UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Red (PvP) Mage - Tank, Alchy/Stun or Scribe/Stun

Tank, Alchy/Stun or Scribe/Stun

• Tank,

Votes: 85 24.1%
  • Alchy/Stun

Votes: 181 51.4%
  • Scribe/Stun

Votes: 86 24.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ticizzle

Wanderer
Re: Red (PvP) Mage - Tank, Alchy/Stun or Scribe/Stun

LKP;1911090 said:
Secondly, I've started using Razor to acquire my targets, then attack last target. By doing this, I can run around with a spell precast and my hally drawn, and use Razor to initiate combat without casting the spell. Thus I can begin with a big hally hit, and totally surprise the target with the precast spell afterward. Even if I don't get a good hit, sometimes the target will treat me as though fighting a dexer, leaving himself totally unprotected against the mana dump to follow. For PKing near town lines, I can often take off a good chunk of health with the hally, then release a precast paralyze, leaving them frozen outside the guard zone with little enough health that I can finish them in a single combo before they have a chance to move again.

can u explain how you initiate combat without casting the pre-cast spell? what target is this in razor? or how do u set it up in razor...tks..

peteliv

Knight

LKP;1911090 said:
First off, most people don't carry as many cure pots as you might think. It's easy enough to run them out by keeping them poisoned with the spell... then when it's obvious they don't have any cure pots left, hit them with that DP katana and disrupt their cure attempts for a few seconds, and you'll have the kill.

yes

If you don't have a healer and you're getting synched on, then congratulations - you're being ganked, by people who at least know how to synch - and you're problably not going to survive. At least, 5 HP won't be the deciding factor. been there >.>

The remaining 45 points go into Dex. That amount of dex will put you on par with any other tank out there, if not a little faster. With agility potions, you can get up to 65 - enough to kill with melee alone, given the right weapon.

These stats are also balanced enough that you won't be susceptible to mindblast.

Hope that helps anyone still having this debate. I may add more later - I've kind of lost my train of thought.
i agree
expecially the dex point distribution
with an agil pot a mindblast will do nothing to you and you will attack rather quickly

godmathias

Wanderer

Hally Tank FTW...
Alchy-Stuns definitely pack a powerful punch, and the stun is a killer.
I guess Im just kind of old school. Also, a decent Hally Hit + FS is about the same amount of dmg. Yes they are a little bit slower, but stun is annoying, and seems to always miss when I'm the one using it. Like LKP said, if you are 1 v 1, you can survive the dumps from the alchy mages... once thats done, take off their reflect, load explo/FS, put on the hally, and its grey screen for them. Alchy Mages are definitely better for chasing people tho.

Tank Mage 1v1 , Scribe/Heal for groups...

Xaelian

Sorceror

I like to roll in a group, and everyone has stun - so what I do is drop wrestling for healing and have healing/alchy.

Good for attacking and great for defence.

peteliv

Knight

yea it boils down to your role really
grouped or ungrouped etc etc

SDJurczak

Wanderer

Fuck alchy, if you are red rolling with just one other person, sync to down the kid. If he runs, switch to the blue right next to him, because there generally always is more than one. If you and your group are chasing one kid and can't kill him without explo pots, you are bad or he is good. either way, he deserves to get away.

Tanks are pretty bad on field usually, so go with scribe. I have 3 scribes, and i love the reflect buff. most kids assume you are alchy and dump and the explo goes right back at em. quickly load after heal and drop him..ez. alchy is good no doubt, but it's just too dime a douzen now. i have a alchy and i'm honestly yet to field on him, just is too gay for me.

LKP

Forum Member of the year 09'

Ticizzle;1927643 said:
can u explain how you initiate combat without casting the pre-cast spell? what target is this in razor? or how do u set it up in razor...tks..

Haven't looked at this thread in ages, and I probably discussed this in The Ultimate Tank Mage Guide, but I'll clarify it anyway since the thread's been bumped.

I use two hotkeys when there's time: Next Target, and Attack Last Target. Next Target will scroll through all available targets on screen. In an ideal situation, I will be alone with the target, and will be able to acquire him instantly. Once he's set as the last target, I press attack last target to initiate combat without losing my spell.

I also have hotkeys for Target Nearest Red, Blue, Grey, and Enemy humanoids. When there are a lot of targets on screen, such as a dungeon with heavy spawn, scrolling through all targets is impractical. It's even worse since you can't go back if you scroll too far, so you need to cycle targets slowly enough to make sure you don't miss him. In cases like this, the target is likely to get away or call in before you can engage him. That's when I use target nearest (color). It disarms the weapon and releases the spell immediately, so I lose that free hally hit, but it's better than the alternative.

Incidentally, Sallos does all this much more efficiently. I figured out how to do it while testing Sallos out back when it first became available again a couple of years ago, and then I figured out how to do the same thing in Razor through experimenting a little.

Apathetic

Sorceror

killrpooh;1442242 said:
So, remember this guys gonna be red, so he's gonna be drawing a little more heat than normal - scribe might be good. On the other hand, being red, explo pots flagging you, and giving you undesired murder counts, wont matter as much. With the tank, having person after person on you wont matter quite as much when you run out of mana. SO - all have good points - quite the conundrum. What sayeth ye?

Mage/Eval/Med/Resist

&

Anat/Tact/(Fence or Mace - your input)
or
Wrestling/Tact/Alchy
or
Wrestling/Tact/Scribe

U know that alchy stun template won't stun right... can't have tact on an alchy stun build
anat is needed... didn't read the whole thread sorry if this has already been said

Status
Not open for further replies.