UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Patch Notes 6/6/06

Stides40oz

Knight
Re: Patch Notes 6/6/06

Adian said:
All the changes seem good to me...for the most part.

I think you should be able to see the max hps on items, however...
In addition, I think the increase stamina loss on mounts is rather annoying, especially when you're trying to gun someone down and your mount putts out.
Exactly without being able to see max hp people are going to get scammed hard. I know after i use my agapite weapon for its faction term and its been repaired 40 times and has 10hp left ill be selling it for 150k like I always do my agapite weapons when they go unblessed.
And guess what someone will buy it and it sucks for them.

Adian

Wanderer

StIdes40oz said:
Exactly without being able to see max hp people are going to get scammed hard. I know after i use my agapite weapon for its faction term and its been repaired 40 times and has 10hp left ill be selling it for 150k like I always do my agapite weapons when they go unblessed.
And guess what someone will buy it and it sucks for them.

Yeah. Perhaps make it where you can see the maxHP on weapons/armor with Arms Lore or something. Just a suggestion. Something...

The stamina loss on mounts should be altered though.

Lesabre

Sorceror

The stamina on mounts is ridiculous now. I saw three people today die to a gank because of it. I know, I know, you can feed it right? Yea i'm sure you have time to dismount feed it some beef while being synched on or being para ganked.

Adian

Wanderer

johny[nad] said:
The stamina on mounts is ridiculous now. I saw three people today die to a gank because of it. I know, I know, you can feed it right? Yea i'm sure you have time to dismount feed it some beef while being synched on or being para ganked.

Exactly. It's ridiculous.

Phyrex

Page

johny[nad] said:

Horses don't like Beef :(
Oh and stamina is pretty much a bitch all round now. Non-mount using Roleplayers are like >=[

GradGT

Sorceror

Yea I can't say I agree with most of the changes lately either. Really it's just widening the gap between the poor players and the rich, which makes the game more annoying for all but a minority. I can't see a reason to make more annoying game aspects like running out of horse stamina... horses running forever was cool imo.

How does the horse stamina effect ethys?

Nameless88s

Wanderer

are you better off running on a bonded mount vs an ethy, and if that is the case which mount would be best for this new stam change

Overmann

Sorceror

^ Ethys are best because you can switch out mounts with an extra ethy in your inventory, which would then have full stamina. The downside to this is, of course... you have to switch mounts at the most inconvenient of times.

I'm willing to bet these cries-for-help about the weapons, gold reductions and stamina loss will go unheard by the staff, who will merrily continue to screw over most of their player base. It's why politicians pork-barrel and score points with their constituents, people - take a hint.

After all; why should Ryan care how most of the players move up in Hybrid? What's important is that he has it all already.

Having to drink four greater refresh pots to run from Trinsic to Britain is a great idea, and improves all of our gameplay experiences tremendously.

Good update.

Monoxide

Sorceror

runner said:
Having to drink four greater refresh pots to run from Trinsic to Britain is a great idea, and improves all of our gameplay experiences tremendously.

Good update.
Recall scrolls, they work with 0 magery.

M

Mark

runner said:

Good update.

Making up bullshit figures and acting hard in my thread is a great idea too..

I just ran from Britain Graveyard to Trinsic and arrived with 15 stamina out of 45.

The truth is most of the 'expert UO scientist conclusions' in this thread aren't worth reading, must less refuting.

Monoxide

Sorceror

He may be correct if you run it without a mount. That part does need to be tweaked slightly in my opinion.

Lesabre

Sorceror

What I said wasn't a scientific uo conclusion, it was a fact. I seen it several times with my own eyes. I do notice I use twice as many freshes when running. And also by the time I find someone to fight i've gone from 16 to 5 stam pots, so I guess I should start carrying refresh kegs. But more importantly, think about the newbie pvmers and the like. My first month on the shard I never carried a refresh potion. It's a MUST now.

Monoxide

Sorceror

johny[nad] said:
What I said wasn't a scientific uo conclusion, it was a fact. I seen it several times with my own eyes. I do notice I use twice as many freshes when running. And also by the time I find someone to fight i've gone from 16 to 5 stam pots, so I guess I should start carrying refresh kegs. But more importantly, think about the newbie pvmers and the like. My first month on the shard I never carried a refresh potion. It's a MUST now.
Explain a little more. Were you on foot or mounted? How many stones were you carrying and what's your max? Were you fully fed or starving?

Overmann

Sorceror

Mark, are you seriously going to keep the current increased stam loss? It's a joke. Players shouldn't run out of stamina just by *walking* on their mount.

The_Sandman

Wanderer

how about this, I ran around the snowy death pit 10 times and went from 30 to 3 stam. I dont know how far u can egt w/o refresh but im used to people like mark nerfing parts of the game that shouldnt be touched.. it must be because he can't afford a TV! :D <3 for SAN!

M

Mark

the_sandman- said:
how about this, I ran around the snowy death pit 10 times and went from 30 to 3 stam. I dont know how far u can egt w/o refresh but im used to people like mark nerfing parts of the game that shouldnt be touched.. it must be because he can't afford a TV! :D <3 for SAN!

Snowy Death has a perimeter of 100 tiles, so you went 1000 steps with only 27 stamina... how is that horrible?

The_Sandman

Wanderer

Yea I guess you could say its not bad but the problem is i wan runn around the duel spot not the arena count again son.

M

Mark

the_sandman- said:
Yea I guess you could say its not bad but the problem is i wan runn around the duel spot not the arena count again son.

The inner arena is 10x15, perimeter of 50.. so you ran 500 steps with 27 stamina, whats the problem?