UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

RFC: Reds and Towns

What do think about the following suggested changes?

• I like it

Votes: 355 38.6%
  • I hate it

Votes: 340 37.0%
  • I like some of it

Votes: 166 18.0%
  • I don't really care

Votes: 59 6.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: RFC: Reds and Towns

GimpCent;1587096 said:
Why do reds want to be in guard zones anyways?

Reds please respond no whining just explaining your point of view on why you should be allowed in town if you can't bank. If bankers won't let you bank why would guards let you in town?

imo it is fun to see how long i can set without 20 blues trying to kill me :)

The Noid

Wanderer

right, running into an invisible wall with a message saying DURR U CANT COME IN
as a blue makes more sense then letting the noob who's dump consists of ebolting until he runs out of mana then running away get raped like he should

I_have_fans

Wanderer

Anybody who voted "I like it" should go back to OSI and head to Trammel.. Keep it how it is. Reds are fair game in town.. They can't attack blues but they can be attacked by any blue and they know that.. Why change it to dampen the PVP even more?..

If anything take off the NPC guard calling in town when looting a blue corpse.

maybe blues could get guard killed too if they had attacked a red and then went running into town...hahaha. that would be slightly funny...meh. im sure something could be done about that problem (problem of blues dumping or whatever and then running to guard protection that is).

The Noid

Wanderer

the people who want this are the same type of people whos kills come solely from ganking reds who just finished dueling at snowy death, or using a red character to kill people afking at their house, cause they get gimped trying to fight an active player.

the main problem with this shard is player initiative, and lack of organization.

its not hard to get a bunch of guys together in ventrilo and roll around. id love to see more warring, blue vs red guilds and stuff like that.

back on chesapeake in the days, youd have an OiN scout meet a A*G raid party at Buccs or Occlo, and then all of a sudden you have OiN vs A*G and then 2 more guild scouts come by and all of a sudden you have total chaos

really all that needs to be done is people need to start making guilds and rolling out in crews that dont just offscreen after one dump and actually stay and heal an offensive attack

I_have_fans

Wanderer

GimpCent;1587096 said:
Why do reds want to be in guard zones anyways?

Bankers won't let reds bank why should guards let player killers into town?

Heavy, last I knew we didn't have a red problem we had more of a player problem currently

Reds want to be in guard zones to find a fight, not bank. We're open to thieves and open to 20v1's.. Let us stay in guarded towns.. Take that away then take a little more away.. etc.. it won't be long until there's a Trammel.

I_have_fans;1587105 said:
Reds want to be in guard zones to find a fight, not bank. We're open to thieves and open to 20v1's.. Let us stay in guarded towns.. Take that away then take a little more away.. etc.. it won't be long until there's a Trammel.

Agree.

Gaiden

Wanderer

I would like to see a town reds could go to do their business such as bank or shop for regs with out having to worry about being attacked by blues.

* Blues no longer allowed in red guarded towns (killed on sight by guards)

Honestly this would be pretty cool imop.

I think it's only fair though that if a blue attacks a red the red should be able to chase that person into a guarded zone with out fear of being guard killed same could apply for a red guarded town.

GimpCent

Knight

The Noid;1587100 said:
right, running into an invisible wall with a message saying DURR U CANT COME IN
as a blue makes more sense then letting the noob who's dump consists of ebolting until he runs out of mana then running away get raped like he should

who said you needed to pk at Brit GY which is kinda hmm a noobie training place...?

I_have_fans

Wanderer

Gaiden;1587108 said:
I would like to see a town reds could go to do their business such as bank or shop for regs with out having to worry about being attacked by blues.

Honestly this would be pretty cool imop.

I think it's only fair though that if a blue attacks a red the red should be able to chase that person into a guarded zone with out fear of being guard killed same could apply for a red guarded town.

Wrong. There are plenty of towns and reds can't PK in town unless the person is AFK in which case they might deserve it.. They aren't going to designate more than Bucs to reds.. So you're saying you want a Trammel? Maybe you should go back to OSI where you can be safe.. It's fine the way it is right now. If you want to stay in town and not worry about being PK'd.. Don't go afk away from the bank or NPC and don't attack a red.. It's that simple.

josh223

Wanderer

I like it as long as occlo remains unguarded. There's really not much of a point for a PK to be in town, other than to bank of course. In that case there's Occlo and Buc's Den. Murderers shouldn't have life easy, it's like playing the game on a harder difficulty. It's not catering to the blues, it's just cutting them a break.

Blesum

Wanderer

In all out honesty, the only change I think we should see is a Tramme/Felucca type deal, Trammel being towns for blues, felucca being towns for reds...
yeah I said it, u can go in trammel as a red, or felucca as a blue
if anyone attacks anyone in guards, boom wacked
why not just do that form of a change, then reds could sit in town all day and not have to worry about being killed by another red (same as a blue does)
hell, why dont we just get rid of ALL TOWNS and just have shops, no guards anywhere...
then red tamers wouldnt have to worry about getting their mares boated because blues gank them, cuz reds surely cant come into towns and gank blues and bring their mares out and boat them, which is all occlo and bucs is, pure pvp towns in which most tamers get their mares boated at, red or blue...
BTW- i got reds and blues so im looking at it in two perspectives. and whoopi ive been on UO about as long as its been out, and i quit osi cuz they made stupid changes that ruined the game, which is basically what this poll is having us vote about... adding trammel basically on a "pure pvp type server"

GimpCent

Knight

I_have_fans;1587112 said:
Wrong. There are plenty of towns and reds can't PK in town unless the person is AFK in which case they might deserve it.. They aren't going to designate more than Bucs to reds.. So you're saying you want a Trammel? Maybe you should go back to OSI where you can be safe.. It's fine the way it is right now. If you want to stay in town and not worry about being PK'd.. Don't go afk away from the bank or NPC and don't attack a red.. It's that simple.

Stop crying wolf about Trammel, this change isn't trammel in any which way or form. Don't make it over dramatic and I didn't vote one way or another.

Gaiden;1587108 said:

might be fun to try at least..

GimpCent;1587118 said:
they have turned off guards time to time

thats not really what i meant to try{guards turned off). heh. but i bet when they did that it sure was interesting. either i wasnt playing those times or i wasnt on hybrid yet.
anyways. yeah. good nite.

Gaiden

Wanderer

I_have_fans;1587112 said:
Re-read my post for one. I hated Trammel what did I say in my post that insinuated I wanted Trammel? I was trying to make a point, I'm guessing you did not understand. I play mainly reds, I quit playing UO / OSI when they created Trammel.

If they decide to implement one of the following:
Request for comment on the following possible changes:

* Reds no longer allowed in guarded towns (killed on sight by guards)
* 15 second grace period before guards can be called to instantly kill a murderer upon entry to the guarded town.
* A player must call guards to have a murderer instantly killed, not an NPC
* Moongates and other miscellaneous guarded areas retain current functionality (guarded, but not kill zones)
Then they might as well make a Trammel.

I_have_fans

Wanderer

GimpCent;1587116 said:
Stop crying wolf about Trammel, this change isn't trammel in any which way or form. Don't make it over dramatic and I didn't vote one way or another.

It's the first step in that direction.. The direction which ruined UO in the first place.

What is wrong with reds being in town? You'll get PK'd macroing afk? Most reds don't do that anyways.. It's almost always a blue with few counts that will kill you.

You don't want to attack a red then chase him out of town and run into 5 more? Don't attack reds if you don't want to die. They can't kill you unless you attack first.

KEEP REDS IN GUARD PROTECT UNDER THE SAME RULES AS IS. No experienced pvper would vote for this change.. Only PVMers, which there are no monsters in town to begin with. I was under the impression that this was a PVP based server.

Status
Not open for further replies.