UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Question for inactive staff.

Loler

Page
I will say it every time. Go to pits zulu where i cant run and you cant chug 180 pots and you will die so easily. You wont get me below 1/2 life and you cant run off screen. You keep claiming i ran off screen 100 times which just isnt true. I ran off screen once. One time in the 45 minute fight. You ran off and recalled once and also ran off and died to me. Keep running your mouth but in a place where you cant chug 180 pots and cant run off screen you die in under 5 minutes every time. maybe faster I've never seen you play without chugging pots for every poison and heal pot on cool down.

zulu2401

Squire
I'll say it everytime. I'll spam mortal and you will cry about. Out of spell range is the same as offscreen. Malo watched the whole fight you got shit on the whole time but that last spell that should have killed you. OUT OF RANGE.

Loler

Page
I never cried once about mortal and still havent. I also said a mortal mage cant kill me in pits. If you would like to lose in pits just accept. When you cant chug 180 pots or run off screen you will die. You claim i only lived cause i ran off screen. lets take that out of the picture? No? Yes because the shit you are spewing just didnt happen and you know if you cant chug or run you will lose. You ping better then me so there shouldnt be any problem.

Mister Pink

Squire
Demise in its current form isn't a competitive game? What the hell did I just read

I'll clarify my statement. UO's fan base is spread out among different eras and different servers. Although it has a devoted fan base, that population is dieing off. This isn't a competitive game in the sense that you have fresh faces daily that enter the pvp scene. This server has a small population, and at least half that population isn't even interested in pvp. Being the good sandbox game UO is you aren't forced to pvp unless you want to. Compare that to more competitive games that have hundreds of thousands of players wanting to play against other players.

Additionally being an item based, open world MMORPG decreases competitiveness. For one items increase effectiveness and survivability on a higher scale than more competitive games. I.e. Most FPS, Fighting games, and real time strategies have you start off with effective gear or identical resources as your opponent. Chess is one of the easiest games to determine skill because besides color and who gets to move first everything is practically the same. Compare that with Demise and how much effort is put in to earning items on your own.

I'm not saying this game isn't fun, and I for one think nothing can compare to it, but to brag about being the top dog is pointless because in the grand scheme of things being the best on UO demise is about the same as being the best of some old arcade game that has a cult following, but no real shot at becoming popular again.

But by all means continue the fruitful discussion of who da best.

Last edited:

Mister Pink

Squire
It's fun to talk shit when I have nothing better to do at work though :/
Haha same. When I check forums, I check out from my work day and immerse myself in this nerd world. I'm still keeping my accounts fresh so @Alvin1337 can't get my stuff, and deep down I know I'll find myself getting sucked back in when I get more time. I just find it funny when people honestly believe this is a competitive server and make statements bragging about being a "top pvper". Talking shit is necessary to bring a little action, attention to pvp. I only ask that you record it and post it!

Last edited:

Maloskies

Squire
I'll clarify my statement. UO's fan base is spread out among different eras and different servers. Although it has a devoted fan base, that population is dieing off. This isn't a competitive game in the sense that you have fresh faces daily that enter the pvp scene. This server has a small population, and at least half that population isn't even interested in pvp. Being the good sandbox game UO is you aren't forced to pvp unless you want to. Compare that to more competitive games that have hundreds of thousands of players wanting to play against other players.

Additionally being an item based, open world MMORPG decreases competitiveness. For one items increase effectiveness and survivability on a higher scale than more competitive games. I.e. Most FPS, Fighting games, and real time strategies have you start off with effective gear or identical resources as your opponent. Chess is one of the easiest games to determine skill because besides color and who gets to move first everything is practically the same. Compare that with Demise and how much effort is put in to earning items on your own.

I'm not saying this game isn't fun, and I for one think nothing can compare to it, but to brag about being the top dog is pointless because in the grand scheme of things being the best on UO demise is about the same as being the best of some old arcade game that has a cult following, but no real shot at becoming popular again.

But by all means continue the fruitful discussion of who da best.
You're god damn right you're coming back.

Mister Pink

Squire
Mr. Pink should start SEGA back up again!

Nah, even though I have the guild tag, I don't have any interest in being a guild leader on Demise. Besides it wouldn't feel right without all of old SEGA being on the roster since a decent amount are in other guilds/ don't play anymore. Besides isn't KVG going strong?

Last edited:

zulu2401

Squire

Nah, even though I have the guild tag, I don't have any interest in being a guild leader on Demise. Besides it wouldn't feel right without all of old SEGA being on the roster since a decent amount are in other guilds/ don't play anymore. Besides isn't KVG going strong?
Kvg isn't complete without Mr pink.

Bad Mutha

Sorceror
New faces do come every now and then on the pvp stage. Remember when Loop had a whole brazilian server joining them? When I started here there was like two of these guys. Now I heard some italian guys joined in aswell. It comes and goes, still pretty active if you ask me.

Mister Pink

Squire
New faces do come every now and then on the pvp stage. Remember when Loop had a whole brazilian server joining them? When I started here there was like two of these guys. Now I heard some italian guys joined in aswell. It comes and goes, still pretty active if you ask me.

Let's say every player that pvps on Demise logged in on the same day and at the exact same time. How many people would that be? I'm talking active pvpers, not the bank sitter, who gets a hair up his ass, and occasionally visits Felucca or a pvp event. I'm talking people that log in at least once a week to roam Felucca. I'd wager it's no more than 200 players actively doing that on Demise, and that's a conservative, generous estimate. 200 players isn't a large player base. My local Chick-Fil-A serves that many people during lunch! Let's take it a step further and count the occasional pvper/ inactive players with active accounts, then that's probably no more than 500 to 600 pvpers total, and that's being overly generous.

Yes, Demise's population has gone up and down, but I bet if every single player returned that actively pvped for more than a month in the 10 + years this server has been active, I'd bet it's less than 10,000 individual players. I'm not talking characters, obviously there has been thousands of characters created and deleted over the years. Compare that to other games that have hundreds of thousands and even millions currently playing on a weekly basis and Demise doesn't even come close. If You could hop from server to server and not lose your skills or your suit then yeah, this game could be competitive, but that's not how it works. One UO has different eras, with different items and all the complications associated with that. I stand by my original statement, Demise in it's current form isn't a competitive game and because of it's age and declining market share it never will be.

Still this server is better than most, and it's a fun game, but if you take yourself serious for being a "top pvper" here, you are about as cool as the guy at the local mall, that can kick everybody's ass in mortal kombat. Congratulations.

Last edited: