UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Shard is down - Denial of Service

joyk

Wanderer
Re: Shard is down - Denial of Service

this is my 4th day or so playing so this really sucks hahah, but im under the impression that this does not happen frequently, so i'll cut the server a break

it is by far the best free server i have played, the staff really know how to run a server well

_Choru_

Master of the Interweb

PhoenixDIE said:
you know...im not bitching about the server or anything..but THIS IS FUCKING SAD SAD SAD fucking world..i just dont get it..i waz just watching the news and some guy in Sherwood park(17 year old teen) waz at a house party and some roudy guys got kicked out and came back in the morning and killed him...they used metal pipes and BEAR SPRay! can you belive that shit....BEAR SPRAY!!! i just dont get what the world is comeing to....ohh..he died sunday morning from massin troma to the head....I live in Edmonton Alberta in Canada..any one wants to look up some news on it go ahead..easy to find online! but you know..just goes to show...if this world dont change someday then whats the diffrence from this world and what people want to call HELL! becuse if you think if it..this seems like hell! not becuase UO is down...but becuse BS like this is happananing EVERY weekend and people are just getting used to it! they dont seem to care! Are Cops 'GREEN TEAM' they bust grow ops ops in are city just busted another house! they spend SO MUCH TIME searching for Weed grow ops that kids can die at random all over this city and no one seems to care! man...im a 21 year old and it just sickens me to look outside sometimes or watch TV...Im Even thinking i dont EVER want to make a child grow up in a world like this...hehe..well.i think i typed enough....sorry..just watched the news and needed to bitch..hope people understand....Hey RYAN....you guys are awsome...sorry to hear about the Ddos..that fucker really needs to be tought a lesson...well..thx for lisnten guys! peace out!

I would rather get beaten in the face with metal poles than read this post again.

darthjesus said:
due to the amount of flames ive been getting lately, i will only give a response to the ones that have basis, or were written by people having atleast a 6th grade level in reading and writing, thank you
-ehren

well i'm sorry, but you obviously dont know your grammar either.

"e basis, or were wri"
no comma goes there.. there is no direct object in the latter part of the sentence. how about you dont write in run-ons and learn grammar at the highschool level instead of 6th grade. kths

Fletcher

Wanderer

Here Here, Poker for the win. It's time to go make some money until the server comes back up.
-Gin

UnderWaterman said:

"e basis, or were wri"
no comma goes there.. there is no direct object in the latter part of the sentence. how about you dont write in run-ons and learn grammar at the highschool level instead of 6th grade. kths
why dont you decide if your flaming me or how i type before u wake up at 7:30 am to post some bullshit.
you went from:
UnderWaterman said:
didnt you quit the shard and die?
to attacking my grammar, obviously you dont know what ur upset about. maybe you should take your ritalin, and go cuddle your mommy, until this world makes a little more sense to you.

_Choru_

Master of the Interweb

UnderWaterman said:

"e basis, or were wri"

Need I say more?

R

Ryan

Blood On Me said:
Wierd last time this server got DoS attacked .Rebirth went down as well as

all the web sites an servers . Wow you guys must change hosting alot.

Maybe im missing something. I Host Game servers I've never seen this before lol you guys must be loved. There are ways to stop it !!!

I've been doing this for almost a decade now.

When you're in a facility that has 23 Gigabit links to various providers and those links get SATURATED by a denial of service attack, that causes edge routers to fail... there IS NO WAY TO STOP THAT GENIOUS.

Thanks.

_Choru_

Master of the Interweb

Ryan said:
I've been doing this for almost a decade now.

When you're in a facility that has 23 Gigabit links to various providers and those links get SATURATED by a denial of service attack, that causes edge routers to fail... there IS NO WAY TO STOP THAT GENIOUS.

Thanks.

You seem to know a lot about computers and how they work, some people do not, like myself, along with many other UOG:H users, some of us have the sense to realise you know more than us on this topic, and just assume you are doing the right thing. However other people accept your knowledge on this topic is great than their own but still wish to bitch, cry and moan. Just ignore them, they are clearly ignorant assholes.

I know that the RunUO team will do everything they can (although I do not think they can do a lot in this situation) to get UOG:H back up and running ASAP.

Looking forward, maybe we could get Terron to make a quick family phone call and get Wario to go deal with the DoSSers?

Highlander-hybrid

Legendary Member

I just finished reading the player guide to rebirth, I think we need a housing system like that, where if you get the key, you can get in and take stuff ( maybe have a limit on it). Non insta kill guads as well :).

I have someone helping me out with it now, UOG:H for life though :).

Stides40oz

Knight

Highlander said:
I just finished reading the player guide to rebirth, I think we need a housing system like that, where if you get the key, you can get in and take stuff ( maybe have a limit on it).

I have someone helping me out with it now, UOG:H for life though :).
Ya i agree there should be a way to raid peoples houses. I dont think taking items is cool but like banning people should be taken away. Just leave the remove thyself option. And if people locked the doors u should be able to break them down by like casting spells on the door until u caused it enough damage to fall. That would be freakin' awesome.

CrazyJoey

Sorceror

StIdes40oz said:
Ya i agree there should be a way to raid peoples houses. I dont think taking items is cool but like banning people should be taken away. Just leave the remove thyself option. And if people locked the doors u should be able to break them down by like casting spells on the door until u caused it enough damage to fall. That would be freakin' awesome.

Go play harry potter...