UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Sallos is down, literally zero action going on right now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emo Phag

Sorceror
So... I tried playing on razor again.. I gave it a good long while but I can't get over the change in graphics. It's as if I downgraded to a pentium 186 and I'm getting screen tearing. I didn't really have a problem pvping as such (apart from some overlook-able cosmetic issues with spell animation) but I simply cannot play with the game running like that, it gives me a headache.

Here's to hoping that a fix for the plugin abuse is underway and that sallos will be back online in a few days, allowing pvp to return to normal.

Seven Jr

Sorceror
maybe if you have actually watched the videos posted in PVP section before it was closed, don't make it sound like ^SM is the only guild who wands/offscreen rofl.

only video i watched without guilds offscreening/wanding and not using sallos is videos way back by EQMS, every other top guilds who posted pvp videos do wand sync/offscreen and uses sallos. just so you know

but all these are discussions are pointless and time will tell whether its a good thing sallos is removed

Actually, if you read what you quoted I stated "For example". It doesn't mean other guilds don't do it, don't get butt hurt over it. ^SM is just the biggest bunch of babies I've seen that's why their name popped up first.

Seven Jr

Sorceror
have you read/try what they say about UOA ? about how it can do what sallos can and even more ? =\

Have you tried AUO yet? A lot of the claims are false. I've used it and there are a lot of handy features about it, biggest complaint I've heard is the auto loot feature. It's essentially a scavenger agent, I could still use Sallos and loot an entire corpse before it AUO loots half of it with this so called "cheat" (autoloot) No one can disagree with that, the delay is staggering. Maybe instead of jumping on the band wagon you should try it first.

Why is it that the Sallos users are crying about this change that's going to happen in the future and the Razor players don't care 1 way or the other? Truthfully if they wanted to get rid of Razor and AUO and only use Sallos I STILL wouldn't care, I would adjust to it if I was being forced to just to play here. Why the hell can't you guys? Why are you clawing, crying and not being rational?

Sallos is outdated, eventually it will be useless here due to the constant updates to the client that Sallos doesn't get anymore because no one keeps up with the changes to the client. Razor has to make updates to be compatible with the server, so does Sallos, it's why you can't update past a certain patch. Eventually you'll only be able to download this from a torrent site because the version you run is obsolete just to support Sallos.

It has nothing to do with anyones personal attack on Sallos, it's just outdated and can't keep up with what's going on in UO (Or won't in the very near future) So quit yelling at Razor users saying they're the problem, they're stupid w/e. I choose to use Razor, as does Heavy and soooo many other people, it's a preference just like a Sallos user. Truthfully I think the graphics between the two, Sallos is hideous. Just stop with the finger pointing already, if you want to blame anyone for it, blame Krioss for not updating it anymore.

Seven Jr

Sorceror
to razor and AUO fan.
which part of sallos should removed?

What does it matter? Sallos is outdated, that's why it's being phased out.... Even if they were keeping it around, cut off recalls should be done away with. Clicking on your radar and instantly recalling to a fight on the run in the middle of no where is absurd. Aside from that, it's the game mechanics they designed that should be dealt with IMO that neither Sallos or Razor could help. I wouldn't mind a delay in between drag to bag either.

Death To You

Sorceror
By the time Sallos becomes outdated with patches uo will be pretty much dead. I've been using the same patch for I don't know how many years.

Seven Jr

Sorceror
By the time Sallos becomes outdated with patches uo will be pretty much dead. I've been using the same patch for I don't know how many years.

Its been pretty much dead for 5 years :p You guys already don't see a lot of content that is in the game. Eventually this could become a huge problem is more what I'm getting at. As I've stated, I have about 1 problem with Sallos (aside from the obvious hacked clients) and that's the cut off feature. Take that out and I could care less, hell I already care less that just urks me.

hulryung

Sorceror
Its been pretty much dead for 5 years :p You guys already don't see a lot of content that is in the game. Eventually this could become a huge problem is more what I'm getting at. As I've stated, I have about 1 problem with Sallos (aside from the obvious hacked clients) and that's the cut off feature. Take that out and I could care less, hell I already care less that just urks me.

ok. you will not cry anymore if cut off feature is disabled in sallos. right?
if you so, you have to "request disable that feature"
I don't understand why people keep looking for the reason why the sallos was an evil in this shard.
like witch hunter and KKK

Seven Jr

Sorceror
ok. you will not cry anymore if cut off feature is disabled in sallos. right?
if you so, you have to "request disable that feature"
I don't understand why people keep looking for the reason why the sallos was an evil in this shard.
like witch hunter and KKK

You're still not reading what I'm telling you... I'm not crying about anything, you are. You asked what people hated the most about it and I told you. You're clearly illiterate and need to relearn english. I'm sorry but you are beginning to piss me off. I am not the one concerned about Sallos, I'm not even bashing it, I have been in support for both clients EXCEPT FOR the cut off. So shut your fucking mouth and do some reading first.

Bile

Knight
How about we stop flirting around with ourselves and actually get shit done? Razor, Sallos, and this new plague AssistUO are all from the same pile of shit that has been manifesting itself for years. It's been a decade and were still using hand-me-downs from OSI, which isn't a bad thing, but we should have done better within that time. Whether it's you, me, or some other Hominid; How about we take control of our playground and make something we can thoroughly enjoy? Fuck all these "Assist" programs and get to creating an All-in-One client that we can slap a "RunUO" sticker on the side and boast about it to catch the attention of the internet. You may have asked yourself; "Why the fuck is this guy ranting?", well for the same reason this thread is 10 pages long; shit ain't good.

What we need to be working on?
  • Updated Spell Animation - Yes, Krrios/Sallos already has some changes in regards to making some spells look pretty and how they operate, but we can definitely add more to it; Paralyze turning someone to stone or frozen in placement sparking with electricity or someone being choked to death by a Poison cloud perhaps pulsating when it ticks for damage?
  • Actual Emotes - Not new, but a throwback to the Third Dawn client that had a drop down menu that you could select and execute a dozen or so of actual character jesters - My favorite being "Fall Down"
  • Actual Animations - Tree's swaying side to side, flowers fluttering, or SHADOWS!
  • Proper Client Mechanics - There needs to be some regulation in regards to "assisting" and "doing". The ability to Queue Targets in accompany to Looping them should be taken out of actual gameplay - I understand this isn't a problem on the PreAos front, but it's rampant Post and removes an enormous chunk of skill to playing a mage. I'm a firm believer of 'Action Based Combat', thus I hotkey each spell and target them at my discretion and believe everyone should. Though, Queuing and Looping are needed to train skills so my theory behind separating them would be a 'switch' upon login; Playing Mode & Training Mode - The difference? One would allow full functionality to its script tool and the other would strip it down to its bare bones, but that being said why would anyone bother with 'Playing Mode'? Well, how about we make 'Training Mode' only work in secure log out locations, ie houses or inns - otherwise none of its scripting feature work. I understand this would destroy resource gathering, but c'mon that shit needs to be done by hand anyways you pussies.
The list could be endless, but this is just a thought.. I'd be nice to play a modernized Ultima, while still keeping true to that gritty feel and I believe we can take it to the next level with an "All in One" client that tends to everyone's personality.

Blacula

Knight
How about we stop flirting around with ourselves and actually get shit done? Razor, Sallos, and this new plague AssistUO are all from the same pile of shit that has been manifesting itself for years. It's been a decade and were still using hand-me-downs from OSI, which isn't a bad thing, but we should have done better within that time. Whether it's you, me, or some other Hominid; How about we take control of our playground and make something we can thoroughly enjoy? Fuck all these "Assist" programs and get to creating an All-in-One client that we can slap a "RunUO" sticker on the side and boast about it to catch the attention of the internet. You may have asked yourself; "Why the fuck is this guy ranting?", well for the same reason this thread is 10 pages long; shit ain't good.

• Updated Spell Animation - Yes, Krrios/Sallos already has some changes in regards to making some spells look pretty and how they operate, but we can definitely add more to it; Paralyze turning someone to stone or frozen in placement sparking with electricity or someone being choked to death by a Poison cloud perhaps pulsating when it ticks for damage?
  • Actual Emotes - Not new, but a throwback to the Third Dawn client that had a drop down menu that you could select and execute a dozen or so of actual character jesters - My favorite being "Fall Down"
  • Actual Animations - Tree's swaying side to side, flowers fluttering, or SHADOWS!
  • Proper Client Mechanics - There needs to be some regulation in regards to "assisting" and "doing". The ability to Queue Targets in accompany to Looping them should be taken out of actual gameplay - I understand this isn't a problem on the PreAos front, but it's rampant Post and removes an enormous chunk of skill to playing a mage. I'm a firm believer of 'Action Based Combat', thus I hotkey each spell and target them at my discretion and believe everyone should. Though, Queuing and Looping are needed to train skills so my theory behind separating them would be a 'switch' upon login; Playing Mode & Training Mode - The difference? One would allow full functionality to its script tool and the other would strip it down to its bare bones, but that being said why would anyone bother with 'Playing Mode'? Well, how about we make 'Training Mode' only work in secure log out locations, ie houses or inns - otherwise none of its scripting feature work. I understand this would destroy resource gathering, but c'mon that shit needs to be done by hand anyways you pussies.
The list could be endless, but this is just a thought.. I'd be nice to play a modernized Ultima, while still keeping true to that gritty feel and I believe we can take it to the next level with an "All in One" client that tends to everyone's personality.

This 100%. But I want those boss Sallos lightning bolts + targeting reticules for AoE's :D

Even if we had an All in One client people will still find ways to cheat. Everyone has to find an easy way around it all. Sallos is gone so people hop on AssistUO and EasyUO to help in Razor. It's pathetic. Just play razor god damnet! So many people do it, why can't just everyone? If you don't know how to set macros I can easily help, I have played it fine for about two years and it doesn't need any assistance added to it. Yes it has a little bit of lag, and the targeting isn't all too great but you learn how to work with it. Before i moved to college I probably had one of the most shittiest internet connections and I was still able to play at a high level of PvP.

These arnt bad idea's at all, I think other stuff needs to be finished or fixed before starting more projects tho.

Uomvp

Knight
What did you expect? People are posting that they are cheating or accusing people of cheating. It's pretty obvious Ryan would get rid of it. People will always try to cheat the system and in the end they will always get caught and try to blame others. I "like" sallos but i'm not sad to see it go.

Status
Not open for further replies.