of poeple are destroying what they have build. Most powerful guild on shard? Yes probably... Most respected, I think not!

I don`t know how matter of factly I can be. You`re sitting here agreeing to some shit that would never happen.

Open your eyes into reality. Honestly. Would staff handle shit their way or yours?

I don`t mean to sound like a complete douche but get a grip people.

[Drakull]

Knight

Hyphy Train;435250 said:
For one, staff can give a rat`s ass about your input.
For two, staff have their own measures as to what happens to rule breakers so don`t bother telling them HOW to punish people on THEIR server.
Thanks.

For one, I'm entitled to offer my opinion/input, the same way you are.
For two, I'm not telling the staff how to punish people, but again, offering my opinion on what I think would be fair (based on previous staff decissions and based on the rules). I'm not asking them to follow what I say, nor to even pay attention to what I write, but that doesn't take either away the validity of my statements.
For third, why the hell when a member of a guild (no matter what guild, it's always the same) breaks the rules, gets away with it and people says in the forums what they think about it, a guildmate always shows up to "politely" ask everybody to shut the f*** up and care about their own business?? Can't we just discuss things in a civilized way?

rilose

Page

Hyphy Train;435259 said:
I don`t know how matter of factly I can be. You`re sitting here agreeing to some shit that would never happen.

Open your eyes into reality. Honestly. Would staff handle shit their way or yours?

I don`t mean to sound like a complete douche but get a grip people.

Dude I didn't say a single thing about staff!!!! Not my place to say staff should or shouldn't do anything! You need to go back and reread, or have someone read it for you if you can't!

I was referring to the 'code of conduct' that players should put upon thierselves!

Tempest

Knight

Drakull-demise;435263 said:
For one, I'm entitled to offer my opinion/input, the same way you are.
For two, I'm not telling the staff how to punish people, but again, offering my opinion on what I think would be fair (based on previous staff decissions and based on the rules). I'm not asking them to follow what I say, nor to even pay attention to what I write, but that doesn't take either away the validity of my statements.
For third, why the hell when a member of a guild (no matter what guild, it's always the same) breaks the rules, gets away with it and people says in the forums what they think about it, a guildmate always shows up to "politely" ask everybody to shut the f*** up and care about their own business?? Can't we just discuss things in a civilized way?

See that`s the problem, you people have no clue what happened. I know there is at LEAST one post in here, specifically by Cronus, stating that the problem has been solved.

Jumping to conclusions as to whether the people who broke the rules were punished or not is moot because Cronus says that the problem has been dealt with and that`s that.

Eby was innocent. You can want to make him lose his house all you want but I`ll say this: lay off his case goddamnit.

lordwolfx

Knight

Drakull-demise;435209 said:
Well, if you please take my input as just an opinion, I think that in this case you might (note the "might") be not as right as usually:
The home owner has several ways within the rules to expand his house without breaking the rules, plus he is in no way forced to expand his house if he doesn't want to risk the plot:
1) without trapping the possible placer, create a "barrier" on the visibility of the player that does not trap him but just block his targeting to the selected area.
2) waiting until the player is AFK or not around at all and (if afk follow method 1), resize his house then. The same way that other players, including myself, have done in the past to resize their plots: waiting until the person gets tired of waiting or is not around after a server restart...

It also makes a comparative grievance to the other player who was also wanting to resize his plot, but, since he had no guildies around to do the "dirty job" and kept within the rules "lost" part of his plot.

If you are allowed to "temporarelly" break the rules with the excuse of "defending your plot for a resize", that entitles you to release pets to do so or to blatantly grief another player for a couple mins just to do so.

Also one comment about "punishing the releaser". We know how this works and Eby is smart enough not to release himself the hiryu to kill the guy, but to ask to a guildie or a friend to do so for him with an account that can take the "punishment" without risking his own house in the process.... is that seriously fair?
Irl if you hire a hitman to kill someone you are as responsible as the hitman for that death. Here if you hire a hitman to do the dirty job to be able (in this case) to resize a plot before someone else's does, well... you just get the reward and no punishment.... so basically, if you are in a guild and have a "escape goat" that you can use for the dirty jobs you can do what you want? Let's put another example: a house in IDOC in a remote place, another Idocer around and you call your friend to release a pet on him right before the house fells so you can get the items and then share with your friend when he gets released from jail... wouldn't that be the same.

+ rep

as for Cronus "bending the rules this once"

umm

rule broken = rule broken ?

i see this entire thing as a blatant mis-use of abusing game mechanics...

i dont care what people think about the "scripter" (ZOMG HE USES RAZOR HE HACKS) its very easy to set a Razor script to slap a plot down based on relative location, he was legally following the game mechanics

ive gotten more than 4 people banned for griefing me, its not that i couldent have put their mouth on a curb in fel, and needed the extra help, but i simply CHOOSE TO FOLLOW FACET RULES when being in that Facet, not get off easy because me and my buddys want to blatantyly break the rules, abuse game mechanics in a facet where greifing isnt supposed to occure (its why trammal was created).

Im utterly Disgusted with hearing about this

[Drakull]

Knight

Hyphy Train;435269 said:
Jumping to conclusions as to whether the people who broke the rules were punished or not is moot because Cronus says that the problem has been dealt with and that`s that.

Eby was innocent. You can want to make him lose his house all you want but I`ll say this: lay off his case goddamnit.
Eby was innocent? to be honest it doesn't look like. Even if he had not been directly the one who released the pet he took advantage of an illegal action for his own benefit. If he was not involved at all, the right way to act would have been paging the GM's to punish the pet releaser and help the person being attacked (instead of taking advantage of it).

lordwolfx

Knight

Hyphy Train;435269 said:
See that`s the problem, you people have no clue what happened. I know there is at LEAST one post in here, specifically by Cronus, stating that the problem has been solved.

i see screenshots of a walled player, not in fel (clear violation of the rules)
people even admited there was a hiryu release (clear violation of the rules)

ZOMG IT WASENT MY HIRYU I RAN TOO

thats what happens when a hiryu is released, it will attack his old master as well.... dosent mean anything, its just a subjective and misleading arguement in order to side step blaim, clearly tags GUILTY over that players head.

well I DO have a problem with how this was handled by staff, and I dont care if they dont like I said just, just the same as im pretty sure they dont really give a flying kite that I said it either.

Simple fact is, even Cronus basicly said he was allowing rules to be broken, because the player had something to lose...

well...

im tired of spending my time in Gauntlet and not getting anything because of scripters, maybe i should start using EUO again and start autolooting stuff too, isnt that fair in the same light ?

rilose

Page

Drakull-demise;435272 said:
Eby was innocent? to be honest it doesn't look like. Even if he had not been directly the one who released the pet he took advantage of an illegal action for his own benefit. If he was not involved at all, the right way to act would have been paging the GM's to punish the pet releaser and help the person being attacked (instead of taking advantage of it).

EXACTLY!!!! 'player code of conduct'

Pont

Knight

Yes indeed...

Attachments

• iStock_can%20of%20worms.jpg
    iStock_can%20of%20worms.jpg
    262.3 KB · Views: 131

lordwolfx

Knight

Drakull-demise;435272 said:

This whole "i was in danger of the hiryu" thing is just retarded. Any Experianced player could stay alive vs 5 hiryus, with masters, trying to kill him, its not that hard...

1 hiryu is nothing against an experianced mage wearing a suit... even without summons, because its in town.

thats not even to say how easy it is to hit "cast invisility hotkey", mines F4, "Target self hotkey" mines shift+mousewheel down, and just let someone else take the heat for it....

A) a player was walled in a trammal rule facet, with express (and admitted) intent to stop him from using a game mechanic, ILLEGAL BASED ON RULES

B) Hiryu WAS released with intent to kill a player (saying otherwise is so retarded its not even funny)

Tempest

Knight

lordwolfx;435274 said:
i see screenshots of a walled player, not in fel (clear violation of the rules)
people even admited there was a hiryu release (clear violation of the rules)

ZOMG IT WASENT MY HIRYU I RAN TOO

thats what happens when a hiryu is released, it will attack his old master as well.... dosent mean anything, its just a subjective and misleading arguement in order to side step blaim, clearly tags GUILTY over that players head.

well I DO have a problem with how this was handled by staff, and I dont care if they dont like I said just, just the same as im pretty sure they dont really give a flying kite that I said it either.

Simple fact is, even Cronus basicly said he was allowing rules to be broken, because the player had something to lose...

well...

im tired of spending my time in Gauntlet and not getting anything because of scripters, maybe i should start using EUO again and start autolooting stuff too, isnt that fair in the same light ?

Good you saw screen shots, I`m glad you can see. Now let`s see if you can comprehend.

Eby was not walling. Eby doesn`t have any characters even named Ramiah.

Eby`s tamer didn`t release the hiryu, provide the hiryu, tame the hiryu, train the hiryu, or fondle the hiryu. Hell, Eby didn`t even know WHO the owner of the hiryu was.

Eby said that Seer Zatoichi even went through the logs to see who the previous owner was and it didn`t lead to any of Eby`s characters. He also continued to say that the perpetrator was jailed for their offense.

Now, what was done wrong here? A guildmate was used to break the rules? He didn`t fucking force any of them against their will. He didn`t put their Zen tag on the line to do so. Why would he be at fault if the person who was walling went on their own free will and did it because they wanted to? You people assume too much shit.