UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Patch Notes 6/6/06

Gorgeous

Wanderer
Re: Patch Notes 6/6/06

First of all Ultima Online is never a play a week and move on type of game. That is why we are still playing when its 9 years old. If you think someone going to start off a dexxer/smith and pick up everything on the floor, when everyone else got their neon hair and bless sandels there got to be something missing here. This will only work with a massive server wipe to balance out the rich/poor issue and that is why there are miniority of people that doesnt mind the lame gold drop on divinity because they all start from the same.

Since this is a freeshard that allow people to multi account, it gives us alot of freedom to do what we want to do. so now we can gm all the skills in the game , experience all the char templetes with out paying 2nd or 3rd account on OSI.
i have 3 main accounts 15 chars total.
1. peace/tamer
2. nox/mage
3. hybrid/macer
4. heal/stun/mage
5. alchy/dexxer
6. Axer
7. peacer/dexxer
8. parry/dexxer
9. fencer/inscribe/dexxer
10.red pvp /tamer
11. 7x mule
12. archer/inscribe
13. tamer/dexxer
14. pure bard/mage
15. 7x mule
my 2 sub acount i have 5 gm tailor 5 gm smith for bods.

and i am sure there are lots other templetes out there for you to experenice. we all here to experenice to play the char templetes that we havnt done on OSI shards. Its the freeedom that HYbrid used to give us that is why hybrid is SO great. If you think u can play a week of uo and move on, i am sorry they wont be playing uo at all because they are not truly uo fan and they are already move on to WOW or such.

These are the main changes:

1. New spawn map, tougher dungeon floor, champ spawn added.
2. Monster loot adjusted to more accurately reflect its relative difficulty.
3. Magical items will now spawn less frequently and of lesser quality on monsters.
4.Weapons and armor will lose hitpoints more frequently, a sink is added.

Pro:
1. Fixed recall farm tactic, spice up the game by tougher the dungeon floor, enable group pvm by adding champ spawn.
2. No more 700gp a pop liches and endless days of ganking on elders, good fix.
3. no more overwhelming high end weapons.
4. an item sink is finally added.

Con:
1. too few soloable dungeon spots. spawn too thick and respawn rate is too slow. only tamer/bard worth the time pvm now. Nerfed warrior/mage completely.
2. gold drop way too little right now. making lots monster not worth killing. . It will become annoy to spent more time farming than enjoying the game. It will be lot of waste of time for newcomers to gather resource for skill development.further diverse the rich/poor
3.Nerfing warriors cause they already suck at pvm and now u taking their weapon/armor away will only push to more "ALL KILL" commonds.
4. Nerfing warriors now they become mr/ms high maintence. also very annoying to have the items repair every trip to the bank.

To sum up, this patch nerf warrior way too much. the item drop rate + new sink will increase the weapon/armor price much higher. so warriors become high maintence, the most expensive class to go PVM. Plus the raise in difficulty of the dungeon floor. It just push all the players to have dexxer with one purpose only is to pvp. And now we have problem #2, ITEM SINK will not function like you expect if there are no warriors pvm. PVP is minior part of uo, and the item sink will do nothing when it comes to pvp cause most of the fight ended with few hits. Problem#2 leads to problem #3 the diversity of rich and poor. Rich wont farm with warrior nor even tamer now days cause its not worth the time and efford what they are going to do with the MASSIVE vanqs they already farm up? their still going to have the best item equiped for faction fights for pvp for pking or w/e it will not effect the way they playing style. Even they ran out of vanqs you think they cant afford to buy another dozen?

From the start i made my side with the new changes. The fact is the ideas were great the changes should be made but it should be done a MUCH SMALLER MAGNITUDE.

Lesabre

Sorceror

Edit: Opinion changed. After further exploring the new system I think it's fine. And just for all of you thats wondering. I don't use a tamer.

PS: icon [E CRYY

TheRemedy

Sorceror

I see a lot of bitching and people refering to OSI with these changes, did you ever play OSI?? I've played this game since 97, to long, and most people like myself know all the mechanics and every little edge to pvp or adapt to pretty much anything. People use lighting wands in duels now, that was never going on with OSI. Having a 7x GM is not a big deal here, its what is expected to pvp. I remember my first 7xer on OSI, it took me over a year to get there. Who gives a shit about this game and the changes that are made, if you want a balanced fresh UO style game play a new MMORPG, I heard Roma Victor is going to have the same type of sandbox skill and play style as UO. I will always like UO, and it was one of the first games to create a world like this. Now most of us use the mechanics to pvp and know every little edge we can have to win. If I can adapt and say fuck it, then all of you should be able to as well. If the admins fuck up, and the player base leaves its their decision and choice, OSI went back and forth with warriors being powerful, then mages then a combo, etc. Just adapt with the changes, and take them as they come.

Van Dam

Sorceror

Everyone bitching about not being able to kill amazingly hard monsters.. on Osi i fucking killed earth elementals for gold and i liked it.....as for the vanq drop rate fucking right lets get the use of some exc weps in this bitch great job staff