UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Patch Notes 6/6/06

M

Mark

Re: Patch Notes 6/6/06

If no one saw yesterday, I did the math for you guys in another thread, http://www.uogamers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=62568&page=2

The stamina change wasn't really drastic anyway.

It went from (on foot) 16 steps per stamina to 12.
Mounted went from 32 to 24. Regardless, 12/24 is the correct number of steps per point of stamina loss.

On foot you can run 12 tiles in 2.4 seconds.
You regen 1 point of stamina every 7 seconds.

-1/2.4 + 1/7 = -.274 stamina per second running on foot.

If you have 35 dexterity (and therefore 35 stamina), this means you can run for 35/.274 seconds at 5 tiles per second.. 634 steps before having to rest, eat, or drink a refresh potion.

Before, you would have been able to run (-1/3.2 + 1/7 = -.17, 35/.17 * 5) 1031 steps before stopping, also known as 1/4th of the map (with only 35 stamina!!), a little excessive...

It's not like these numbers were pulled out of my ass, jesus tits...

GradGT

Sorceror

They way I look at it, it's not that inconvenient to carry around refresh pots. They ARE the least expensive and easiest to make of all the useful potions. Not to mention theres no difference between the ones made by lower skill level alchemist and GM alchemists- unlike heal and cure kegs. So you really can just make an alchemist with 50 alchemy and get cranking out TR in a short amount of time.

And also, doesn't arms lore show how much HP an item has left? It did on OSI, not sure about here.

The part of this patch that hurts the most I'd say is the less gold from PvM.

GradGT

Sorceror

Gorgeous said:
New changes only benefit the old players cause they got nothing else to do. They already have all the money/housing in the world. it doesnt really matter to em how much time they need to spent farm up. The new spawn map + the champ spawn will keep em busy/happy for awhile. As for the new players to the share these changes will totally ruin your fun. maybe you should consider divine instead coming to hybrid. New spawn change and loot change = fewer soloable spots = traffic = more pK = more dying = less gold per hour = more farming time = harder\ longer skill development so why not play on divine where everything is tough to get by.
Here are some facts:
1. Group Pvm will never happen. I can say this with confidence even with the new changes at least 90% of the player on hybrid will still solo pvm.
2. Tamers Tamers and more Tamers. Pvm = Tamer. everyone taking out ww/drag/mare.simply because mage/warrior are not even worth the time and trouble.
3. Champion spawn is dead unlesss u beef up the loot for example blessed clothing or rares. Gold/high end weapon wont do it. Its too hard too time consuming and its not worth the while.
4. DOnation for gold will hit high demand :D
5. Rich becomes richer their gold worth far more than before so are the existing vanqs

Over all these changes will do nothing but to desert lots dungeon floors and fewer char templete to choose from when comes to pvm.and its not a gold sink it just make people less productive it does nothing to the existing billions.
and its further diverse the rich and the poor. it will done more bad than good in the long run.

I agree with this post. After some time researching, my experience is that people WILL NOT group PvM, just like you said. And no one wants to do champ spawns, because most people don't like them, and it's one thing they didn't miss about OSI. People want to be able to hunt and be productive on their own, and I think what would help that would be a variety of places to hunt on your own, making less PK traffic. I don't see the need to lessen the amount of gold players can earn on their own when a much greater amount is being created by donations.

Overmann

Sorceror

^ Let it be known that I also very much agree with the quoted post.

Mark, that's beside the point. Not everyone has 35 stamina, especially not so when their templates were made when stamina was unchanged. Right now you've changed a fundamental aspect of the game affecting the entire player base directly. And okay, we can carry more refresh pots, but what about pets? You're inconveniencing the player by 1) having them dismount to refresh stamina (which was the same as before, only now a *lot* more often) and 2) having the pets' stamina run out at the most inconvenient of times, especially whilst PKing or PvMing. Having to switch ethy mounts in mid-fight is the same as being knocked off the mount by a bola, correct? (I may be wrong on that, but do correct me if I am.) And besides that, it doesn't make sense that stamina should decrease while *walking* with\on my mount (not to be confused with running with\on my mount).

You could try to balance this disadvantage out by following up on one suggestion in particular I read, which suggested that stamina increase at a faster rate while sitting down, aka resting. It's a great idea which, I'm sure, would be most appreciated were it implemented (second only to restoring stamina loss as it just was...).

Gorgeous

Wanderer

after further playing and testing the new changes. I do like the new loot system that loot is adjusted to the monster difficulty and that magic item drop rate lowered. But i think the gold drop should get slighty increase.for example LL should be 550-700 dragon 650-800 balron 1600-1800. magic item drop rate is perfect after the patch no more overwhelming vanqs and invul.

Over all mark did a great job on the new spawn map. i totally agree that the old spawn map is lame for ages and it needs to be changed. Recall farming is boring and lame. As for the new spawn map i hope it gets tweaked abit, its way to thick right now. For example Hyloth Lich Lord room there use to be a single LL there obviously u can recall farm it and needed to be fixed. but 3 LL is that really necessary? Tell me how u can solo 3 LL with a mage/warrior of any class. U can only do it with Tamer or bard that further limit the player templete when comes to pvm. If you tell me u can group pvm, if you take tamer/bard out of the equation. you will need at least 3 players to tackle with 3 LL straight up. unless you lure em 1 by 1. i am not saying group pvm is impossible but its all about player base. what majority of the player want. its not just this share i am sure majority of the UO player on any share perfers solo pvm, not to mention this game is been there for 9 years most of us are adults have irl stuff to deal with. If you push us to more group based pvm it will alter our game play time and style cause now we have to wait till our buddie gets home instead of playing UO. Keep in mind that roleplay is still UO's biggest asset and pvm is still majority of the game. I would suggest something like 3 Lichs + 1 LL to replace the 3 LL spawn. it will nerf the tamer recall farming tactic and also boast the spawn difficulty since u wont be able to solo the LL unless u deal with the liches first. Its hard enough BUT its still SOLOABLE! something like this should be done through out. Why do u need 2 balrons at old fire LL spot, Tell me whos going to ever go there ? red or blue

Here are some suggestions maybe you can take in to consideration:
1. gate with pets. you can only gate with bonded pets, it will significantly decrease the effectiveness of a tamer when comes to pvm. It will make tamer's life difficult when comes to running away from PKS. you may recall out but your pet will get slaughtered. Tamers are already too dominant when comes to pvm with this change it will get people to play other templetes instead dungeon pure of one of a kind tamers.

2.Gold sink. Neon hair vendor is a perfect gold sink for UO. why not make a vendor shop that sell blessed clothings like HYBRID ROCKS for a million a pop? its very similar to neon hair it looks cool but its insignificant to the game play.
since everyone is obsessed with how they look and the pretty sandals i am sure it will be the #1 gold sink to eat up all the excessive gold.

3. Champ spawn. With all the billions of gold and millions of vanq already exist on the share. Champ loot needs a major buff before u can get a group of pros to hunt em down. i suggest something like high end Smith made item like Agit/val weapons or blessed clothing like Hybrid rocks in place of POWER SCROLL. If these changes are made u will see those champions getting GANKED DAY AND NIGHT UNSTOP :D

eekamouse

Wanderer

Gorgeous said:
after further playing and testing the new changes. I do like the new loot system that loot is adjusted to the monster difficulty and that magic item drop rate lowered. But i think the gold drop should get slighty increase.for example LL should be 550-700 dragon 650-800 balron 1600-1800. magic item drop rate is perfect after the patch no more overwhelming vanqs and invul.

Over all mark did a great job on the new spawn map. i totally agree that the old spawn map is lame for ages and it needs to be changed. Recall farming is boring and lame. As for the new spawn map i hope it gets tweaked abit, its way to thick right now. For example Hyloth Lich Lord room there use to be a single LL there obviously u can recall farm it and needed to be fixed. but 3 LL is that really necessary? Tell me how u can solo 3 LL with a mage/warrior of any class. U can only do it with Tamer or bard that further limit the player templete when comes to pvm. If you tell me u can group pvm, if you take tamer/bard out of the equation. you will need at least 3 players to tackle with 3 LL straight up. unless you lure em 1 by 1. i am not saying group pvm is impossible but its all about player base. what majority of the player want. its not just this share i am sure majority of the UO player on any share perfers solo pvm, not to mention this game is been there for 9 years most of us are adults have irl stuff to deal with. If you push us to more group based pvm it will alter our game play time and style cause now we have to wait till our buddie gets home instead of playing UO. Keep in mind that roleplay is still UO's biggest asset and pvm is still majority of the game. I would suggest something like 3 Lichs + 1 LL to replace the 3 LL spawn. it will nerf the tamer recall farming tactic and also boast the spawn difficulty since u wont be able to solo the LL unless u deal with the liches first. Its hard enough BUT its still SOLOABLE! something like this should be done through out. Why do u need 2 balrons at old fire LL spot, Tell me whos going to ever go there ? red or blue

Here are some suggestions maybe you can take in to consideration:
1. gate with pets. you can only gate with bonded pets, it will significantly decrease the effectiveness of a tamer when comes to pvm. It will make tamer's life difficult when comes to running away from PKS. you may recall out but your pet will get slaughtered. Tamers are already too dominant when comes to pvm with this change it will get people to play other templetes instead dungeon pure of one of a kind tamers.

2.Gold sink. Neon hair vendor is a perfect gold sink for UO. why not make a vendor shop that sell blessed clothings like HYBRID ROCKS for a million a pop? its very similar to neon hair it looks cool but its insignificant to the game play.
since everyone is obsessed with how they look and the pretty sandals i am sure it will be the #1 gold sink to eat up all the excessive gold.

3. Champ spawn. With all the billions of gold and millions of vanq already exist on the share. Champ loot needs a major buff before u can get a group of pros to hunt em down. i suggest something like high end Smith made item like Agit/val weapons or blessed clothing like Hybrid rocks in place of POWER SCROLL. If these changes are made u will see those champions getting GANKED DAY AND NIGHT UNSTOP :D

Very good and well thought out.

I don't think you could get away with #1 even though it might work.

With #3, I am not sure about that. I liked the idea in the suggestion forums about possibly dropping checks. I do think Champ loot should be bumped a little and some kind of random backpack item drop is necessary. If you were to calculate based on damage to the champ only or something like that, bards would get screwed and bards are a huge part of doing the harder champ spawns successfullly.

#2 I like, and the initial paragraph has some good points and critiques. Finally, someone who has played the game and come back with tweaks instead of

Randoms said:
Mark suxors!!!zz

M

Mark

I would suggest something like 3 Lichs + 1 LL to replace the 3 LL spawn

I don't mind trying something like that, I just didn't like Hythloth 4 being such an easy dungeon..

I just changed the lich room to randomly spawn 3 of the following: liches, lich lords, and an ancient lich (with the ancient lich being the rarest to spawn).

I see all these new changes just making shit more annoying to do. With the huge decrease in gold farming, regs and everythign else everyone needs will get harder and more annoiyng to obtain. This will just slow the pace of the game down. The decreased gold drops and increased dungeon difficulty is jsut too much. I wanna log on and get right into pvping, i dont wanna waste an extra half an hour making refesh kegs for stamina, nor do i want to have to farm an extra hour to get the equivalent amount of gold i need to get my pvp items. I understand that this will help crafters, but stop trammelizing this shard.

M

Mark

IconoftheLegion said:
I see all these new changes just making shit more annoying to do. With the huge decrease in gold farming, regs and everythign else everyone needs will get harder and more annoiyng to obtain. This will just slow the pace of the game down. The decreased gold drops and increased dungeon difficulty is jsut too much. I wanna log on and get right into pvping, i dont wanna waste an extra half an hour making refesh kegs for stamina, nor do i want to have to farm an extra hour to get the equivalent amount of gold i need to get my pvp items. I understand that this will help crafters, but stop trammelizing this shard.

Sorry to interrupt your tirade, but I have a correction. This is the exact opposite of 'trammelizing'. Trammel made things easier, we are making things a little more difficult, a little more interesting.

If anything, it sounds like you want to play on a 'trammelized' shard, where you can't be killed and everything is handed to you on a silver platter.

your right, i do want my regs and pvp gear handed to me on a silver platter. The reason is that this game is now 9 years old, and im sure me and the majority of the players have had our days of farming leet monsters past us. The gold adjsut drop is a good idea, but the reg prices need to be tweaked. When the major source of income for this shard is changed, there will be many many unintended consequences.

Yes, regs for 2-4 gp each are too expensive! People using exceptional weapons, and armor is horrible! People won't be able to chug 100+ pots in a duel! Granted, some of these effects are far off in the future, when people's stockpiles are gone. But face it, every aspect of this spawn/loot change is great.

coldblood

Knight

You lose stamina very fast if u run now. but your mount still doesnt lose it fast enought tbh.... INCREASE HORSE STAMINA LOSS PLEASE....
sick of chasing people from brit to trinsic...

Jenova-gl

Sorceror

What exactly does this stamina change help?

It doesn't make anyones gameplay experience better, thats for sure.

It sure as hell doesnt make it more OSI authentic.

No one likes it.

??? Confused.

Bobby, as i said, i think the new item drop system is a great idea, but the stamina loss is not. Also, i know regs are cheap, but it is now twice as expensive to get them as it used to be. Over the long run, ppl would lose alot of time making extra gold and extra stam pots. And over the entire shard, alot of total time would be simply put down the drain. They arent making this shard harder, their making it more annoying, and when new players come, they will not like to get annoyed by a 9 year old game........ You cant just fuck around with the fundemental economics of UO. And no matter how much tweaking you try to do, it simply will not work with UO, its just not that type of game.

As, an example.... why dungeon crawl when u can make similar gold now with no danger tailoring and selling fancy shirts. Then you might say this is great for crafters which we need more of and make them more relavent. BUT its now twice as expensive/hard to maintain a shop. They shoudl've really consulted with an economist (like me) to really think over all the effects of this action. Altering monster spawn gold drops is like the US reserve raising interest rates by 3 percentage points at a time. It will simply wreak havoc.

What if your a noob player looking for a horse to buy from an animal trainer. They now need to find 602 gold, which used to be covered by one wisp. Now, since they wont "get it handed to them on a silver platter" they will say fuck this and not play.

What if your a noob dexxer that needs bandages. You now HAVE to make a tailor, cuz i dont think anybody is going to be selling bandages, or that player now needs to kill one whole wisp to purchase 20 of them. I honestly think that it will not be enjoyable to have to kill 8 wisps to get bandages and a mount, when it used to be covered by one wisp. The kind of obstacles new players to this shard will have to overcome to participate in pvp will now be tremendous.

The point is, UO cannot be balanced out.

Gorgeous

Wanderer

I agree with some of the points IconoftheLegion made. The new system really sucked for new players. Consider the fact that the deeper dungeon is now so hard and that the loot is not so great, for a new player u do need to kill some brigands or air water elemental of that nature to start out. It will take a month i predict to have a 7x dexxer now for a new comer to the share instead of a week at the most before the patch.

And for bobby obviously u are one of the old school hybrid players. Like i said in the previous post, the changes obviously benefit the old schools. We all have multi accounts with all the mage/warrior templete u can have made and the crafters ready for WW3. The reg price wont do anything to us even they are 100 a pop we just sit back and laff at the newcomers.

Honestly imagine yourself start all over with a blank here w/o a friend. what would u do for gold and how long is it going to take to have the regs to gm resist magery and other expensive skills in comparison to before? consider the dungeon difficulty and the loot drop. and consider the fact that many old schooler stopped farming after the patch and they go pee v pee and whos at the receiveing end? lol yes you got it right again the new players.

The new spawn map revamp the adjustment made to the magic item drop rate is all good. I am not so sure about the gold drop. IconoftheLegion got one thing right this is a 9 year old game we all here for a quick catch up, especially for the new players to the shard. The lower gold drop has nothing to do with dungeon difficulty nor does it make this shard harder, it is more annoying cause you simply have to spent more time to do something that can be done much quicker.

One last fact, with the new spawn map and Weapons and armor will lose hitpoints more frequently. I can say this for sure, you will only be seeing tamer/bard pvm from now on. I have tested my warrior on LL at hythloth lvl 2 3 LL room. in 90 mins i killed 15+- Lich Lords, the spawn is so slow maybe 5 min per sometimes 10. I have to repair my silver power kryss 2 Times. I got 7 Magic items total, mostly ruin/might just one force halbert. These facts speak for itself.

The new weapon/armor sink is a great idea however it should not be implemented with such dramatic measure. it will become annoy to have items repair every trip back from a hunt. It goes the same with other changes, changes should be made but maybe in a smaller magnitude .

Well, once again i found the godly farm technique, alas new players will not have a very good time. One dead wisp will give u 25 regs. Before one dead wisp gave u 200 regs. That an 800 % loss of time. Multpily 800% time lost by the amount of players and multiply that for every day this is implemented, and that is the amount of time that coudlve been spent pvping or participating in factions. That time can never be recovered and will forver go down as wasted time. The people that wanted to see these changes through, need to go online and look up "oppurtunity cost" and really really think about how it applies to this shard, and im sure once u understand this simple concept, it will be clear as to exactly the magnitude to which this change can fuck shit up.

This is trammelization in its purest form disguised as "making things harder". Somebody rep me for the mathematics god damn it.

GradGT

Sorceror

I don't understand how making the rich richer and the poor poorer is going to lead to a more stable economy. Wouldn't a better economy be one with more people in the middle class...

Gorgeous said:
Honestly imagine yourself start all over with a blank here w/o a friend. what would u do for gold and how long is it going to take to have the regs to gm resist magery and other expensive skills in comparison to before? consider the dungeon difficulty and the loot drop. and consider the fact that many old schooler stopped farming after the patch and they go pee v pee and whos at the receiveing end? lol yes you got it right again the new players.
Make a dexer/smith
Mining - sell ingots.
Blacksmith - BODs - make weapons and armor - keep stuff repaired
Anatomy
Swords
Tactics
Healing
Hiding (GM first)
USE EVERYTHING. Every item you see on the ground and picked up from monsters, sell it or use it.
Then move onto either a bard or a tamer.
Gorgeous said:
The new spawn map revamp the adjustment made to the magic item drop rate is all good. I am not so sure about the gold drop. IconoftheLegion got one thing right this is a 9 year old game we all here for a quick catch up, especially for the new players to the shard. The lower gold drop has nothing to do with dungeon difficulty nor does it make this shard harder, it is more annoying cause you simply have to spent more time to do something that can be done much quicker.
Why not just allow player to set skills and such? It's pretty obvious that this server is shifting towards a more, "hey this shit kinda matters", type of server as opposed to a, "play for a week and move on", type.
Gorgeous said:
One last fact, with the new spawn map and Weapons and armor will lose hitpoints more frequently. I can say this for sure, you will only be seeing tamer/bard pvm from now on. I have tested my warrior on LL at hythloth lvl 2 3 LL room. in 90 mins i killed 15+- Lich Lords, the spawn is so slow maybe 5 min per sometimes 10. I have to repair my silver power kryss 2 Times. I got 7 Magic items total, mostly ruin/might just one force halbert. These facts speak for itself.

The new weapon/armor sink is a great idea however it should not be implemented with such dramatic measure. it will become annoy to have items repair every trip back from a hunt. It goes the same with other changes, changes should be made but maybe in a smaller magnitude .
I agree the changes were a little sudden, but in over all I think the change is good.
I went camping for hours over the weekend and came out with hundreds of weapons and armor worth keeping. All force/hardening and up, I even got some powers, a couple vanqs; a few piece of invul. Just wait until the mass stocks of highend equipment dwindles, it'll be like old school UO. Welfare warriors. Fun and fast paced.

People dont want to start a 9 year old game by making a god damn dexxer blacksmith. They want to make a dexxer or hybrid or mage quickly to get right into the mix, and when time comes for some farming those characters can sustain themselves without having to make secondary chars. And now that every1 will be making secondary chars youll have more alchy's and shit cuz gold will be too rare to spend on kegs. There goes shopkeeps and vendors............. I had a player begging me last night for a horse because he coudlnt risk buying one. Sure punker's they can spend a month doing BOD's to get right into the mix. Thatll be good for pvp, itll also be good when the market is flooded with smiths. Exceptional weapons wont be worth shit as soon as every1 and their mom has a crafter. UO CANNOT BE BALANCED OUT.