UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Publish 71 - 12/7/2006

Re: Publish 71 - 12/7/2006

il reveal the new idoc technique: just before a house will drop, drop some pouches with leather hides lol so ppl cant place and have to take them out while u can hide and place a house :)

Why was the default gold on vendors changed from 999 to 999,999,999? It is only going to make the vendor fall within a couple hours.

Blous3s

Wanderer

i agree with all the changes minus the house placement... i feel that the "auto place" isnt as common as people think. now instead of being able to go to an idoc alone with a stealthy char and stealing it from the gank reds running around u cant, takes alot of the fun out of it i feel. but thats just my opinion i think, i just wish there was a better way to stop the auto places besides this.

r33n

Knight

Marauder-Hybrid said:
Nice to see that staff are more concerned with making trammy changes instead of working to improve the state of pvp...

:(

This does improve the state of pvp. The PVP at IDOC's will skyrocket now, as the person that will place is the person that can clear out the area, not the person that has the best script for autoplacing houses.

simplyshane said:
So, does that default vendor price thingy mean I won't have to worry about them not buying my stuff? Always saying " I cannot afford that right now" gets pretty old when you've just tryed to sell them so many items. :}
Whoops. Missed the "Player" part. Oh well.
its all about player vendor.......

Marauder-Hybrid said:
Nice to see that staff are more concerned with making trammy changes instead of working to improve the state of pvp...

Go cry somewhere else Dec. 2006

thc5950

Wanderer

SkipFreethrow said:
Why was the default gold on vendors changed from 999 to 999,999,999? It is only going to make the vendor fall within a couple hours.

vendor scams.

St George

Wanderer

Ryan said:
  • Houses may not be placed over movable items of any kind. The plot must be cleared before any house can be placed.

Very smart way to fight auto-placement without much scripting. ;)

I am waiting to see the drop-pick wars (probably heavily scripted), pre-investigating for future clear land to place small houses there and the even more chaotic situation at after idoc times. I will not be applauding yet but i think i like this a lot!

grkig

Sorceror

LOL I forsee even more PvP at IDOCs now than before.

I take it default 999,999,999 had something to do with people invising the vendors before you could set a price on your items?

Changes sound good.

Ryan

UOGamers Founder
Staff member

Marauder-Hybrid said:

Nice post has a lot to do with the topic.

One more of these = ban due to violation of forum rules. This is your only warning.

grkig said:
LOL I forsee even more PvP at IDOCs now than before.

I take it default 999,999,999 had something to do with people invising the vendors before you could set a price on your items?

Changes sound good.

Now I understand it! I didn't know what it meant at first. But now that I think about it...

i dont see it stoping scripters to much all they gota do is have there script running and in the spilt sec that the items are moved it will palce

NASTY_DEVILx-hybrid said:
il reveal the new idoc technique: just before a house will drop, drop some pouches with leather hides lol so ppl cant place and have to take them out while u can hide and place a house :)

i think the item blocking the placement has to be "moving" (i.e. a player/npc) therefore i don't think that'll work
;/

St George

Wanderer

Blouses said:
now instead of being able to go to an idoc alone with a stealthy char and stealing it from the gank reds running around u cant, takes alot of the fun out of it i feel.
qft

Green Jelly

Wanderer

That house thing seems pretty wack but at least theres something being done about auto placing