UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Red (PvP) Mage - Tank, Alchy/Stun or Scribe/Stun

Tank, Alchy/Stun or Scribe/Stun

• Tank,

Votes: 85 24.1%
  • Alchy/Stun

Votes: 181 51.4%
  • Scribe/Stun

Votes: 86 24.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Green Jelly

Wanderer
Re: Red (PvP) Mage - Tank, Alchy/Stun or Scribe/Stun

Scribe if you're rolling in a decent group.

Alch if you know how to play the template well.

Fence if you wanna run solo through dungeons, para blow, explo or whatever pre casted they're done.

Megumi

Wanderer

Magery, resist, eval, meditation, wrestling, hiding and stealth.

Besty template.

ToRnhatesyou

Wanderer

heal stun best becuase when you solo you can kill people and when your getting ganked you can heal up with aids :)

Orpheus87

Wanderer

ToRnhatesyou;1555344 said:
heal stun best becuase when you solo you can kill people and when your getting ganked you can heal up with aids :)

i was gunna try this template, does it work well for soloing. Do you have enough offensive power? Ive never been any type of mage on this shard apart from tank mages..... Bring back insta hit!

8-ballcorner

Wanderer

Orpheus87;1565641 said:
i was gunna try this template, does it work well for soloing. Do you have enough offensive power? Ive never been any type of mage on this shard apart from tank mages..... Bring back insta hit!

you can still throw explode pots doing around 20 to 25 damage or something along those lines and with a good stun the template is powerful just not as powerful as the alchy stun or maybe a tank with a good weapon

Hate8

Wanderer

Smartyr;1565682 said:
p.s. Nigus the Black + Bungalow Bill = best pks ever.

thanks for letting us know you and your buddys character names, but nobody cares.

Smaklo

Wanderer

I roll a Heal/Stun tossing g explo pots.... VERYY effective...

Most people dont expect the heal when ur tossing and stunning.. its really the best mage temp to have imo.....
At the end of the day u sually end up dealing more then 10 dmg for the final death blow anyways so the loss of the 10 pts of dmg on the 0 alchemy skill doesnt mean shiat.

Xaelian

Sorceror

I'd suggest going scribe/heal. This way you can gank motherfuckers and if you're alone, you can run from people and heal while you're being ganked, which is going to happen most of the time when you're on your red alone.

bmd1101

Sorceror

Is Alchy/Stun really that much better (im new here)? Previously on Siege perilous I played alch/stun scribe/stun and fencing tank but always prefered fencing tank (yes I knew how to play alch/stun well). Been working up a classic fencing tank here fencing/anat/tact/resist/mage/eval/med all skills but magery and resist finished. Am I wasting my time on that templet?

PaC

Sorceror

I'm having the same problem while planning to roll my second red.

Never played an alchy/stun mage before - am I gonna have a problem being from the UK and pinging around 200 with stun and pot timings?

a.bully

Wanderer

PaC;1581151 said:
I'm having the same problem while planning to roll my second red.

Never played an alchy/stun mage before - am I gonna have a problem being from the UK and pinging around 200 with stun and pot timings?

make the char and press alt+f4 while in game.

Dread Sun

Wanderer

craig12;1581116 said:
what about poison mages? are they good for reds?

Nox Mage is underpowered. But, I PK with a Nox mage cause it's fun.

I absolutely refuse to go "flavor of the month". There are a couple of guys playing Stun Tamer and Stun Alchy who beat me every time we meet. And every time they talk shit about what a noob I am.

I don't care, I would rather lose than be one of the herd!

SirMixPix

Wanderer

alchy stun is for bandwagons losers that can't fight any other way. They are the flavor of the year and not much fun to play. Too easy to kill with one in my opinion. My favorite char is my hally mage. Wep can't be stolen and hits good. A little more challenging to play than a stun/alch, but much more interesting and fun. A scribe/nox mage can be fun for a pk char too. Bladespirits, posionfields, etc all get that nice poison bonus. They can be a bit tough to play at times, but all depends what you gonna do. They are fun though too. Always funny when someone drops a combo on you and it just goes right back into their face lol.
I also have a scribe/hiding mage, which can be fun to play at times as well. I'm usually solo playing when I pk, so being able to get away and confuse the tards chasing me by simply hiding is always nice. Buddy of mine plays a hide/stealth mage, which is 'different' but he's also into stealthing around popular hang outs just waiting for the moment to strike, and he seems to love it and gets some good kills too boot. Again, all depends on ur play style, but please, be a real pvper and ditch the stupid stun crap. Much more manly ways to pk nubs.

Kaylun

Wanderer

why do you guys run tactics on your mage?i know about with a wep skill.. but as in tact wres alchy kinda stuff?

Status
Not open for further replies.