UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Red (PvP) Mage - Tank, Alchy/Stun or Scribe/Stun

Tank, Alchy/Stun or Scribe/Stun

• Tank,

Votes: 85 24.1%
  • Alchy/Stun

Votes: 181 51.4%
  • Scribe/Stun

Votes: 86 24.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

killrpooh

Wanderer
Red (PvP) Mage - Tank, Alchy/Stun or Scribe/Stun

So, remember this guys gonna be red, so he's gonna be drawing a little more heat than normal - scribe might be good. On the other hand, being red, explo pots flagging you, and giving you undesired murder counts, wont matter as much. With the tank, having person after person on you wont matter quite as much when you run out of mana. SO - all have good points - quite the conundrum. What sayeth ye?

Mage/Eval/Med/Resist

&

Anat/Tact/(Fence or Mace - your input)
or
Wrestling/Tact/Alchy
or
Wrestling/Tact/Scribe

Re: Red (PvP) Mage - Tank, Alchy/Stun or Scribe/Stun

If you do go tank, I would go swords for those conc blows so you dont get synced on as much. Chances are you will still get synced though, its really preference and how you can play the characters.

Steve Zissou

Sorceror

alchy stun is good for 1v1s and chasing people down...if you are gonna be rolling around in a small group from 2-4 players scribe is probably your best bet.

THE REIGN

Wanderer

what about scribe/alch???

mage
med
ei
resist
alch
scribe
wrestle

killrpooh

Wanderer

THE REIGN;1443318 said:

mage
med
ei
resist
alch
scribe
wrestle

i wanna have the tact for zee bolas =D otherwise thats a perfectly legitimate template

Hyru

Wanderer

Being red supports the Alchemy skill by a player not having to worry about damage splash from pots against innocents.

Steve Zissou;1443117 said:
alchy stun is good for 1v1s and chasing people down...if you are gonna be rolling around in a small group from 2-4 players scribe is probably your best bet.
Agreed. It depends on how you plan on playing - solo or group.

a.bully

Wanderer

THE REIGN;1443318 said:

mage
med
ei
resist
alch
scribe
wrestle

I have a red with this template. Stun > alchy & scribe together.

LKP

Forum Member of the year 09'

I always go tank, but really more out of nostalgia and preference than anything. Tank mages are just so much more fun to play, and there's nothing cheap about them. They can do almost as much burst damage as an alchy, and have near-infinite staying power in a drawn-out fight.

That said, I regret using my tank as my red. It's the most fun you can have on a PvP character, but without insta-swing, it can't use the deadly combo it's famous for. The hally really becomes more of a chasing-people-down weapon, and purple pots are just so much better for that.

I'd like to blue up my swords tank and try archery or fencing for a tank PK; I refuse to use alchemy on moral grounds. It's just cheap.

godmathias

Wanderer

LKP;1462963 said:
I always go tank, but really more out of nostalgia and preference than anything. Tank mages are just so much more fun to play, and there's nothing cheap about them. They can do almost as much burst damage as an alchy, and have near-infinite staying power in a drawn-out fight.

That said, I regret using my tank as my red. It's the most fun you can have on a PvP character, but without insta-swing, it can't use the deadly combo it's famous for. The hally really becomes more of a chasing-people-down weapon, and purple pots are just so much better for that.

I'd like to blue up my swords tank and try archery or fencing for a tank PK; I refuse to use alchemy on moral grounds. It's just cheap.

couldnt agree more. something about alchy/stun, its just not fun.. everybody does it and its extremely easy. its almost as lame as bola taming. but ya i have a red fencer/mage and it works out pretty well. As long as you have good weaps, just precast expl, hit hit wait for a para blow, usually u para them and there 1/2 or 2/3 life, drop explosion and finish your combo of choice. Great for killing. HOWEVER, due to the fact that this server is almost all group fighting now, and people only fight in packs... inscription is a very good thing to have.

Rexrexrex

Wanderer

Hyru;1443773 said:
Being red supports the Alchemy skill by a player not having to worry about damage splash from pots against innocents.

You don't have to worry about this when you're blue either because they don't hit blues when you're blue or grey. Only pre-pub16 OSI was like that with really every kind of area effect, field, or uncontrollable summon hitting other blues when you're not red.

8-ballcorner

Wanderer

you can use explode pots on any of these templates but if you are dead set on having tactics for bolas i would go with tank and still carry explode pots the still do decent damage only ten points less then having alchy

P.S. i would go with swords and still throw the pots

stun = anat and wrestle not tacts and wrestle

Status
Not open for further replies.