UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

RFC: Reds and Towns

What do think about the following suggested changes?

• I like it

Votes: 355 38.6%
  • I hate it

Votes: 340 37.0%
  • I like some of it

Votes: 166 18.0%
  • I don't really care

Votes: 59 6.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark

Knight
RFC: Reds and Towns

DO NOT PANIC OR GET UPSET. THIS IS JUST AN IDEA.

Request for comment on the following possible changes:

• Reds no longer allowed in guarded towns (killed on sight by guards)
  • 15 second grace period before guards can be called to instantly kill a murderer upon entry to the guarded town.
  • A player must call guards to have a murderer instantly killed, not an NPC
  • Moongates and other miscellaneous guarded areas retain current functionality (guarded, but not kill zones)

Please post your thoughts and general feelings on the above.

EDIT:

The 15 second grace period would only apply to being killed simply for being in the region. I think its worth considering because as some people have already pointed out, it sucks getting instantly killed for taking one step too many. While under the grace period any criminal actions would still make you eligible to be instantly killed.

The NPC guard calling would also only apply to simply being in the region. NPCs would still call guards for criminal actions. Reds should be able to sneak around if they feel brave.

Moongates are interesting. Making them unguarded results in them being camped, making them instant kill zones for murderers gives blues a safe spot in random areas in the forests. This seems like a good compromise.

LKP

Forum Member of the year 09'
Re: RFC: Reds and Towns

I do like the grace period if you're going to do it at all, but why change it? I like being able to go to town on my red.

EDIT: For the record, whenever someone starts a statement with "DO NOT PANIC," it's usually time to start panicking.

superdude

Wanderer

At first I didnt mind reds in town but lately people gating in like five naked reds to exp eb a bunch of people is just retarded, anybody that tries to argue that is just weird, anyways I agree with the proposed changes.

Mark;1586937 said:
[*]Reds no longer allowed in guarded towns (killed on sight by guards)

Hate this.

Mark;1586937 said:
[*]A player must call guards to have a murderer instantly killed, not an NPC

Love this

This wouldn't have anything to do with all of the threads created lately about being killed in town would it?

mannaz85

Wanderer

Pretty meh about the whole thing but maybe make non-faction towns OSI rules towards reds and let faction town sheriffs decide for faction towns or something... but I guess one of the problems with that would be how reds would know what towns are safe.. I dunno just throwing it out there.

kdivers

Knight

Bradley_online2002;1586951 said:
i reckon a 15 second grace period would be good.....

15 seconds is more than enough time for a group of soon to be reds to run in, poison jsut abotu everyone, and run away afterwards.

and if the only way for a red to die is if a guard sees them, they can jsut recall in an odd spot, and cast DP on everythign that moves.

xjoewhitex

Wanderer

Sounds ok in a way, but I don't agree with the no reds in guarded towns as for me I may not be town killing but just passing thru at times.. But the grace period could be nice in a way for that.. really not up to me tho. Good thinking out.

Blesum

Wanderer

screw the no reds in town, that makes this basically a OSI shard which we all are getting away from, if this is done, we should just go pay to play OSI instead of paying money for stuff on here, well those who do pay for stuff... the rest i can see being a good thing.. reds CANT attack blues in town without guard wack so why banish them from going in to begin with, if someone is dumb enuff to attack a red in town, they are dumb enough to die...

Zieen

Wanderer

I'd just like it if reds couldn't chase you into town (and continue the attack in town).

CapLoD

Sorceror

sounds like a step towards EA trammel.

whining victims ruining a great pk server.

M-Demon

Wanderer

I like it.

The grace period is also a nice addition to prevent reds from getting insta-whacked if they accidently go into a guard line while chasing a blue. This makes it more fair for both sides. Blues can't just cry for help as soon as they hit guard lines and reds have a chance to either 1) finish the guy or 2) get out.

Ajax

Lord

I vote no, only because that will just bring back the guard hugging blues. I like being able to attack and chase a blue into a town if they attacked me first.

I like the idea minus the grace period, I mean these people can do all that in less then 15 seconds, make it more like 5 seconds (for accidental border cross) and boom you have a perfect idea.

if the red is attacked by a blue...and the blue runs into town the red should be able to follow... maybe a five minute timer or something. that should be enough time for the combat to end...maybe.

other than that I like the changes..but personally i dont like the grace period. but i like the idea of maybe 5 seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.