UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Patch: 9-13-2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

Addicted

Disciple
Re: Patch: 9-13-2005

I just can't help but think...about the reality of this.

If there was a place in a town where warriors and whatnot came to practice their skills in a controlled enviroment, then a murderer showed up and wanted to practice with them. Of course they aren't going to just sit and watch him get better. They would kill him.

Maybe you should start macroing off your murder counts.

Jelly-hybrid

Wanderer

btw, this doesnt just affect reds. anybody who is in order, chaos, or factions are screwd too. i see the reason behind the changes, but mabye it should been more planned.

ramrod said:
dude think of this way, say you had a dueler ranked in the top 15 and he was red would you like to start over and get back there...i think not... point made plain and simple
Good point.

Stides40oz

Knight

i like this im gona kill everyone in the duel pits now. Take that trammie duelers!

Edit: I dont like this now i just tryed it and blues can run in the duel pits after youve attacked them. Gives the trams another place to hide now. :(

R

Ryan

ramrod said:
my skull isnt thick and this will ruin dueling but go ahead drive the shard into the ground why do the players care. we dont even get a say so in the situation or changes to the shard. Shard will never be the same.

Thanks for proving that you do not know what you're talking about.

The UO Gamers Staff and Developers have assembled a few groups of players that we use for an advisory board when it comes to implementing changes. We talk to different groups depending on the areas we are making changes in.

You're suggesting that player's don't get a vote, or a say in the changes to the shard, and that my friend is an out and out lie. We put major topics up for a shard poll that people get to vote on when they log in, and minor topics go through the advisory groups.

As with all changes there are players that won't like it, but I am not here to make everyone happy, I cannot make a change that will keep everyone on the shard happy but I do have to worry about the majority of our players.

I've grown so tired of seeing the duel pits become a sort of safe haven or hangout for self professed PvP'ers, and I put a change in to stop that. The duel pits are designed to be areas where players can go have it out in a fair and balanced area, or make a character that they duel with all day long. Once done, they can leave. The area around the duel pit is there for aesthetics or possibly in the future a gambling system for duels, but right now our players use it like a gate to Trammel.

I really don't care if you're angry over the change, you again are looking at this change on a small scale, and not on the overall larger scale. If you quit being so self righteous and step back and say ok what are the pros and cons of today's changes, you will see that we thought this decision out. I mean seriously god forbid we put PvP'ers (which is what the duel pit area's are for) in an area where they might be forced to PvP.

Give me a break man, you obviously didn't think this through, and just wanted to whine.

I'll give you a chance to think it over, but for the rest of you... if you dont think it over my only suggestion to you is to grab a cock flavored popsicle and shut the hell up.

Thanks,
Ryan

- a ghost -

Wanderer

This is amazing. Well sirs, dueling on this shard has just been screwed over. So much for that. Go ahead and delete the pits, they are useless now.

Stides40oz

Knight

Ryan said:
Thanks for proving that you do not know what you're talking about.

The UO Gamers Staff and Developers have assembled a few groups of players that we use for an advisory board when it comes to implementing changes. We talk to different groups depending on the areas we are making changes in.

You're suggesting that player's don't get a vote, or a say in the changes to the shard, and that my friend is an out and out lie. We put major topics up for a shard poll that people get to vote on when they log in, and minor topics go through the advisory groups.

As with all changes there are players that won't like it, but I am not here to make everyone happy, I cannot make a change that will keep everyone on the shard happy but I do have to worry about the majority of our players.

I've grown so tired of seeing the duel pits become a sort of safe haven or hangout for self professed PvP'ers, and I put a change in to stop that. The duel pits are designed to be areas where players can go have it out in a fair and balanced area, or make a character that they duel with all day long. Once done, they can leave. The area around the duel pit is there for aesthetics or possibly in the future a gambling system for duels, but right now our players use it like a gate to Trammel.

I really don't care if you're angry over the change, you again are looking at this change on a small scale, and not on the overall larger scale. If you quit being so self righteous and step back and say ok what are the pros and cons of today's changes, you will see that we thought this decision out. I mean seriously god forbid we put PvP'ers (which is what the duel pit area's are for) in an area where they might be forced to PvP.

Give me a break man, you obviously didn't think this through, and just wanted to whine.

I'll give you a chance to think it over, but for the rest of you... if you dont think it over my only suggestion to you is to grab a cock flavored popsicle and shut the hell up.

Thanks,
Ryan
You just gave the blues another place to run when theyre under attack. You should put back not being allowed to run in the pits when engaged. If you want to force PvP. Less safe zones the better and you just added another one for blues.

The only duel pit I have ever seen anyone hang out at is Delucia Pond. The only reason people hang out there is because it is a safe zone.

If duel pits are no longer safe zones, then there are not going to be mobs of people hanging out there "waiting to gank reds" or even hanging out there at all. The only people at duel pits will be the people who just finished dueling.

I think this change is great.

StIdes40oz said:
i like this im gona kill everyone in the duel pits now. Take that trammie duelers!

Edit: I dont like this now i just tryed it and blues can run in the duel pits after youve attacked them. Gives the trams another place to hide now. :(
No different than them making to town to guard wack you...........

Jelly said:
so reds are pretty much fucked or duels now? i like the new changes, but im not fond of getting ganked the second my duel ends when im dismountedand naked. could there be like a 60 second period of time where the person or persons has a chance to recall or mount or somthing?

yea make it like after u join an even u cant attack ppl or be attacked, but just lower the duration

ramrod

Wanderer

- a ghost - said:
This is amazing. Well sirs, dueling on this shard has just been screwed over. So much for that. Go ahead and delete the pits, they are useless now.
amen *sigh* what to do now well imna go sit in my new safezone cause im a trammy popsickle lover

Stides40oz

Knight

aww double gay. You cant perform negative acts on blues in the duelpits. I dunno this sounded cool from the first read. But now that ive been in game and seen it in action. It seems to be just a trammie place for blues to run too. I tryed to explode someone.

EDIT: WTF MY FRIEND IS BLUE TRYING TO ATTACK MY RED AND ITS SAYING HE CANT PERFORM NEGATIVE ACTS. Youve got problems here ryan.

R

Ryan

THEN STOP HANGING OUT IN THE PITS.

What is so frecking hard to understand about this... ITS NOT TO HANG OUT IN, ITS FOR 2 PLAYERS TO FIGHT IN.

Originally Posted by - a ghost -
It is now like, being red is a disadvantage. Reds are always getting penalized...

I thought being red was supposed to be a disadvantage... Should things be easier for you???

Stides40oz

Knight

Ryan said:
THEN STOP HANGING OUT IN THE PITS.

What is so frecking hard to understand about this... ITS NOT TO HANG OUT IN, ITS FOR 2 PLAYERS TO FIGHT IN.
I dunno its exactly the same as b4 man cept it doesnt say you r entering the duel pits. Nothing has changed. Was this intended?

I loved the idea for the changes but as it is currently nothing has changed. You cant attack reds or anyone for that matter in the duel pits. The only thing that has changed is that players can run in the pits after engaged. Thats not what you intended i dont think.

Status
Not open for further replies.