UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Question for inactive staff.

zulu2401

Squire
This server has been around for several years, is one of the most prosperous, populated and long living servers around. We still have a Noob fuckin host who fails to understand about 50% of the population are foreign. If you want demise population to grow, which means more income from donations etc. Then work on creating a login server for UK. Why hasn't this been accomplished yet?

zulu2401

Squire
Competition will definitely be fierce when you arent fighting foreigners with 300 ping. The shit should have been fixed already.

Maloskies

Squire
Shit, I live on the west coast and I ping 250, albeit probably not due to their server :(. I did ping 60 before the server move though.

zulu2401

Squire
Its too easy to open a West coast server and UK server. Truly it probably wouldn't make much difference. Even when you lived closer the lagg spikes were fuckin ridiculously long and frequent.

Xionu

Sorceror
You guys are whining about the wrong thing, and saying they don't care about the server. You're asking for another login server, AKA money they probably don't have, even if they do, they probably have decided it's not worth putting it on the front burner currently. They have more data than any of us peons do.

Saying they don't care because they won't purchase us a new server is like saying your parents don't love you because they won't buy you a car. So stop.

They care; they throw events, monitor AFK farmers as much as they possibly can. Also, if you ever need someone just to chat with for a few minutes, page. I bet they wont poof away instantly.

Also, stop whining about ping. Start whining about broken casting.

Bad Mutha

Sorceror
Eos has already posted a long message explaining how actually they fixed casting compared to OSI. Now you can say you don't like it and you'd rather play on OSI timers and that's fair but don't say it's broken because it's not. You can search the forums a little bit and you'll find her post.

royal kapero2

Sorceror
You must be trolling or you really missed the point. Zulu is not whining, he wants to improve this place by requesting for a new, foreign host that would attract more players, thereby PvP will be more vigorous and also more donations, as he mentioned earlier.

Last edited:

Xionu

Sorceror
@royal kapero2 missing the point of my post

They have data, we don't. They can see who logs on and from where, they also see what % of us donate.

They can assume the donation rate holds steady while adding all the foreign players that even touch the server. If that donation rate doesn't pay for the server, it's not worth an immediate purchase of the server.

Also, they are probably seeing more of a drop off from American players anyway, so that is probably where their main focus is currently.

Slugworth

Squire
Did I just read that casting isn't broken lol? This is supposed to be a OSI like server right? They add fixes based on OSI right? Well if its not broken then its a customized casting which blows. No delay when youre disrupted is not fun.

Loler

Page
So they should revert essence of winds 1 minute immunity change if it wears off naturally. Or add permant trap box's that only do 5-8 damage. or add the skill bug so you can spam skills at less then once a second even if they have a 12 second delay. or have gheal wands and others. or make it so you cant curse stats off you only effected by 1 curse and 1 bless so if you use a str/dex pot and gain 35 str and dex you can only be cursed once losing 10-15 dex giving you a bonus of 20 dex but cant have it cursed off. or make it so i can mana vamp a giantbeetle in my stables. The list of broken shit on OSI that has been fixed on here goes on and on but i guess you want to just get stick on one subject.

Slugworth

Squire
So they should revert essence of winds 1 minute immunity change if it wears off naturally. Or add permant trap box's that only do 5-8 damage. or add the skill bug so you can spam skills at less then once a second even if they have a 12 second delay. or have gheal wands and others. or make it so you cant curse stats off you only effected by 1 curse and 1 bless so if you use a str/dex pot and gain 35 str and dex you can only be cursed once losing 10-15 dex giving you a bonus of 20 dex but cant have it cursed off. or make it so i can mana vamp a giantbeetle in my stables. The list of broken shit on OSI that has been fixed on here goes on and on but i guess you want to just get stick on one subject.
That one subject "casting" is a huge deal and if they made it more like OSI, steam wouldn't be as bad with all of the spamable macros people use and would make Demise more enjoyable.

Loler

Page
so you are saying all the other things i mentioned wouldnt make a huge change? being able to use hiding every second? no wind immunity? no mana vamping beetles in stables? OSI wasnt perfect and neither is demise. if you want to play on an exact replica osi clone from a certain period make your own server and have fun being 1 of 10 people on it cause you probably have horrible coding ability.

Slugworth

Squire
so you are saying all the other things i mentioned wouldnt make a huge change? being able to use hiding every second? no wind immunity? no mana vamping beetles in stables? OSI wasnt perfect and neither is demise. if you want to play on an exact replica osi clone from a certain period make your own server and have fun being 1 of 10 people on it cause you probably have horrible coding ability.
Where do I say that nothing you mentioned isn't a huge deal? I suppose you're against a skill based casting system which in fact doesn't take a whole lot of coding skills to implement. But please quote where I said everything you mentioned means nothing.

Loler

Page
That one subject "casting" is a huge deal. never seen anyone else bitch as much as you bitch about this subject.

also i dont care how the casting system is i guess unlike you i've always been able to adapt and overcome.

Slugworth

Squire
That one subject "casting" is a huge deal. never seen anyone else bitch as much as you bitch about this subject.

also i dont care how the casting system is i guess unlike you i've always been able to adapt and overcome.
You quoted something that had nothing against the changes you mentioned lol.... are you slow or just being really ignorant? Then you say im the only one bitching about it, um no, people have been complaining about it for years... only reason I just brought it up agaig was because "someone" else had mentioned it. Adapt to something that is broke seems like a good idea, you have been here for years and you are clearly a good mage who thinks this casting is great right?

Loler

Page
Only played osi from 1999-2007 didnt play much if at all in 2008 and and went to another server from 2009 till i came here last year. I have experience with every version of osi casting from 1999-2007 so i might have just a little...