UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

RFC: Reds and Towns

What do think about the following suggested changes?

• I like it

Votes: 355 38.6%
  • I hate it

Votes: 340 37.0%
  • I like some of it

Votes: 166 18.0%
  • I don't really care

Votes: 59 6.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

bwagnermon

Wanderer
Re: RFC: Reds and Towns

reds should be able go to town to look for a fight but just attack someone like theses naked reds with dp stop them from doin that but a red just sittin there until they are attack let them be....and keep moongate guard zone

Mark

Knight

Hybrid hasn't always had Seige guard rules. The current system has only been around for a year or two.

Reds with no penalties is "Trammel". If you guys can't handle a challenge, thats fine. Just don't piss and moan and call it something it isn't.

There is already hardly no reds as it is, I would think this would make even more reds go Factions/blue. We need more Murderers not less. Just my opinion.

onehitko

Wanderer

this is stupid... the only reason a red would go in town is stir up some action... and if some one dies because he flagged the red so be it... he shouldnt of attacked him in the first place. i dont see why this is necessary. if a red wants to run around town let him

onehitko

Wanderer

if some one dies to go afk or something... get over it ive died afk numerous of times ... go reg up and do something about it not rage

Mark

Knight

There's nothing wrong with playing in Buc's or Ocllo. PVP doesn't revolve around Britain bank.

Some of the best fights I've ever had on this shard were in Destard, far, far, far, far away from any guard zone.

EDIT:

The reason 1000 people have viewed this but only 200 people have voted is simple: 80% of people are actually thinking about it, 20% are panicking and going crazy about a mere 'IDEA'.

Voted that I hate it. This is awesome.

Reds not being able to enter towns will cut down on the already small red population and just make pvp a bunch of blues sitting around staring at each other.

Zieen

Wanderer

Mark;1587017 said:
Hybrid hasn't always had Seige guard rules. The current system has only been around for a year or two.

Reds with no penalties is "Trammel". If you guys can't handle a challenge, thats fine. Just don't piss and moan and call it something it isn't.
I think I love you. ;)

Mark

Knight

glowing nougat;1587026 said:
Voted that I hate it. This is awesome.

Reds not being able to enter towns will cut down on the already small red population and just make pvp a bunch of blues sitting around staring at each other.

If a murderer can't play without being in Britain for more than 15 seconds, he's not much of a murderer.

There's nothing wrong with murderers banding together either.

onehitko

Wanderer

thiers nothing wrong with pvp in bucs or ocllo but if a red is chasing a oj into town. what does he do stop in his trails?

bfddlolwtf

Sorceror

Zieen;1587010 said:
You misunderstand. I'm talking about when a red attacks you outside of town, you can't retreat into town. Many of my friends have complained about being attacked by a red while they were mining and whatnot and running into town only to be pursued and killed (because they couldn't call the guards since the combat was initiated outside of town).

I could agree with that change, but I think the ones listed are dumb. Reds going into town is no big deal. I don't even have a PK on this server and I have absolutely no problem with it. If you guys don't like reds coming into town, kill them period. Stop going afk in town, go to your home you've decorated or log off it's simple.

Gaiden

Wanderer
Why?

I have to ask why? Let the players police the towns if they see a red and desire him/her dead let them handle it. Just my opinion but I think this is the kind of stuff that ruined UO for a great deal of us. Reds are what makes this game fun for many of us they keep you on your toes, they make your BP go crazy they make the game more of a challenge. If it wasn't for reds the game would be extremely boring. By doing the changes listed above you are only hurting the red population thus reducing the amount of reds.

bfddlolwtf

Sorceror

onehitko;1587031 said:
thiers nothing wrong with pvp in bucs or ocllo but if a red is chasing a oj into town. what does he do stop in his trails?

Could hurt factions, Chaos vs Order, and Guild vs Guild. =\

Red Morgan

Wanderer

I really like this a lot. With these kind of consequences, I might even consider going red. I remember in the old OSI days, being red actually meant something. As the rules currently are, there is little division between red and blue.

One of the strongest points of UO has always been the legal system that brought balance to an open pvp game. Let's bring it back!

Mark

Knight
Re: Why?

Gaiden;1587033 said:
I have to ask why? Let the players police the towns if they see a red and desire him/her dead let them handle it. Just my opinion but I think this is the kind of stuff that ruined UO for a great deal of us.

If you don't like the idea, that's fine. But don't say 'this change ruined UO'. This is how it's always been on every other shard since the game was created.

Mark;1587025 said:
There's nothing wrong with playing in Buc's or Ocllo. PVP doesn't revolve around Britain bank.

Some of the best fights I've ever had on this shard were in Destard, far, far, far, far away from any guard zone..

Yeah, maybe...like bucks and ocllo there could be just 2 towns where reds are killed on sight...could work maybe...

Brilliant

Wanderer

There are tons of reds on Hybrid. Being red used to mean something. It was hard, only the best PKers could flourish with the restrictions and stat loss--now any talentless newbie-ganker can be red with no penalties. Also, it makes no sense that guards would stand by idly and watch blues get slaughtered by murderers who chase them into the middle of town.

I love how all the reds turn into such whiny carebears, wanting the rules to bend over and pander to them even when it makes no sense. I personally wouldn't mind players calling "guards" on reds in guardzones, but I'm not a fan of the NPC insta-kill for wandering a step over the border.

Mark

Knight

Armadillo Rage;1587038 said:
Yeah, maybe...like bucks and ocllo there could be just 2 towns where reds are killed on sight...could work maybe...

I thought about that too. It's something worth considering. Very strict anti-murderer towns would be interesting.

Zieen

Wanderer

Everyone keeps talking about how 'these are the type of rules that ruined uo in the first place', but as I recall this is getting CLOSER to the rules of when UO was most popular (except for Siege Perilous).

I've only been back on Hybrid for a week (lost my old account to inactivity), but in this week I have only been PKed once... and that was in a house while I was afk.

I have a friend (that use to be a red on the officials) that actually admitted that having some consequences to being a murderer made him WANT to be a red again. Now there is virtually no challenge at all. Except for being resurrected by NPC healers, what difference is there between a blue and a red?

Status
Not open for further replies.